IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Complete abstinence from sex for 12 yrs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All,

I am 22 years old boy.I heard somewhere(in vedic literature) that if we control and abstain from sex in all possible aspects for 12 twelve years a nadi called pingala nadi's nerve will get enhanced which will make so many subtle things possible to experience.

I am interested in complete abstinence for atleast 5 continuous years and can anyone practising such things are welcome to give their tips for implementing this.

So far I have been able to control just for 15 continuous days max and then I tend to dream pollute or masturbate.

Please help me in control of this.(not thru medicine and all but purely thru thoughts and mind)

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhuapda! I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

I am not married and so i havent had sex (technically) but everybody masturbates and so do i but not regularly though. I have reduced a lot. I am writing this so if you want you can follow these steps.

My longest abstinence from everything (including masturbation) has been approximately 2.5 years, in other words, close to 28 months. I am kinda happy that i could abstain that long especially when i compare my behavior to the past. Also, it has given hope i can be strict in the future.

Anyways, i did not do anything spectacular to be strict. First, i strictly made up my mind that i will not masturbate (sex is out of the question as iam not married yet and hence not a problem at all).

Then, i decided to prevent looking at lusty things and even if i accidentally looked at it, at a mental level i trained to ignore those images. But, the only access to these kind of stuff is through the internet, movies and probably looking for girls. I prevented all of them completely,period. Hence, this helped me to prevent any unecessary thoughts.

As i was doing the prevention of thoughts, i also was chanting regulary and consistently. I dont know if you know the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. The mantra goes like this

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

I chanted the mantra everyday regularly close to an hour.

Then, all this time while iam doing all the above, i prayed God daily to protect me from unecessary incidents and give me the strength to say No and take care of me. God kept His end of the deal and i kinda broke it after 2.5 years. I did not do it again because i was frustrated and presssured. I did it out of my own will and that was a mistake. But, since then, i only masturbate very occasionally and abstain sometimes for 7 months or sometimes for 5 months or even 1 month.

But the whole thing boils down to self-control in terms of

prevention, chanting and prayers to God simultaneously at the same time and consistently. You have to train your mind daily like you go to the gym and train your body. Dont think too much into the future. Just take it by the day and dont give too much importance.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

Its nice to hear that, even in these modern times, it is possible to exercice self control. But can you please tell what the effects were after abstinance?

Guest guest

I have refrained for three years but get wet dreams approximately once every week. I didn't practice cold showers though. They say you should take one every time after you've dreamt about sex, but preferebly every time you take a shower.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeiasances unto him!

Well, what are the after affects of control?...good question...i was pretty upset i broke my 2.5yr abstinence. Once i masturbated again, i didnt feel good, in the sense that i felt normal. But during the abstinence i was happier because i chanted properly and whenever i approached God or thought about God, my mind was clear and i could vision the form of God immediately without hinderances.

So, actually, my prayers and chanting speed and conecntration power all diminished after masturbation. if you are asking heallth wise, i was absolutely fit and had no problems. Probably, twice in 2.5 years i wet myself at night. But, otherwise, iam perfectly fine.

But, i guess the reason i could stay that long was because i strongly believed in Krishna to protect me, no matter what. I told Him, dont give me any chance and please protect me.

Like i said, i broke the deal. I still believe, the only reason i could sustain that long is because, I asked Krishna sincerely and genuinely and He protected me. He has protected me many a times and this is one such incident where he protected me from bad thoughts and gave me the strength to say no or normally iam not strong.

All glories to the Supreme Personality of Godhead-Krishna!

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

by the way i forgot, i wa totally normal and did not do anything extra to change my lifestyle. No cold baths or anything, just plain normal. Just kept my chanting consistently and regularly and depended on HIM on a DAILY BASIS.

Haribol!

anand

I am not sure exactly which ones, but there are special yogic exercises that help prevent sexual or lustful feelings and help control oneself. Many people, incuding christian priests in kerela have used yoga to control their sexual desires. You might want to look into that, but I don't know which yogic postures specifically....yoga is a extremely broad subject. You will have to do some research on that or talk to a rishi or guru. Also abstinence from certain foods help reduce sexual cravings as well as look into ayurvedic herbs and medicines that eliminate sexual desires.

good luck