IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

why does god follow indian culture?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In olden days people dint invent cars and planes.They dint have jeans and tee shirts.So Hindu gods wore dhotis,travelled in horses etc.But nowadays also why do we still wear dhoti and king type dress to god?Why cannot we dress up god in jeans and tee shirts?They are good dresses.so why still follow old style of dressing for gods?

In olden days people dint invent cars and planes

who told that they didnt invent any cars or planes? infact they had most advanced ones, the ones which moved wiht spiritual energy and cud endure for thousand years. Havent u heard about Pushpaka vimana which was gifted to yakshas by brahma which was later forcefully taken by Ravana. Cars they never needed as they cud literally move to any place at their will by their Yogic power

They dint have jeans and tee shirts

I hope u re not making fun of , are u? then i too can make fun of u and your science , but thats not the vedic way he he. Todays Science is just a bunch of crafted theoris which are based on so many axioms and assumptions, this doesnt know anything about spirituality , then wht to speak about dhothis ? In 60s and 70s there were articles advocating Smoking and eating nonveg, but now, its the opposite , might be in future (if Krishna wills´) it wud even come to conclusion that Vedas are the essance and Krishna is ultimate aim......

Hari hari bol

Guest guest

Even though you claim the name Einstein, from your post you proved that you're not very bright.

You can ask the same question to a Christian about why dress a christ statue in a robe or loincloth, or why not dress virgin mary in a cocktail dress? But you know very well you wouldn't do so.

your subject line says that you believe in god,

and that you know god follows the vedic culture.

see, as we hindus know, god is not jealous.

if you want to worship him in jeans and guns,

go aahead, and stick with that sadhana.

you and we and god all will be happy.

would you do it?

Guest guest

I am asking this question to all religions.Why should jesus wear only robes and pygamas?Why not jeans and tee shirt?

I am not making fun...see the main point is why should god who is common to all time periods wear the dress of people of the past?

Guest guest

madav,

I belong to a different religion.Science.There truth is the only god who we worship.But we dont know how that god is.So we are searching for that god.

Nonsense of an Atheist. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dress which we wore today is based on the design best suited for our environment. Dhotis for example made it easy for Indians (who live in hot climate) to move comfortably.

Same as robes are for Jews and people of the desert which designed to expose a little as possible to the sun and sand in the desert.

In Artic for example, we have people who wear thick furs to keep heat in.

Jeans and T-shirts is nothing more than western culture and in many way, corruption to the mind. It was design for easier wear and durability in their own land and during working period in the west. However, today youths wear it to show off their bodies.

So, by stating Hindus should dress of Gods in Jeans and T-shirts, you are putting them in the same category of youths today who glare at each others body and admire it - thus, commiting adultery by mind.

<< why should god who is common to all time periods wear the dress of people of the past? >>

- god loes us all like a father does to babies.

so , if babies dress godn in any kind of dress god will wear it happily. he doe snot mind, he enjoys it.

- if everyone dresses god in different ways,

then it will really cause confusion for the people, they will ask "who is this" each time. so, there is a useful tradition per scriptures that describes how god dresses, and we keep that tradition. that way all know just by the look who is who.

Guest guest

im not an atheist.I belong to religion of science where truth is the god.

jeans doesnt corrupt anybody.Its comfortable and good.Further talking about 'hindu god' is an oxymoron.God is common to all religions and cultures.How can god be hindu and christian etc?Only humans can be hindus and muslims.god has no religion or culture bias.

im not an atheist.I belong to religion of science where truth is the god.

Like what I have proven already, you're an atheist, because only Atheists could believe in things like Science blindly.

jeans doesnt corrupt anybody.Its comfortable and good.

Wrong ... jeans do corrupt the mind of the youngsters today. Simply because tight jeans attend to "show" shapes of "things" which was hidden before. Same way of T-Shirts does.

Don't believe me ... just go and look at most Indian movies and their dance. See what they are wearing. They won't wear skirts (most of the time) and dance in such manner because they do have shyness. But to promote their own images, they are willing to flirt their "resources" in an unseening ways. Thus, it corrupts the mind.

