IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

Hmmm ... Are we under some sort of Spell?

Rate this topic

Not sure why, but I feel as if everyone is under some sort of Spell. I explain :

1. People talk and behalf about Opening their Minds, but they do not understand that they actually had Closed their Mind due to factors like religion, beliefs, personal ideals etc.

2. People talk and boost that they are God-fearing people but in reality, they just ... hypocritics whose sole purpose seems to hide their guilt in their hearts.

3. People talk how children born with extra-ordinary sensors are gifts from God/s to Men and such but in reality, fear such children, even ridicule and abuse them. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. People talk about how great their spiritualism is and what great feats and paths they are talking but in reality, they just finding ways to cease their own guilt and make more fortune for themselves.

I feel that people are living in Duality nowadays more than what they used to be (back in 1970s). People say one thing but their hearts feel different. The speech is false and actions are half-hearted.

Frankly speaking, I'm tired of this world ... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[1.. People talk and behalf about Opening their Minds, but they do not understand that they actually had Closed their Mind due to factors like religion, beliefs, personal ideals etc.]

You are not a psycologist to assess their thoughts. Until and unless you are a mind reader.

[2..2. People talk and boost that they are God-fearing people but in reality, they just ... hypocritics whose sole purpose seems to hide their guilt in their hearts.]

A wise man would not find the bad qualities of people prefer to remain silent as he would realize that it is all work of karma.

[3...People talk how children born with extra-ordinary sensors are gifts from God/s to Men and such but in reality, fear such children, even ridicule and abuse them. ]

Yes, and can I include you in that catagory? Just reminding you of your comments against Sai Baba.

[4... People talk about how great their spiritualism is and what great feats and paths they are talking but in reality, they just finding ways to cease their own guilt and make more fortune for themselves.]

In reality those who are true spritualist do not boast of their achievments but are humble at all times.

[5.. I feel that people are living in Duality nowadays more than what they used to be (back in 1970s). People say one thing but their hearts feel different. The speech is false and actions are half-hearted.]

Sorry to say this but I feel you need help. Is this your discovery of the 21st century? The world is not made solely for saints or adharmis. It is a blended mixture of all kinds for us to learn. The lesson we learn becomes a guidence for the journey in life. It takes all kinds to form this world so either you live with that or depart from it. Do not expect God to come directly to you and tell you what you must do. You have your own freewill and you are free to make the choice. Whatever choice you make depends on your past KARMA. Think about it.

I AM IN YOU

You are not a psycologist to assess their thoughts. Until and unless you are a mind reader.

And how do you know I'm not a psychologist?

Besides, you do not need to be a psychologist or a mind reader to know what I say is true, you just need Logic.

Side Note : Those who "read" minds don't actually read them like reading a book, they pick up thoughts and emotions like a radio picking up different frequencies.

A wise man would not find the bad qualities of people prefer to remain silent as he would realize that it is all work of karma.

Karma is NOT an excuse for continue to do stupid things.

And I spoke of people who are hypocritics, who hides their guilt but show off as God-fearing people.

Yes, and can I include you in that catagory? Just reminding you of your comments against Sai Baba.

I speaks regarding kids born "different" (extra-ordinary), not speaking of myself in any particular way. I have seen many cases where such children were forced to take medicine which further alters their brain, in order to become "normal" again.

I thought Sai Baba was a fraud (that curly hair fellow in late 1980s who was proven to cheat others, right?). I hardly think such person's words have any bearing in this matter. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

In reality those who are true spritualist do not boast of their achievments but are humble at all times.

Read again ... I'm speaking of people who ARE in spiritual path and ARE boosting their own acheivement to show off. I really don't give a rat-a$$ about this so-called true spiritualist as you claim.

Who are they and where they are? Are they going around with some selfish notion of returning to God while other fellow men suffer in delusion? Is such foolish and selfish people can even considered Spiritualist in the first place?

You have your own freewill and you are free to make the choice. Whatever choice you make depends on your past KARMA. Think about it.

Nope ... whatever options you receive depends on your past karma, what choice you make now, makes your future Karma. Know Karma properly. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Do not expect God to come directly to you and tell you what you must do.

I know what I must do ... thank you very much. But I still dislike this world ... hopes it will vanish soon.

Mostly if one sees the beliefs, faiths , rituals and many more of such things are nowadays done or practised only for certain material gain. The mind has been forced to read that if " I do this then I am sure to get this in return and If I dont then there is a FEAR that I wouldnt get that ". And as result eventhough sometimes some faiths tend to appear entirely nonsense ,the people not only tend to follow but also tend to advocate such thought, as they wud have had some great (so called) material gains by havig such a thought or faith or whatsoever one calls it as , and there is a great FEAR that one would loose whatever one has gained if one diverts from that stuff.

When one is only concerned with the spiritual gain then there is no conflict with the thougts inside and the ones which show outside. Infact they become very neutral, deviod of any material gain. Then the mind thinks there is actually nothing in this world to win or loose, ther is actually nothing to gain or loose. And most importantly this kind a people are very very few in this formum (in the world) and as result i guess your thread!!!!

Rememeber all the confusion herein is genarated only because of the biased and localised openions genarated by the materialistic (or sometimes mixure of) minds.

If there is a great spiritual conquest , thirst and desire for this tiny mind, then there remains no confusion, chaos ot any kind of turbulance as one is situated in the right and purest platform.

