IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krishnadasa

Sanatana Dharma and Judaism

Rate this topic

As I see many jews hang around in this forum, I thought there must a great amount of similarity between the the Judaism and the religion what we follow in Bharath. But unfortunately I have very less knowledge about this particular faith which is followed in Israel mostly. So are my questions down here, let us start from the fundamentals and then develop slowly.

1. Whats the basic difference b/w hinduism and Judaism?

2. Does Judiams give a Beutiful form for the God?

3. What are the things they think necessary for God realisation=?

4. How many scriptures they possess for the same?

5. Does it relate to Hinduism from time immemoria`?

and lastly but not the least

6. Who are their spiritual masters?

Hari hari bol

WWW is the calling card for such info. I sometime wonder why people like you surf the net if you cannot find such infos. The Jews know pretty well about their own religion and if you need to know about their feel free to browse their website instead of asking such questions here.

But the question has merit for the kabbalah judaism is mystical, and to compare and contrast it with the mysticism of the upanishads would be interesting, indeed.

Regards,

Saurav

Dude can you debate with the net? i dun think so! debate can be done only with the living things, and forum consists of living biengs i guess.

I can get info from the net, but cant debate with the dead info. to debate people have to be active and that can be found only in the forums

hari hari bol

OK, let's take it one by one ...

1. Whats the basic difference b/w hinduism and Judaism?

Main difference is Monotheism. Like Islam and Christianity (before Jesus added into the soup), Judaism preachs concept of One God who create, maintence and destroy the World. Hindusm split the role into three accordingly. This is the main difference I could see.

Also, concepts of Reincarnation and Karma is NOT STATED in Judaism, however, that means Jews are free to accept or decline such concepts, the same way Buddhists free to accept or decline reincarnations.

In Judaism, it simply stated that you live a proper life according to the Laws, and when you die, you will be buried. In Judgement Day, you will be awaken to face judgement. However, it didn't say whether it is your body which will be awaken or your soul.

If one sees from Christianity and Islam, one can say it is the body which will be awaken with soul residing in it. If from Hindusm term, it will be the soul and the body can be discarded. So it is an on-going debate which will be awaken.

2. Does Judiams give a Beutiful form for the God?

Closest one gets to a Form for God in Judaism is Sephiroth (form which you can find in Kaballah concept). It is a form without a form.

3. What are the things they think necessary for God realisation=?

Faith of course. ANY fool can follow a Law without faith. ANY fool can pray without faith. You can see plenty of this examples in Christianity and Islam where they pray because they were told to pray, not because they have faith.

Have faith He is with you in whatever you do, He will be.

4. How many scriptures they possess for the same?

Scriptures? Here's a tricky one.

There is Torah or what Christians refers to as the OLD Testatement. In Torah, there is 5 books - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

I think it is easier if you just read the below website :

http://www.jewfaq.org/torah.htm#Scrolls

We also have the Judaism Mystism which known as Kaballah. It is considered dangerous to be studied by anyone below 30 (some say 40) because such person may not have proper spirituality to understand it. Even Moses received his messages from God at age above 30.

5. Does it relate to Hinduism from time immemoria`?

Hard to say ... Maybe is my answer.

According to History, yes. If you look at scientific theories like Mitochondria Eve and Out-of-Africa, it stated that humans left Africa 200,000 years ago and some settled in Mesotamphia region. From here, another group went to India, Malaya, China, Japan and to America.

So, maybe Judaism is connected to Hindusm, or maybe Judaism is something Hebrews had forgotten which God have to reteach again. Cannot answer for certain.

6. Who are their spiritual masters?

Masters? Meaning?

Laws of Moses is already given and all Hebrews are to follow them accordingly. There is no Spiritual Masters, unless you count those who are interested in Kaballah, of course. Rabbis are like priests in Hindusm.

Guest guest

hey guyz,

hari bol! hope all of u doin fine. been almost a year since i was last seen here, after some arguments wit barney. now i'm back! the answers for u question is in a book called the rabbi & i. this book reveals the secrets of the torah where it mentions bout lord balaram being an expansion of God & many more similarities of those in vedas. it is shockin for me for i've read it.

but as usual it is not true for barney coz he doesn't read all these. for him the bodily designations are much more qualified for one to attain self realisation. hahaha.. vanakkam appa barney!

Guest guest

Is barney from tamilnadu....no wonder he is a Mayavadi....atleast that is what my conclusion is..

I can see Santana is from tamilnadu....just curious thats all....iam from tamilnadu also...Erode to be specific!

Haribol!

anand