Further talking about 'hindu god' is an oxymoron.God is common to all religions and cultures.How can god be hindu and christian etc?Only humans can be hindus and muslims.god has no religion or culture bias.

Wrong ... God and Religion is two different thing. Those who believe in God, may not believe in Religion. They will not become an Atheist in anyway. However, those who believe in Religion ALONE, many ARE Atheists - have no believe in God. Same goes for Muslims and Christians.

I will give you an example :

Hebrews were people of the Book - believe in One God. At one time, they were taken to Egypt and there, they lived, worshipping the Egyptian dieties.

Did God existed just because Hebrews believed in Him? No.

Did God ceased to exists after Hebrews choose not to believe in Him? No.

Whether Hebrews believed in Him or not, it doesn't matter. He exists whether you believe in Him or not.

After God brought the Hebrews out of Egypt and established the Promised Land to them, He gave them their Laws and ordered them to worship Him in the same manner. Jewish Religion was born.

So, this shows that God (in Jewish tradition) didn't come to exist because of Jewish Religion, but because He existed before and after.

Guest guest

Like what I have proven already, you're an atheist, because only Atheists could believe in things like Science blindly

*Science is based on replication and empirical evidence.So we dont believe it blindly.

Wrong ... jeans do corrupt the mind of the youngsters today. Simply because tight jeans attend to "show" shapes of "things" which was hidden before. Same way of T-Shirts does.

*So what?Even gajuraho idols show everything explicitly.Even sarees and dhoti expose most body parts than jeans.

Wrong ... God and Religion is two different thing. Those who believe in God, may not believe in Religion. They will not become an Atheist in anyway. However, those who believe in Religion ALONE, many ARE Atheists - have no believe in God. Same goes for Muslims and Christians.

*I believe in god which is truth and religion which is science.Thus I believe in both god and religion.

*Science is based on replication and empirical evidence.So we dont believe it blindly

And like what I have said earlier ... the so-called "evidence" you think you found is just temporary one and changes in time. Believing in relative truth as absolute one is a foolish belief.

*So what? Even gajuraho idols show everything explicitly.Even sarees and dhoti expose most body parts than jeans.

No they don't. They expose the body parts ONLY if you are looking for it specifically. Saree for example covers the shape of the breast from frontal view, but you can still see it from side views (if you choose to look for it).

Same also with garments. It still shows the shape of the legs and buttocks but many of them hide it more than it could with a jeans which shows clearly (no need imagination here).

PS : No offense to women forumers were attended. Sorry.

*I believe in god which is truth and religion which is science.Thus I believe in both god and religion.

Your "God" is relative truth which changed in time and your religion is science which does outdated in times as well. Therefore, you believe in foolish beliefs and ONLY one believes in foolish beliefs are ATHEIST. Therefore, you are an atheist.

BTW, "You're just a Puppet" is my Signature, not a statement.

Guest guest

The guy is only asking why are God dressed up with clothes used in the ancient times?

The answer is simple, Krishna / Jesus etc., belonged to an era when people used to wear dhoti / robes, and hence they are depicted so....

So, if and when there is a next incarnation, in the future modern world, the incarnation during that period will be depicted in the clothes worn generally in that era/time.

Got it?

Its not important where/when God appears and what kind of dress he wears, but what messages he delivers.

Guest guest

Hari OM

Dress is not culture, when people of India change their dressing style, it does not mean they had changed their culture.

Icon (that is a symbol or Statute) is not God, it just helps the Bhaktas to focus their concentration (each symbol has some very specific meanings which helps Bhaktas to increase their spiritual concentration)

The foolish people think that by degrading the icons (like printing in Shoes, Beer Bootles, breaking them, etc., )they are degarding God Himself. But they are fooling only themselves, the God or His Bhaktas are not worried about that.

Also this post shows your superficial knowledge, you are not worried about the Philosohpy called God, even the icon which is the first step in the direction of that philisophy , rather on the type of cloth over that icon!!

Guest guest

And like what I have said earlier ... the so-called "evidence" you think you found is just temporary one and changes in time. Believing in relative truth as absolute one is a foolish belief.