Know that

" ONE THAT IS IN AND OUT DWELLS BUT STILL DOESNT IS THE SUPREME "

Hari Hari bol

Mostly if one sees the beliefs, faiths , rituals and many more of such things are nowadays done or practised only for certain material gain. The mind has been forced to read that if " I do this then I am sure to get this in return and If I dont then there is a FEAR that I wouldnt get that ". And as result eventhough sometimes some faiths tend to appear entirely nonsense ,the people not only tend to follow but also tend to advocate such thought, as they wud have had some great (so called) material gains by havig such a thought or faith or whatsoever one calls it as , and there is a great FEAR that one would loose whatever one has gained if one diverts from that stuff.

Yeah ... this makes sense. Make sense because many of the people I have meet behave in a dual-state. Materialistic minded inside, and behave like "clean" and "trustworthy" in the outside.

I know this lady in my office (ex-staff, quit months ago). She was married for about a year and from conversations we had, I could "see" that she is a career woman and didn't want any children yet. Both side of the family forcing her to have one and her husband is silent.

Anyway, she had been trying to get me and a few colleaques to come over to her house for weeks now but of all, I'm the only one refuse to do so. It's my habit, you see ... if I feel I don't like to go somewhere, I will not and if I feel I wished to go, I will go. I have NO mood whatsoever to go to her house.

Anyway, in final days of her work in my office, she said some cruel things to me, with a smiling face which, almost like devilish. I kept quiet .... no use of speaking harshly toward her but it still hurt.

It took me a while to figure out why she wanted me to go to her house. It was not because she wanted my company as friend, but as an alibi to her family members. If I came and praised her for her fine home and accomplishment, it will be like her showing her family members another person who agreed with her materialistic pursuit over family life.

Since that incident (which was over 3 months ago), I sat down and begin to think about people around me. Many of them seems to be wanting something from me ... my approval in their opinions, way of life, signs of their intelligences and such. It makes me sick. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

My guess is, many people in the world behave in similar way, abusing others for sake of their own pride and ego, not knowing or caring that they maybe hurting others.

It's true ... I too sometimes hurt others by my too much logical argument; arguing without taking account of emotions of others into it, but I don't expect others to agree with it.

And most importantly this kind a people are very very few in this formum (in the world) and as result i guess your thread!!!!

Sigh ... result of this thread is from me watching too many animes (Japanese Cartoons ... not sure they have those in India) which kind of reminds me of who I'm in the inside. When you watch others who are like yourself (even so they just cartoons) suffer the same way, it kind of brings out painful memories which you had locked away inside and hide it behind a smile. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is it a crime, I wonder, if I prayed for this corrupted world to vanish, in exchange for one where no one lies, no one cheats, everyone is happy and say things they meant to say.

Guest guest

"Is it a crime, I wonder, if I prayed for this corrupted world to vanish, in exchange for one where no one lies, no one cheats, everyone is happy and say things they meant to say."

I see a choice. Either pray for a different world as you describe, or unlearn with urgency this skill/habits of perceiving and judging as follows:

-no one lies

-no one cheats

-everyone is happy

-say things they meant to say

Try and avoid convincing that

You = these skills+ more skills+ more demands + more judgements + more expectations etc.

I see a choice. Either pray for a different world as you describe, or unlearn with urgency this skill/habits of perceiving and judging as follows:

-no one lies

-no one cheats

-everyone is happy

-say things they meant to say

In another word, you want me to convince myself to :

1. Be a liar in order to entertain liars. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. Be a cheater because everyone cheats.

3. Be miseable because everyone will be happy you become as miseable as they are.

4. Don't say things others won't speak because no one speaks what they meant to say.

Hmph ... I think I will pray for this world to vanish along with this liars and cheaters with it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Try and avoid convincing that

You = these skills+ more skills+ more demands + more judgements + more expectations etc.

Skills are learnt by living ... if you say unlearn them, that is equals to lie to yourself.

It is same as Westerners who shove drugs into the mouth of their children, convinced that their children is abnormal and needs medicine.

And it is same as some uneducated fools taking their childrens to see "bomohs", shamans or even a psychiatrics (same also) to convince the child that they are "sick" or possessed by something.

As for Judgement and Expectations ... I don't judge people consciously and I don't expect much from others. It is their judgement and expectations of me which is a problem here.

[And how do you know I'm not a psychologist?

Besides, you do not need to be a psychologist or a mind reader to know what I say is true, you just need Logic.]

May be may be not but even psychologist tend to err. So idf you are, then your are not an exception.

When I say "read mind" it does not mean reading like a book. It's only a figure of speech. Boy! No wonder people seem to keep a distance from you. You are too intelligent for them.

[Karma is NOT an excuse for continue to do stupid things.

And I spoke of people who are hypocritics, who hides their guilt but show off as God-fearing people.]

When KARMA is at work you don't call that stupid. If it was good action in the past life one will enjoy and do good things in this life otherwise it would be all bad action in this life which in term is stupid. Without such hypocrites you would not know the difference and so they are there for you to learn not follow.

[ I speaks regarding kids born "different" (extra-ordinary), not speaking of myself in any particular way. I have seen many cases where such children were forced to take medicine which further alters their brain, in order to become "normal" again.

I thought Sai Baba was a fraud (that curly hair fellow in late 1980s who was proven to cheat others, right?). I hardly think such person's words have any bearing in this matter.]

Now you are speaking of science. Have you seen 'EXORCIST'? See how modern science is at work. Psycatrist call it in their own terms as brain disorder. But religion term it as possessed. So, you cannot blame modern science for their disbelief in such matters. Boy! You do really have some serious problems. Picking on every thing that is not up to your intellectual quality.

