IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kurma date

Rate this topic

Guest guest

does anyone who knows the bgavatam purana or any other texts that mention expicitly the kurma avatar, please tell either the astronomical data or the modern dating system to which the kurma avatatr belongs.

basically, when did the kurma avatar take place in the chronology of history?

Do you think by knowing the actual date/period when Kurma Avatar purana is written down, you will know whether the events is true or false?

People like you have no faith and pray to stone idols. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

People with faith will take stories like this and see whether it has any truth to it or not.

this being a discussion forum, a person entering this forum is entitled to enquire/query his or her doubts......if you know the answer to the queries you can very well put down the same....instead of mocking and couter questioning the relevancy of such a query.

Your ideas or thoughts might be different, that doesn't mean you are right. You can always put your belief/comments in a more pleasant way rather than ridiculing others....

Your ideas or thoughts might be different, that doesn't mean you are right. You can always put your belief/comments in a more pleasant way rather than ridiculing others....

Alright ... you right. Sorry.

I just feel annoyed whenever (not in this forum alone) someone present something new, someone says like "how old is that?" or "who wrote it down?" or "what is the history behind it?" etc.

As if this meaningless questions going to change the facts within the information given.

Guest guest

no one said that dating this would change any of the facts in the story. it certainly does not. i was only wondering because i still rather stand by the volcano theory and was wondering what a probable date for it might be.

as for the cambrian theory, i dont see how any group of peopel on this planet could have known so detailed a description of evetns that occured millions of years before the first humans were there.

secondly, you are the one who speaks of devas fighting asuras as perhaps 'divine beings in the heavans' fighting each other, causing the cambrian period's developments. and you say i worship stone idols. you believein myth as if it is some giant entity. the devas and asuras are sometimes referred to symbolically as beings to represent aspects of nature or as people in realistic history.

in this story, i believe it represents realistic history of people in the society labeled as devas vs those labeled by the society of yore as asuras.

i do worship stoen idols, only as a resource to help my own persaonltiy integrate all that i need to flourish. i undertsand what the idol resprenets symbocially not the divinity of the stone

no one said that dating this would change any of the facts in the story. it certainly does not. i was only wondering because i still rather stand by the volcano theory and was wondering what a probable date for it might be.

I didn't ask you to change sides or believe what I thought is correct.

However, if you accept your story, you must do extensive research to ensure that when others ask about it, you could be able to answer them, or they will end up ridiculing you and Kurma Avatar as fairy tale.

That does same for me as well, which is why I have did extensive research for nearly two months before posting this theory anywhere and managed to iron out about 60% at least, the links between Kurma Avatar and Actual History and Science.

as for the cambrian theory, i dont see how any group of peopel on this planet could have known so detailed a description of evetns that occured millions of years before the first humans were there.

Like I said before, humans didn't know about it. Somehow, the story of the Avatar came to ears of Man who (not knowing its significants) spoke from one generation to another.

Only now, with help of Science who studied the Natural History of the World, we can finally take the data and see whether what is told by the Ancient ones hold true or not.

secondly, you are the one who speaks of devas fighting asuras as perhaps 'divine beings in the heavans' fighting each other, causing the cambrian period's developments. and you say i worship stone idols. you believein myth as if it is some giant entity. the devas and asuras are sometimes referred to symbolically as beings to represent aspects of nature or as people in realistic history.

Sorry about me accusing you as Idol Worshipper. My anger got best of me.

Anyway, you should remember something. Idolizing dieties (who originally aspects of Nature) is done by Hindus to ease understanding of Nature by generations to come. As time passes, Hindus begin to believe that Dewas and Asuras in human-like form actually existed, rather than to think them as aspect of nature.

Back to the topic at hand, IF you believe Dewas and Asura (opposite of each other) are aspect of Nature, then could you believe that, somehow, Kurma Avatar managed to gather this two aspects of Nature in one place and used it to catalyst changes to Biological level in the Sea, which later gave rise to Cambrian Explosion?

in this story, i believe it represents realistic history of people in the society labeled as devas vs those labeled by the society of yore as asuras.

I thought so too, at first. But studying Cambrian Explosion brought newer light into the picture, plus, it did answer a lot other questions.