*No truth is absolute.The truth we search is actually best description of a phenomenon.We dont believe in absolute truths.

No they don't. They expose the body parts ONLY if you are looking for it specifically. Saree for example covers the shape of the breast from frontal view, but you can still see it from side views (if you choose to look for it).

Same also with garments. It still shows the shape of the legs and buttocks but many of them hide it more than it could with a jeans which shows clearly (no need imagination here).

*Same thing with jeans.Jeans and tee shirt doesnt expose body parts.If you choose to look for it you can find onbscenity even in purdah.BTW what about male gods wearing jeans and tee shirt?

Your "God" is relative truth which changed in time and your religion is science which does outdated in times as well. Therefore, you believe in foolish beliefs and ONLY one believes in foolish beliefs are ATHEIST. Therefore, you are an atheist.

*All truth is relative.Give me an example of absolute truth or define what it is.

BTW "Im not a puppet is my heading,not a statement"

Guest guest

Einstein,

to you answer your original question of why God is only dressed in dhoti and not in jeans....

if iam correct (although i dont have references), a dress worn should not be stitched. That is why dhoti and no jeans.

That is why sanyasis wear robes and not stitched modern dress. The idea is simplicity and only enough to cover the body. So, the dress for God and advanced devotees are like robes that are woven around the body and needles and buttons and zippers and pockets are not used because God is the Supreme and so He is the Supreme renunciate (this is one of His 6 qualities). So, He is worn dress that is like a robe.

Haribol!

anand

*No truth is absolute.The truth we search is actually best description of a phenomenon.We dont believe in absolute truths.

That is why you're an atheist. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Atheists choose Relative Truth as Absolute and do not believe that there is an Absolute Truth out there.

*Same thing with jeans.Jeans and tee shirt doesnt expose body parts.If you choose to look for it you can find onbscenity even in purdah.BTW what about male gods wearing jeans and tee shirt?

Nope, I cannot find any obscenity in purdah, monk's robes, Rabbi's robes, properly woren Sharee and such. Any clothing which designed for comfort and to hide one's modestry will not have any obscene in them.

T-Shirt which shows clearly the shape (and even the nipples sometimes) of the breast and Jeans which shows the outline of the legs and other parts is NOT design for modesty in mind. They are designed for youngsters to flirt their bodies around - influence of Western influence where women are nothing more than sex objects and sex is something they considered casual.

Again - my apologize for women forumers. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

*All truth is relative.Give me an example of absolute truth or define what it is.

Example :

A murder is commited in Scene A at a certain date and at certain time. Victim had died, no one is caught yet.

You can go there, investigate the crime and come out with clues and find proof. You can built a case and gather possible suspects. You can determine the motives and produce them in court of Law.

In the end, what you have is just Relative truth - your own understanding of what has happened, how it had happened, why it had happened and such. You will not find Absolute Truth unless you yourself have seen it with your own eyes. To tell you the truth, ONLY two people have the Absolute Truth in this matter - the Victim and the Culprit. Sure, a witness also, if you like.

That is what you are ... someone who understands whatever you want to understand and call it Absolute Truth, not knowing how idiotic it actually is. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Just remember ... not everyone in the jail are guilt and not everyone in the street are innocent. You want to walk around with such black and white mindset, that is your choice.

<< Why cannot we dress up god in jeans and tee shirts? >>

the nudists will ask why god or you need any clothes on the at all. do you have any anser for it? what will your mother say?

Guest guest

Atheists choose Relative Truth as Absolute and do not believe that there is an Absolute Truth out there.

**when we deny the existence of 'absolute truth' where is the question of accepting relative truth as absolute truth?

T-Shirt which shows clearly the shape (and even the nipples sometimes) of the breast and Jeans which shows the outline of the legs and other parts is NOT design for modesty in mind. They are designed for youngsters to flirt their bodies around - influence of Western influence where women are nothing more than sex objects and sex is something they considered casual.

**Gah,,in rural areas in India many farmers dont even wear shirts.Will you call thata s sobscene because their nipples are visible?They wear a dhoti which is raised above the knees to avoid being dirtied by mud in the farm land.Is that obscene?