There you are again. You only thought but fail to investigate. May be reading too much . news. You do not have a slightest idea of who Sai Baba is, yet you jump to conculsion from materials written by anti Baba critics.

And how do you know he was a fraud? Were you cheated by him? Did he promised you sometng and failed to render? Were you at his asram and discovered that he cheats? Try and find answers to these question first before accusing him of fraud. I know of some ISKCON speaking evil of him and trying to discredit his work. But that is thier low quality of being but what about you. Are of the same quality?

[Read again ... I'm speaking of people who ARE in spiritual path and ARE boosting their own acheivement to show off. I really don't give a rat-a$$ about this so-called true spiritualist as you claim. Who are they and where they are? Are they going around with some selfish notion of returning to God while other fellow men suffer in delusion? Is such foolish and selfish people can even considered Spiritualist in the first place?]

'EGO' THat is your worst enemy. Remove that 'I' and you will be a free spirit.

Again let me remind you. When KARMA is at work you do not call the selfish. Some have been destined to be so while others have a duty to help the needy and Sai Baba is carrying out that for the needy by provinding free medical care and free food everyday of the year. I think you are confused and misplaced in society.

[Nope ... whatever options you receive depends on your past karma, what choice you make now, makes your future Karma. Know Karma properly]

Is that so?....I rest my case.

[i know what I must do ... thank you very much. But I still dislike this world ... hopes it will vanish soon. ]

Do you realy?...That is your past action that you dislike this world. Now that is the option you received from your past KARMA. But you wis could not be fulfilled coz you do not have that OPTION.

I AM IN YOU

May be may be not but even psychologist tend to err. So idf you are, then your are not an exception.

Psychologists (as in Westerner world) attend to err because they attend to think what they know is all there is and close their mind to anything and everything unrelated to their books.

When I say "read mind" it does not mean reading like a book. It's only a figure of speech. Boy! No wonder people seem to keep a distance from you. You are too intelligent for them.

Hmph ... proper use of figure of speech is to add such note into the statement, not make others guess what you could have meant and then make "intelligent" remark about it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

When KARMA is at work you don't call that stupid. If it was good action in the past life one will enjoy and do good things in this life otherwise it would be all bad action in this life which in term is stupid. Without such hypocrites you would not know the difference and so they are there for you to learn not follow.

Problem rises when a person who suffering due to his or her karma, comes into your path, upset that you are not in same state of suffering as he/she is and starts to make things miseable to you.

In this context ... whose karma is been effected here? Mine or the person who interferes in my life with his/her misfortune.

Yeah, sure ... I can say I was due to suffer because in the past, our lives could be interwined and I could have caused him/her to suffer. Knowing such, I could do good things to others despite of the suffering others causing me but to what extend? Goodness given back in form of further suffering? Is that fair?

So, you cannot blame modern science for their disbelief in such matters. Boy! You do really have some serious problems. Picking on every thing that is not up to your intellectual quality.

If you believe in Karma, then you could believe also that there is no accidents in life. The so-called "brain disorder" which a person born with could be result of his/her past karma and such child should be nurture to bring out the best in him/her.

However, what does the Science do? Screw it up even further by shoving medicine down his throat, or some fanatic parents take the child to a priest to convince their child he is possessed.

I hardly think the movie "Exorcist" is suitable as an example. However, have you seen the movie "Gothika"? The husband to the character played by the actress (forgot the name) did an interesting thing. He poured water into a glass, gave it to her, brought her in front of a mirror and asked her to pour it onto her mirage in the mirror. The image gets disorted by the water and he said a very interesting thing.

"You are the mirror and what they (mental patients) see in you are reflection of themselves." - Gothika (the movie). I recommend you watch it.

And how do you know he was a fraud? Were you cheated by him? Did he promised you sometng and failed to render? Were you at his asram and discovered that he cheats? Try and find answers to these question first before accusing him of fraud. I know of some ISKCON speaking evil of him and trying to discredit his work. But that is thier low quality of being but what about you. Are of the same quality?

I don't know who Sai Baba is or what ISKON is ... ALL I know and care to know is God, not Man. Thank you. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

'EGO' THat is your worst enemy. Remove that 'I' and you will be a free spirit.

What is the use of being a free spirit in a world where everyone attend to drag you down and lock you away?

Do you realy?...That is your past action that you dislike this world. Now that is the option you received from your past KARMA. But you wis could not be fulfilled coz you do not have that OPTION.

Hmph ... don't talk to me about my past actions. I know where I came from and why I suffer due to MY own actions ... however, I will not suffer for sake of others so they could feel good. That is stupid.

What is the difference between a woman who abuse you verbally because you do not come to HER house and praise HER home and career with someone like a father coming home drunk and beat the . out of the child?

Are you going to say - the child's karma is to suffer, therefore, let him suffer? How much suffering considered enough to fullfil a past mistake?

Fine ... I killed people (a lot of them) in my past existence and I'm doing penance for it in this. Maybe I will be doing the same for the next few lifetimes ... I accept. But if someone comes to you and say "I'm going to punish you because it is your Karma to suffer" ... does it make sense?

The problem here is you and you alone want to be be right and win the situation. Sorry, it does not work that way.

[Yeah, sure ... I can say I was due to suffer because in the past, our lives could be interwined and I could have caused him/her to suffer. Knowing such, I could do good things to others despite of the suffering others causing me but to what extend? Goodness given back in form of further suffering? Is that fair?]

