IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

India............who cares!!!

Rate this topic

why do you go back to the era of mahabharata??? when the situation is compeltely different from that of present......and don't exaggerate by saying 'all' kings having many wives....it is utterly false....(have you ever read mahabharata??) If talking about present, what about your former president ????? (of a civilised nation)

Yes, divorce rate are rising, but not so exhorbitantly like that in the US?

You have come to US, they accepted you, you and your family lead healthy life...

Good.

However, you miss the point here, you and your family went from India, you have that culture imbibed in you on how to respect one's family, how to keep patience in times of crisis, the importance of children and the affect their minds will have during parental crisis.

These are little things that matter most, and thats what am trying to tell, it only comes to people who have a strong cultural background.

Now step back and look at the american population and majority of their family life....you will see the difference.

It is totally untrue that we don't have unity, if that was the case we would be under our loving neighbours' rule from the very next year we got independence. Every citzens of every nations dies for his country...please don't exaggerate and advertise your sacrifice, as is the case with US in all matters.

Family problems in India is not new to the world, families in every country has it, but Indians have always dealt with it better (you must be knowing of it of your ancestors),,,,, and for your information, majority of families in india are not struggling to keep it going. The cases (in numbers) seems to be high, because we have a huge population, and not in ratio-comparison with other countries. Another reason for it is due to illiteracy. This illiteracy is not made by us, and didn't crop up suddenly after gaining independence, but because of the divide and rule policy of the britishers followed for almost 200 years. They used the caste system for their advantage and divided the people on basis of it. Since the rich were from the high castes (who mostly controlled the lands) they gave them the powers of leadership and in turn got all the wealth produced in their lands which went back to their empire. They bridged the biggest gap between the different castes and thus suppressing the poor and downtrodden further, which constitutes majority of indian population. After independence when the british left, these new leaders, already lost their morale, exploited the poor using their political power and we could not progress as fast as other countries, because progress can be made only when all sections of the society contributes. This illiteracy, povertym, and power in non-deserving hands led to corruption, superstitions, wrong means to attain and gain money, dowry etc.,

There is difference in Independence gained by India and the US. Please note that India (and african countries) was ruled by foreign nations, who have virtually destroyed wealth of every kind - money, art, literature...leaving everything in total chaos and its citizens under utter poverty. People in US never fought for independence from foreign rulers, but only waged internal civil wars. A foreign ruler, before he is toppled, make sure that he gets all he wants from the nation under his rule and his homeland is rich, while after a civil war against the home ruling government, the wealth in the nation which was in the wrong hands, but "within the nation" itself and available, can be chanelled in the right direction immediately.

I am not against the US, nor was this subject on discussion forum focussed against US, it was only pointing the various past and recent achievements Indians have made and presently making. If you could see, (if you follow the Indian development closely), in the last 15 years it has risen and its progress is faster than any of the developing nations, the employment rates have risen, percentage of women at workplace is rising, they feel more protected than ever before and have become self-reliant, more people in villages are getting education, its IT sector is booming.......

People who have left India before, still hates it for the situations they faced during their period, but that doesn't take away the present developmental progress........not all educated are migrating to developed countries...people have taken up jobs and stayed back here and results are showing....yes, all will not change overnight, but will slowly, and when we finally achieve the pinnacle of development we would have a rich background of culture and tradition to show in addition.

Guest guest

There is no where in my previous post i had said "all" men have more than 1 wives. I said men in general had many wives. I think you havent read the story of Mahabharata ? There is so many instances you see kings had many wives, eg. Arjuna, Bheema, Pandu and his brothers, I mean if you read the story you will see. Stop claiming somthing that is in writing as false!

"why do you go back to the era of mahabharata???" - This is bring out the point that western countries are only doing what we have done ages ago.

Guest guest

Jeyan008 you wrote

"People in US never fought for independence from foreign rulers, but only waged internal civil wars"

Where in the world are you living, do you know about American history. America is the only country who faught for their freedom, they had the bloodiest war for freedom against Britan.