In the end, what you have is just Relative truth - your own understanding of what has happened, how it had happened, why it had happened and such. You will not find Absolute Truth unless you yourself have seen it with your own eyes. To tell you the truth, ONLY two people have the Absolute Truth in this matter - the Victim and the Culprit. Sure, a witness also, if you like.

**Its not as simple.Let us assume that the culprit surrenders and accepts that he did the murder.But his intelligent lawyer argues that

--The accused was poor.The victim was rich.He begged for food.The victim did not give.In anger he killed the victim.So he is not the murderer.The society which did not feed the poor man is the real murderer.

Or

--The accused did not murder him.Vedas say that every act is done by god.This murder is also an act.Thus it was god who murdered and not the accused.

now what is the absolute truth here??

nothing.

There is no absolute truth.

Guest guest

the nudists will ask why god or you need any clothes on the at all. do you have any anser for it? what will your mother say?

** I will show them the nude idol of baby krishna.simple.

**when we deny the existence of 'absolute truth' where is the question of accepting relative truth as absolute truth?

You cannot say relative truth is absolute truth. That IS A LIE.

Like the example of the crime I spoke earlier. You as a policeman can gather evidence, motives and possible suspects as relative proof and submit it to the court. However, you CANNOT walk around and say this is what happened (referring to the crime) as if you were there to see it. If you have not seen it yet say you believe something you thought of as Absolute, then you are a LIAR.

Once you have seen a crime with your own eyes, you become part of the crime scene thus, you are not a policeman anymore, but a witness ... your status have changed, even so your occupation have not.

Same here with Seekers of God. They seek God by understanding His knowledge. What they understood is Relative to what is God. Till they themselves have seen God and become part of Him, one cannot say whatever he or she knows is Absolute (like what Muhammad and Jesus had spoken). Such approach is LIE.

**Gah,,in rural areas in India many farmers dont even wear shirts.Will you call thata s sobscene because their nipples are visible?They wear a dhoti which is raised above the knees to avoid being dirtied by mud in the farm land.Is that obscene?

Don't be an idiot, can or not? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Farmers have their reasons to take off their shirt and walk in the mud up to their knees. They don't strip naked and jump into the mud because of the same excuse.

ONLY idiots will say the same logic applies to youngsters in the cities who wears revealing clothes and flirt their bodies. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

**Its not as simple.Let us assume that the culprit surrenders and accepts that he did the murder. But his intelligent lawyer argues that

--The accused was poor.The victim was rich.He begged for food.The victim did not give.In anger he killed the victim.So he is not the murderer.The society which did not feed the poor man is the real murderer.

Or

--The accused did not murder him.Vedas say that every act is done by god.This murder is also an act.Thus it was god who murdered and not the accused.

now what is the absolute truth here??

Absolute truth here is - the Culprit had commited the crime. That is the Truth.

No matter what nonsense the lawyers says or what excuse is given, the facts are :

1. A life is taken - cannot be changed.

2. Culprit come forward and accept the guilt - cannot be changed either.

In this argument, the Lawyer CAN fight to reduce the sentences the judge will give to him but he cannot possibly ask the judge to excuse the culprit for taking a life. That is stupid.

Guest guest

You cannot say relative truth is absolute truth. That IS A LIE.

**Where did I say that?I have always been saying there is no absolute truth.I never said relative truth is absolute truth.

Farmers have their reasons to take off their shirt and walk in the mud up to their knees. They don't strip naked and jump into the mud because of the same excuse.ONLY idiots will say the same logic applies to youngsters in the cities who wears revealing clothes and flirt their bodies.

**Youngsters in cities also wear tee shirts and bermudas to escape heat wave and sultriness.why do you object to that?Many decent youngmen wear jeans and teeshirt.They dont flirt.Dont generalize.

Absolute truth here is - the Culprit had commited the crime. That is the Truth.

**Advaitha will not agree.It will say "The one who murdered and the the one who got murdered both are one and same"..now how can you call the culprit as murderer?

In dwaitha stage he is murderer.In advaitha stage he is not murderer.

so how is this absolute truth?