No one can give you that answer. The time frame is fixed by your birth chart. Consult a good astrologer to find a remedy.

In short you wish to know why you were sent here. What is fair and what is not? Did you ask what kind of a family you wish to be born? Did you choose the kind parents you wish to have? No, even in your next life you cannot choose the kind of parents you wish to have or the kind of body you wish to be born into. All these are predsetined as you journey into life. This is the mistry of life and that is why we are prompted to discover the creator. To discover HIM you need to dicover yourself first, only than you'd be able to know the ultimate truth. We are here to exhaust our KARMA and once it is over we will depart to take the next course.

[However, what does the Science do? Screw it up even further by shoving medicine down his throat, or some fanatic parents take the child to a priest to convince their child he is possessed.]

That is the choice one take when all avenues failed. So, do not blame the doctors for trying their method. No one forced you to seek modern medicine but ones own choice and that is the work of KARMA too. One could be cured by natural process if it was willed by your KARMA otherwise a futher suffering is in store.

[ I hardly think the movie "Exorcist" is suitable as an example. However, have you seen the movie "Gothika"? The husband to the character played by the actress (forgot the name) did an interesting thing. He poured water into a glass, gave it to her, brought her in front of a mirror and asked her to pour it onto her mirage in the mirror. The image gets disorted by the water and he said a very interesting thing.

"You are the mirror and what they (mental patients) see in you are reflection of themselves." - Gothika (the movie). I recommend you watch it.]

Yeh! I've seen that too but I suggest you see Night Syamalan's movie, which would be much more interesting.

Anyway 'EXOCIST' was an adoptstion of true story while Gothika was fiction but both were good entertanment.

[i don't know who Sai Baba is or what ISKON is ... ALL I know and care to know is God, not Man. Thank you.]

You tickle me... It's from man that we came to know GOD and it's man who would show the path to GOD. That is why I insist you discover yourself before searching for the ULIMATE TRUTH. The Rishis who gave us the scriptures were men like you and me but much more intelliget and with ESP and able to communicate with the Supreme Brahman. They had nothing else in the world to worry of except to mediate upon the Supreme Being whereas you and me have thousand and one question in our mind and worry about tomorrows meal and so on. Remember the mind is the key to everything in this world. When ones makes proper use of it if his/her KARMA is good and paradise what he/she enjoys otherwise it's hell.

[What is the use of being a free spirit in a world where everyone attend to drag you down and lock you away? ]

You worry too much and there is no smile in your face. I can visualise your facial expression. Learn to give rather and receive. The real peace comes from giving not expecting anything in return. If you behave like a shrewed businessman the end result would be devastating.

[Hmph ... don't talk to me about my past actions. I know where I came from and why I suffer due to MY own actions ... however, I will not suffer for sake of others so they could feel good. That is stupid.

What is the difference between a woman who abuse you verbally because you do not come to HER house and praise HER home and career with someone like a father coming home drunk and beat the . out of the child?

Are you going to say - the child's karma is to suffer, therefore, let him suffer? How much suffering considered enough to fullfil a past mistake?

Fine ... I killed people (a lot of them) in my past existence and I'm doing penance for it in this. Maybe I will be doing the same for the next few lifetimes ... I accept. But if someone comes to you and say "I'm going to punish you because it is your Karma to suffer" ... does it make sense? ]

I see the problem you here.. A woman is the cause of your problems. You hate the world because you were let down by a women. That poor soul is stuck in the a woman's body to cause you these problems and she seek your help but you turn her down because of your ego. Anw now you feel depressed and dejected. The only way you can get over this is seek a guru and get his help. I'm sure you will know where to go otherwise you will face more problems.

Everthing that happens is for a good cause but to us somethings might look bad that is because we feel the world world owes us a living. No it does not. It's we who make this world and it we who should put things in the right place. All problems can be solved if you use your mind the way it should be. Intelligent does not come from learning books alone but from life's experience. Some people think haveing a PHD or Masters behind their name would solve their worldly problems. Sorry it does not work that way.....

I AAM IN YOU

The problem here is you and you alone want to be be right and win the situation. Sorry, it does not work that way.

Read properly ... I said people are coming into MY life and disturbing me ... I didn't say I was trying to force my views or opinion on others. Sigh ... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

No one can give you that answer. The time frame is fixed by your birth chart. Consult a good astrologer to find a remedy.

Don't make me call you stupid. I said one thing, you reply something different and unrelated to this. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You know ... you are the kind of people who interferes into other people's life (or thread) and bring your own sickness.

That is the choice one take when all avenues failed. So, do not blame the doctors for trying their method. No one forced you to seek modern medicine but ones own choice and that is the work of KARMA too. One could be cured by natural process if it was willed by your KARMA otherwise a futher suffering is in store.

Hmph ... you never seen a psychiatric doctor before, huh? They shove some drug into a young patient, telling them whatever they see is just illusions and not real. When treatment fails, another, often stronger medicine awaits and more brutal verbal abuse, almost pushing the blame of not getting better onto the patient and this will goes on for years.

Parents will be brain-washed into thinking their kids are indeed sick and put all hopes onto the doctor who uses the kid to test out drugs and such.

After years and years of this nonsense, the kid, totally screwed, either goes to a mental hospital, commits suicides, dies, become vegetable or such and the doctor says "Oops ... the treatment failed."

Same with Priests who so eager to show off fanatic parents their faith in kicking out demons from a child. When all fails, the priest will nicely say "Your child is Satan's child, he is damned forever" and the parents will spend the rest of the child's life abusing him for something a priest said.