Because America faught for their freedom thats why they have the "Eagle" as the national symbol. All other countries the Brits left because they drained everything, But USA is the only nation that destroyed them and bled them to run back to England.

Do you know why USA has a different Metric system than Brits, they changed everything, The American has miles for kilometres, metres/yards, litre/gallon, even driving is right hand side, in England they drive left hand. The US boycotted everything the Brits had. They would go down history as the only nation to teach a lesson to the Brits! Even france who hates the Brits awarded USA with the Statue of Liberty for their bravery and sacrifice to win freedom. USA won their freedom.

Later on USA had a civil war since southerners were huggin up all the wealth.

Man i dont know why you print false information, what do you think the other people in the forums are dumb and illitrate ?

You really are a pathological liar! Now iam really begining to doubt the facts you wrote about india.

"Where in the world are you living, do you know about American history. America is the only country who faught for their freedom, they had the bloodiest war for freedom against Britan."

- You are not getting my point. Every country had fought for its freedom, but it is categorised differently - Civil Wars, Revolutions, Non-Violence etc., When I said that US was never ruled by a foreign ruler, like India and african countries for almost 200 years, it is because the US was divided into a colonies of states ruled by different nations like Britian, France and several other countries....People never came to capture the country and rob its wealth, but to settle in the New World, and these settlers after having made colonies, had differences with each other and went to war.....Americans never suffered and never experienced what we had gone through, which is total destruction of ideology, culture and civilisation. I very well know history - your war of independence, the so called war of seven years, is just categorised as nothing but a civil war. Please refer to your historical records....and yes, if you want to get any truth, try for something which is told by an outsider, other than your country, because not only people from other country, but from your own country, realise your country's biggest mistakes and false propagandas once you get a different view from the outside world....

Why don't you check out some sites, like that of the BBC's, like, the column of Richard Holmes...

You are certainly trying to make big out of nothing.....i never criticised or doubted your freedom struggle, that would be foolish. I am just trying to present the situation India were on the eve of Independence, which was worse, in comparision to the other developed countries, and due to which it had hampered its development process and lead to so much of corruption and irregularities in its governance.

"There is so many instances you see kings had many wives, eg. Arjuna, Bheema, Pandu and his brothers, I mean if you read the story you will see. Stop claiming somthing that is in writing as false!"

- Arjuna and Bheema are not kings......where is it written that they are kings.....you are wasting your own time...rulers and peoples of authority have had wives in all ages, in all nations. Even women with powers have strayed...

You are a person who looks and interprets the scriptures and history with just one view point. You should try to analyse the situation as to why did that happen... - It is said the person had two wives - oh, he is a bad example - .....Please note, not every second marriage or relationship is out of lust....

"This is bring out the point that western countries are only doing what we have done ages ago."

- Why don't you guys follow the good things, that was written and practised.....if you are so much interested in copying.....

Guest guest

Yo Jeyan guy, that guy is trying to bring the point that men had many wives in india even in the past ages. Why you arguin about Kings and Mahabharata ? You seem not to want to accecpt it! Hey thats history you cant change it!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila PRabhupada!I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

All said and done, India personified by Indians can bring back the glory only if we stick to our roots of our culture. All material advancement and discoveries are insignificant in the gradn scheme of things.

SO the only way to revive India is to embrace our own culture and heritage and stop aping Western civilization. We want to become like the Americans in our lifestyle and way of speaking and everything.

We want to be hip like the Americans, the movies depict exactly that. The color and glamor of America is caught in the eye of practically every Indian. So, what is the point of glorifying an India which is basically only in name.

The India before was rich with spiritual enlightment and imple living. Today, we have all kinds of problems because we want to build cities reflecting global market. Our social and economic condition has tremendously changed due to the influence of globalization and cable netwrok (the media).

How many young students have interest in the Ramayan and Mahabharat, they are interested only in Friends and any latest sitcom. We cannot blame the younger generation, it is the fathers and the mothers to be blamed. They think speaking english is fashionable and smart over speaking their own mother tongue. This is the India we live in.

We can claim we have contributed so much for this world, but an average Indian gazes the sky and dreams of being an American. It is nice people want to get richer and sohphisticated but at the cost of their own way of living and culture....???