People talk about Karma and such but never understand that each child born, brings part of his karma in his own body. Merits comes in form of extra-ordinary skills and perspective and sins comes in form of deformations of the body.

People often talk about God yet abuse a child which born from grace of God in such ugly fashion. So sad ... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yeh! I've seen that too but I suggest you see Night Syamalan's movie, which would be much more interesting.

I have watched the Sign, 6th Sense (my favorite - for obvious reason) and The Village from N. Syamalan ... not bad for an Indian fellow who making a name for himself in Hollywood.

Anyway 'EXOCIST' was an adoptstion of true story while Gothika was fiction but both were good entertanment.

Yeah, heard of in incident back in 1970s if not mistaken. No big deal. Gothika however shows the illusions and method of finding truth from illusions. Very interesting story.

You worry too much and there is no smile in your face. I can visualise your facial expression. Learn to give rather and receive. The real peace comes from giving not expecting anything in return. If you behave like a shrewed businessman the end result would be devastating.

Hmph ... you got my face wrong. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And when you give, give, give and give, in the end, you going to have nothing to give and people going to call you useless. I hope you still be happy when that happens. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I see the problem you here.. A woman is the cause of your problems. You hate the world because you were let down by a women. That poor soul is stuck in the a woman's body to cause you these problems and she seek your help but you turn her down because of your ego. Anw now you feel depressed and dejected. The only way you can get over this is seek a guru and get his help. I'm sure you will know where to go otherwise you will face more problems.

You really don't know how to read properly, do you? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The lady is a career woman who is married. Both side of the family wants her to have children but she do not want to. So, she is gathering people (who will praise her) to "show" her family how successful and happy she is to her (and her husband's) family. UNDERSTOOD?

I'm not depressed because I didn't help anyone ... she is the one who is abusive because I have not agreed to her requests. UNDERSTAND.

And she is not the only one ... for the past 4 months, I have seen others who expects things from me and in one way or another, openly or closed manner, abuse me by words. UNDESTAND?

Read properly before making stupid remarks ... sigh, can visualize my face some more, he says. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

What is it with this phychiatrist business? If you think the child has something uniques or has a gift from the Devine, surely the child would know how to save itself for the clutches of the evil one. If there is a purpose for that gift you so mention. I think you are obssesed with this too much and I'm afraid you might end up in that phychiatrict ward one day. Please give it up..no more of this talk.

[i have watched the Sign, 6th Sense (my favorite - for obvious reason) and The Village from N. Syamalan ... not bad for an Indian fellow who making a name for himself in Hollywood.]

Why what's wrong with the Indian fellow. Do you doubt Indian intelligent? Civiliztion was born in India when Europe was in dark ages. Indians can teach many good things that the Hollywood can learn. Hollywood directors are inspired by Indian epic such as Ramayana and Mahabaratha. Many films are directed from such stories. Anway, coming back to your hatred for this womnan, surely she must had a good reason to invite you to her house. You could have helped her in her predictment. May form there you could have gained some good things. But..uh! you missed that golden opportunity.

[You really don't know how to read properly, do you? ]

Sorry, may be I'm getting too old and my eyes are blurr...forgive mme for any misquotes.

[Hmph ... you got my face wrong.

And when you give, give, give and give, in the end, you going to have nothing to give and people going to call you useless. I hope you still be happy when that happens.]

You are no different from a typical Indian. Afraid of what others would say...Is that what you think? Give, give and give and in the end nothing...How would you know that in the end you would nothing when you have not fully given till the end. Are you smarter than GOD that you know the end result. I thought you were more smarter than to think otherwise. Sorry,.. I cannot understand your behaviour. Krishna said whatever you do, do in in my name and I will protect you. So, where is your faith? No wonder, you seem to have endless problems.

Again sorry, if my remarks seem stupid to you. I feel sorry for you and hope you'd find a solution to you unending problems.

I AM IN YOU.

What is it with this phychiatrist business? If you think the child has something uniques or has a gift from the Devine, surely the child would know how to save itself for the clutches of the evil one.

Right now ... a child needs to worry about escaping from cluthes of phychiatrists and fanatic priests rather than some "evil one". I lived for over 30 years and I have YET to come across any signs of any Evil One. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think you are obssesed with this too much and I'm afraid you might end up in that phychiatrict ward one day. Please give it up..no more of this talk.

No one asked you to read, did they? I will continue to speak. You feel uncomfortable ... you always welcome to leave.

Anway, coming back to your hatred for this womnan, surely she must had a good reason to invite you to her house. You could have helped her in her predictment. May form there you could have gained some good things. But..uh! you missed that golden opportunity.

There is NOTHING good in praise people for things they are not worth praised. That is adharmic action where you promote a person to do bad things by praising them.

IF I praise the woman, it will become an excuse for her to use in not having any children, which means I will become a "weapon" to shatter her in-laws and own family's dream of seeing a grandchild.

Also, this woman takes pills to prevent conception, but what if she conceives nevertheless? What if she uses my praises as excuse thinking she will progress more if she has no children and goes to commit abortion? I will become an indirect "killer" of a child. Do I need such sins?

You are no different from a typical Indian.

ASK before making assumption. Do my name look like that of an Indian fellow's name? It's Jewish nickname. Sigh ...

Give, give and give and in the end nothing...How would you know that in the end you would nothing when you have not fully given till the end.

People will take what they want, NOT what you give. So, the end is when you give and give and you do not satisfy others. Such giving becomes useless.