Today....there are many Indian students who come to study in the US and become Americans. They drink, smoke, have casual sex with girls and eat beef. The parents dont mind as long the son is in the US earning in dollars and sending some money back.

These are the Indians who are going to be fathers and mother tomorrow. The rest of the Indians can only wish they can be someone else and in that process cross the line. In other words, India has socialy depleted itself and preactically a common Indian has more knowledge about America than over his own backyard.

So, lets describe apples as apples and face the problem as it is. There is no value for tradition and culure anymore.People dont sacrifice their happiness for maintianing a bigger good. We have become selfish and calous to people's suffering.

So why hide behind a glorifying India which to me is no more. Iam sorry to be pessimistic as I come from a small town in India and have experienced the transformation in the attitude of Indians due to globalization of the economy and cable netwrking (the media).

We can only revive our glory days only if educate the younger generation the greatness of India as a spiritual headquarter of the world and how we should conduct our lives in a saintly and humble manner.

Haribol!

anand

whether i accept or not, there were people back with many wives, it cannot change, it is true.1

My point is why do you give that example, disgust it and justify your present situation of increase in divorce rate and re-marriages. The situation then and now is quite different. And when you give past examples, give the correct examples.....Hope you got the point now.

But, I don't think the situation is that bad! There are students who go for studies in US and indulge in all bad activities. Then, if you want to stray and indulge in such activities, you can, no matter which country you are. Parents are to be blamed, you are right, but there are many Indian students in USA who stay focussed on their studies and exel.

Globalization of the economy and cable netwrking (the media), as you said, cannot be blamed for this, they are there to be used for development purpose, we cannot ignore it and be left behind. The option is ours as to how we use it.

What is required is education combined with spiritual teachings, which is not biased, and a mix of good teachings from all the religions.

India has been hit by waves of different cultures over the ages, but it has withstood to its root, and this current wave will also pass. Positive thinking and action is what is required presently.

Guest guest

I am not a hindu, I was born in the US and I have never travelled abroad. Although I am desperate to learn more of the Hindu relgion I am shocked at this controversy. Every country has problems, regardless of religion and government! The US has many issues I agree, I am appalled a quite a few things this country has done and is trying to do, but at the same time I understand that I've got it made here. I am entitled to be whatever I choose to be, and that means religious rights, marriage, careers, etc. Divorce is a horrible thing, but it can also be a savior. And not every divorce wrecks a family! It is possible to raise very well adjusted children in a single parent household, I am a product. Choosing the right husband is not always easy, and you can not tell me that if more Indian women had the option and the guts to divorce that they would admit defeat and get out of the situation. The same goes for men. And please don't think that US women and men divorce on a whim, I never heard anyone say, "oh well, if it doesn't work we will just divorce." It is a very hard thing to do, when at some point you loved that person and your dream is coming to an end. Every government has their corrupt politicians, no one is any better than the other. India has wonderful ideas and is a great contributor to all of the world, I love the culture and I would like to be more like a true Hindu... but I believe that across all religions, especially hinduism that it is taught not to judge- but to love and accept. I don't see that happening in this forum.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

i appreciate your views on India and the culture of Hinduism so on and so forth. I am a hindu but i personally dont give much importance to rites and rituals in Hindusim and also i dont care me not being under the banner of hinduism or for that matter any religion ( as those are based on boldily designations)

I define religion as Sria Prabhupada said "love for God". In other words, any religion that only propogates unalloyed loving devotion for God is true religion. However, i would boldly proclaim Gaudiya Vaishanavism is the only school of thought that is comprehensive in its approach of love of God. In comprehensive, i mean, your whole way of life, how it should be 24/7 in thought, mind and action. This to me is true religion. Anything outside is just politics in the names of God.

Having said that, India once followed all this and probably today some sections of society do still follow that kind of disciplined lifestyle which again i like to insist is the cornerstone for man to achive love of God. If you dont have the discipline to control your mind, thought and action, you are no better than an animal.