Are you smarter than GOD that you know the end result. I thought you were more smarter than to think otherwise. Sorry,.. I cannot understand your behaviour. Krishna said whatever you do, do in in my name and I will protect you. So, where is your faith? No wonder, you seem to have endless problems.

Misinterpretation on your behalf. Sri Krishna didn't say "Give blindly to all in my name and I will protect you". He didn't say "Praise everyone, give materialistic things, give foolish things etc and I will protect you" either.

While I can give a lot of things to others, sharing knowledge and such, I cannot give blindly to some people and force them to be happy with me. Many times, people get upset because what they wanted is not what I gave, thus verbal abuse again.

what you did was perfect and according to the Vedic body of knowledge. Afterall the marriages are made not to gratify one's senses, if so then there is no need to marry, one can have it without getting married.(even the dogs and hogs have it) The prime purpose behind marriage is to beget children. I damn at that husband as well who just satisfies his wife lust every night without lettin her know the actual purpose behind it.

What can distrub the one who has realised that the same Visnu who protects and delivers rests in one's own heart.

Hope that brings you some peace

Hari hari bol

I wud like bring here what Srila prabhupada said in one of his lectures. He says there are basically four ways to bless 4 different types of people

1. You die soon , live not! - This is for ascetic to whom this world is very very difficult to live with. So he is sure to enter Lord's kingdom after his death cos of his ascetic living here

2. You live long, die not-- This is for the prince as he must have been / is leading a very very sinful life and god knows what kinda body he is gonna get when he dies , so better live long

3. Die NOT, Live NOT - This is for a butcher , who if lives will have to kill and will have blood stains on his hand everyday, and if dies will be damned to the dowm most hell

4. You die or Live - Thats for the vaisnawa! cos wherevere he goes he takes the Lord in his heart and by doing so he lives always in Vaikunta

So , its rather difficult to change this world (forget about killin ), infact as the lord himself says Dukhalyam Asahashwatam, this world is miserable and very very temporory. So intelligent ones should start finding ways to somehow get deliverd from it and reach his lotus lovely feet to serve eternaly.

Try for a better world then you don need to change the current. Till you are here you have to bear with whats there around. Afterall everybody reeps for what everybody sew for.

Hari hari bol

what you did was perfect and according to the Vedic body of knowledge.

Thanks ... that takes a load off my mind.

Afterall the marriages are made not to gratify one's senses, if so then there is no need to marry, one can have it without getting married.(even the dogs and hogs have it) The prime purpose behind marriage is to beget children. I damn at that husband as well who just satisfies his wife lust every night without lettin her know the actual purpose behind it.

I'm not sure you know this. I'm not her husband (thank God). She is married to someone else.

But what you said is true ... Marriage is not about having sex and self-indulgement. Personally speaking, I think it is better if a person who had no interest in marriage (and family life) not to get married just to please their family members or to have self-indulgement every night. It is better if you use that "energy" toward spiritualism instead of wasting it on self-indulgement.

Now we think about it - there's another spell which the world (and Hindus in particular) are in - the illusion that Marriage live will bring one closer to God.

I have meet a Hindu one (in my office, over 50% there are Indians, 30% Chinese, 15% Muslims and others are foreigners). This Hindu claims that in order to reach God, he MUST get married, have a children and then LEAVE the wife and the child and devotee himself to Sri Krishna.

I asked "Who will take care of them if you abandoned them?" And he answered "Sri Krishna will". I asked him back "In what Purana did Sri Krishna said He will take care your burden in Life which you choose to accept as responsibility?" and he kept quiet.

Running away from Responsiblity is not a path to God nor is self-indulging yourself every night and wonder why you are not proceeding in path of spiritualism in the morning.

1. You die soon , live not! - This is for ascetic to whom this world is very very difficult to live with. So he is sure to enter Lord's kingdom after his death cos of his ascetic living here

If you do not live, then there is no reasons for you to exist. You might as born as a tree or stone. To me, this is a cowardice way to live - by afraid of living.

2. You live long, die not-- This is for the prince as he must have been / is leading a very very sinful life and god knows what kinda body he is gonna get when he dies , so better live long

Agreed - life in self-delusion and self-attachment.

3. Die NOT, Live NOT - This is for a butcher , who if lives will have to kill and will have blood stains on his hand everyday, and if dies will be damned to the dowm most hell

Disagree ... a person's duties itself do not bring him down to hell, it is his "sin". Gita said if you perform without attachment, you will become sinless.

While we at it, do you think Yama Dharma is in hell? No, right ... despite of the fact that he takes countless lives, he is not destined to hell because he does the duty for God (Lord Shiva and Lord Brahma) without any attachments.

4. You die or Live - Thats for the vaisnawa! cos wherevere he goes he takes the Lord in his heart and by doing so he lives always in Vaikunta

I guess I could agree with this.

So , its rather difficult to change this world (forget about killin ), infact as the lord himself says Dukhalyam Asahashwatam, this world is miserable and very very temporory. So intelligent ones should start finding ways to somehow get deliverd from it and reach his lotus lovely feet to serve eternaly.

I don't remember reading anywhere that the Lord said that the world is miseable and temporary. Matter a fact, I only remember the Lord calling the World "Pool Lokam" which means, something like "Realm of Flowers" due to its softness.

Go and see the beauty of the world. There are a lot of beautiful things in the world and not just suffering alone.

Try for a better world then you don need to change the current.

Thanks for your advice but I have already decided to try and "change" this world for the better. I will beautify it in my own ways.

Guest guest

The true greatness of man is to be measured not by the amount of wealth nor by the number of bungalows which are had or by the exercise of personal influence, but by the degree of selflessness, all-embracive outlook, generosity, liberal views, cosmic benefaction, self-sacrifice, egoless, self-effacing nature, grade of perception of unity in diversity, humanitarian services, etc. A truly great man is pious, spiritually elevated, magnanimous and noble-hearted. He can never have a thought for himself and he ever prefers the welfare of humanity casting aside all petty, selfish and personal interests. He ever prays for the welfare of humanity. Where there is an open, unconstricted, expansive and large heart, there lies true greatness which you may feel impossible in today’s world.

That evil seems to give immediate happiness is the greatest temptation and the greatest obstacle to the cultivation of virtues; and it can be removed only by discrimination and experience. Contemplation over the ultimate and permanent damage done to the very soul of man by the evil actions, and the harm he is causing to the entire society itself by his evil, ought to compel a man to desist from evil action— however pleasant it might appear superficially. There is no short-cut to this really serious problem; the wicked heart will not yield easily. And therefore our ancients have exalted Satsang. Constant association with the wise and spiritually evolved persons alone can remove these wrong notions from the mind of the wicked one.

From your account of her, she was not qualified to benefit by contact with anyone, even if that one had the spiritual greatness of Lord Buddha himself. The one thing needed for spiritual progress is perseverance. She was stuffing herself with the minds of many, each of whom pointed a different path. One who wants to sink a well must go on digging in one place till one strikes water. If he digs pits in a hundred places, each not more than 5 feet deep, he will not have dug a well. That was her case. What value can be attached to her opinions/comments ?

The good man is always the spiritually-inclined, though he is in the world. He is unlike the Vyavaharic Purusha. To be good is to increase the purity and devotion unto the Lord in abundant measure. To do good is to reap good in return. If a good action is done, a sweet fruit in favour of you arises with the result that you enjoy it whether you want it or not. If a bad action is done, the consequent fruit of action liable to be enjoyed willingly or unwillingly will be bitter and against you. Whether goodness is recognized or not, do good and be good throughout life. This alone pays you well to attain Chitta Suddhi and knowledge of the Self. Only those who have no knowledge of the Self, i.e., the worldly-inclined, do not recognize good as a medium of perfection through gradual evolution. Not so is the case with the spiritual-minded, for they know fully well that to do good and to be good help them gain the goal of life, viz., God-realization.

Remember that the Lord does recognize and reward always the good people and good actions. He actually lives and moves in them. The good man actually feels the Lord’s presence in himself and around without a vestige of doubt. It is a mockery for a man to consider himself good without being able to be conscious of God’s presence in him, with him and around him. Do not question the benefit of being good and doing good when goodness is not recognized or properly rewarded, for to work alone man has the right and not to the fruits— good or bad— thereof.

Saints and sages are worthy of our adoration and prayers, because they have shown us the ways to God-realization. The apprentice, who has just entered service in any field, is expected to have an attitude of submission and receptivity to his senior who trains him on the job, although the later may be a man like himself. The same is applicable in the field of spirituality. By respecting saints and following their teachings, you grow in spirituality, you learn to love, and know God more adequately.

There should be no exclusiveness to the love of Jesus, even though other Christian saints may not be equal to him. They also could be worshipped, if you have devotion for them, as expressions of the same Divinity which manifested itself in a most intense and complete way through Jesus. All messengers of God deserve our respect and adoration. Someone may be temperamentally and emotionally closer to an individual, but it does not mean that the later should shut the others out. No single prophet or saint holds exclusively the mandate of God or the key to the heavens.

How can reason and logic be given the highest place’? The mind, intellect and reason fail when you are under the power of an intoxicant. When anesthesia is given, where is the logical mind? Does the logical mind function when you have fasted fully for a fortnight? It disappears in sleep and swoon. There are some herbs that incapacitate the mind the moment you take them. Thus, there are many occasions when the logical mind of man becomes impotent and stops its function. How can this logical mind or rational living be given the highest status? Intuition is the highest faculty and the evolution of man is complete when he develops this intuition to the greatest degree and realizes his Atman.

Yes, we are under the spell of MAYA.

What is it with this phychiatrist business? If you think the child has something uniques or has a gift from the Devine, surely the child would know how to save itself for the clutches of the evil one.

Right now ... a child needs to worry about escaping from cluthes of phychiatrists and fanatic priests rather than some "evil one". I lived for over 30 years and I have YET to come across any signs of any Evil One.

Who is this child? I am myself in this position!

Hear my story /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A time of my life I was very distressed and got even more by marihuana intoxications and I prayed to Jesus for a good summer. That I did receive and I was in bliss all month. When I returned I was searching for this light or whatever it was and was questioning about God.

I came across one of srila prahbupadas books , perfect questions perfect answers, and I remember reading it every day all the time even at night I could not stop sleeping because I found it so interesting, especially the part with other planets. I a great schoolar never thought of that possibility!! I remember looking at the stars one night counting them but I did not see how there could be other planets , I was 10 only offcourse so.

In my need to discuss this subject I talked with many friends and family members about this, as if quoting fromt he book to see what they will say even though I had no idea, no real concept. Ehm, India IS special in that way, I mean, very different from the western world (living in Norway) here they are creating material things while as I read mystics trie to gain mystic powers.

That itself is judged as crazy here, something you only find in movies and so.

My father took the book from me after I bombarded him with subject matters from it and I recall I became aggresive and blasphemed against him for doing so.

I became extatic and I actually begun desiring for bhkati yoga or living close in nature and doing worship and such. My parents emailed Krishna devotees in Denmark and asked if that was natural and they said no, a krishna devotee can be in the world with its new technological advancemtn and still do bhakti. So my parents became afraid of my mental condition, it was a time when I cried in front of my mother, I really wanted to go to nature, I wanted to read more, I wanted to learn how to chant as I was talking trips outside my house and chanting. . .

One day the police came and they committed me in a mental house , giving me pills to slow down and I became JUST AS A WEED PLANT!! I needed a lot of water because I was dry.

I am still on the medicine and now they want to give me needles. My father sent me to a psychologist in Greece as well, where he gave me NEW medicine, harder and stronger than Ive tried ever before.

Maybe this is a karmic reaction, as I was smoking drinking and such and when at that period was close to God, God was affected by this earths medicine and said: hey lets give him the same medicine right back! I doubt it

My psychologist is on medicine pills himself, my mother a psychologist too is taking different medicine tabletts, my father is living in Greece planning where on the hill above the house he will be buried so he can look down at the city after he dies /images/graemlins/confused.gif and the last thing Id wanted was God to be against me as well.

I have still not found the book. It is if as just by mentioning the word GOD, all of my souroundings started beeng against me. Kali Yoga. Makes me wonder in what mode of nature this norwegian land is. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If you do not live, then there is no reasons for you to exist. You might as born as a tree or stone. To me, this is a cowardice way to live - by afraid of living.

Thats a blessing given so that the very ascetic and difficult /celibatic leavin come to an end and a new beutiful spiritual living at the lord's kingdom wud start .

Disagree ... a person's duties itself do not bring him down to hell, it is his "sin". Gita said if you perform without attachment, you will become sinless. While we at it, do you think Yama Dharma is in hell? No, right ... despite of the fact that he takes countless lives, he is not destined to hell because he does the duty for God (Lord Shiva and Lord Brahma) without any attachments.

I guess no butcer cud be that fortunate to come in contact with Gita (except exceptional cases). so its evident he will neither be knowing anythin about soul nor the supersoul

I don't remember reading anywhere that the Lord said that the world is miseable and temporary

Here is where the Lord mentions this world is temporory and miserable

mam upetya punar janma

duhkhalayam asasvatam

napnuvanti mahatmanah

samsiddhim paramam gatah

mam--unto Me; upetya--achieving; punah--again; janma--birth; duhkhaalayam-- Place of miseries Ashashwatam - temporory

apnuvanti--attain; maha-atmanah--the great souls; samsiddhim--

perfection; paramam--ultimate; gatah--achieved.

TRANSLATION

After attaining Me, the great souls, who are yogis in devotion, never return to this temporary world, which is full of miseries, because they have attained the highest perfection.

So dont waste time and start chanting the name of Hari

hari hari bol

Thats a blessing given so that the very ascetic and difficult /celibatic leavin come to an end and a new beutiful spiritual living at the lord's kingdom wud start .

For me, this is a foolish way to live - ignoring the World and only concentrate in God's kingdom. This world is made by God and if He asks you, what beneficts you have given the world? What could you say? What answer you will give?

I guess no butcer cud be that fortunate to come in contact with Gita (except exceptional cases). so its evident he will neither be knowing anythin about soul nor the supersoul

You are very shallow in the way of the World. Your duties do not determine whether God will be please with you or not, it is how you perform your duties and approach God. Gita goes to whomever God pleases - with or without anyone's consent.

And besides, everyone who lives are "butchers" in same way - when we hurt other people's feelings, take what is not ours, say what is not true, see what shouldn't be seen and heard what you should not hear.

After attaining Me, the great souls, who are yogis in devotion, never return to this temporary world, which is full of miseries, because they have attained the highest perfection.

Good luck in obtaining your perfection, then. Mine lies in living my life properly. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

For me, this is a foolish way to live - ignoring the World and only concentrate in God's kingdom. This world is made by God and if He asks you, what beneficts you have given the world? What could you say? What answer you will give?

Athato Brahma Jijnasa- Rig veda

this means now the time has come to enquire about the absolute truth , and this enquiry naturally leads one to desire for the kingdom of peace and purity and this exists only in God's PERSONAL abode. Ya its very true that even this world is created by the Lord himself but for the revolutionaries who thought living independent of lord in a world different from one of its own is better. Now having known that thats foolishness , one should try for the Lord's kingdom again without wasting much of time in changing this world. Ofcourse during the process one can help others to reach the supreme abode together. Or I wud say is this what you mean by changing (helping) world? thats to say helping other to chant hari to get salvation? then thats welcome.

You are very shallow in the way of the World. Your duties do not determine whether God will be please with you or not, it is how you perform your duties and approach God. Gita goes to whomever God pleases - with or without anyone's consent .

Yes thats right! I consent with that!!! but normally one gets such type of birth (butcher) coz of his ill deeds , and ILL is absense of Lord.

And besides, everyone who lives are "butchers" in same way - when we hurt other people's feelings, take what is not ours, say what is not true, see what shouldn't be seen and heard what you should not hear .

Thats also right what u said. But what I meant was the real Butcher not the figurative one

Good luck in obtaining your perfection, then. Mine lies in living my life properly

Dude you asked for the referance from the gita and I showed it ! On the one hand you claim to love lord (as I saw from some of your answers on other threads) and here you try to go away from his own words. This looks a bit self contradictiry to me

Hari hari bol