So, having this as the norm of the post, if we analyse the whole world population, one can hone in on population groups in this world who fit into this lifestyle and who do not. The numbers i presume will be higher in India as opposed to the West. So, in other words, when people point that out, we might look judgemental which actually is not true. Also, we dont discriminate or hate Americans for how they live their lives. That is not correct.

Probably, due to lack of better words and limited space in this forum, some of the guests in the forum might sound anti-american which is not true. At the same time, we have to say apples as apples, so, if i know by statistics that approximately 50% of the marriages in the US end up in divorce and there is still white supremacy and discrimination and when people report it, doesnt mean people are judgemental, but just stating the facts. I say there is still discrimination in the US based on personal experience not to me but to some Amriacn black people i know. However, this is not a national trend. I am just saying it is still there...thats all.

I guess what iam trying to say is you shouldnt feel bad that people are pointing fingers at Americans because, Americans in general(on average) are more liberal in terms of eating meat, drinking and having sex in comparison to Indians and these activities are detrimental to developing devotion to God. Iam sorry to say this, but without following regulative principles it is practically impossible to train the mind, especially in this age, from not distracting to mundane worldly affairs and concentrate on devotion to God. In other wods, I will not encourage the attitude of sex and meat eating no matter who does it.

Unfortunately India is aping this liberal attitide culture of the US and forgetting its roots. This is the problem.

Haribol!

anand

All relgions teaches us love and sympathy....this being a discussion forum, when somebody deliberately, without having full knowledge, blatantly accuse and ridicule one country and its culture and tradition, while glorifying another is not that good.....every country and its culture have some positives and negatives.....

but, then these discussions are quite healthy, because people do know new things and ideas, shed some past inhibitions, think in a new light and so on ....and hey, it is human to err...and to learn from his own mistakes.....

Guest guest

>Hindu's have calculated the age of the universe which is very close to what scientists have figured out today.

>According to the story of Markandeya, Hindu's knew about the Big Bang and Supernovas before scientists found out.

>There are theories going around that the atomic theory was stolen from Hindu texts. (Which I belive because the text is older...)

>There are mentions of airplanes and atonmic bombs in Hindu texts.

>The Mahabharata might be considered the first world war.

>One of the reasons Columbus found the New World was because he wanted a route to India. (i.e. Native Americans---> Indians, West Indies.)

>Indians may have been to Costa Rica (I think it was Costa Rica... somewhere in the Western Hemi.) because the land in described in texts.

Guest guest

I forgot some... XD

>India will become a super power in 15 years. (About)

>India has the 2nd most populated counrty and has the 2nd biggest military. (Whoa... no war with China please....)

>Hinduism is one of the only religions at really includes science.

>India is the 7th largest country.

>A Hindu temple was discovered in Siberia.

>(Info from John Stewert... don't know how true this is...) Everyone in India is a born Computer Genius that has already taken your job in programming... (That's stretching it a bit much... but Indians are smart!)

India a superpower??? I dont think so. We are a nation of 1 billion people.Just numbers does not make for a strong nation.

We have to root out corruption and inefficiency,we need to be caring and not indifferent(as most Indians are),we need

sincere and patrotic politicians,we need to work hard

Today I saw a policeman who was talking animatedly with a group of auto drivers instead of doing his duty,which was to help people cross the road safely.Is this the kind of India you want?

Guest guest

First of all I should congatulate for the fact that u proposed those facts which make urself prouder to be an Indian well in right terms to be a Bhararthiya!! But the orginal facts for which one has to be proud are different . They have got nothing to do with this so called economic development where the poor remain poor and the rich become more and more richer by thier filthy and endless desire to append thier bak accounts.

For all those people who are working in america for whom a are very proud of are actually (as one can see if one lives in US) are not proud to be having origin from Bharath -The land where the supreme lord descends to deliver his devotees .eg: the director of the famous movie " The sixth sense" refused to consider himself to be an Indian, well all those for whom u re proud of are not so proud to be indians. so there is no point in mentioning thier names when u talk about the greatness about India. India is always unique and saparate from the rest of the world

May it be poverty or richness its unique. and then its all matter of time as the time wheel turns the rich become poor and the vise versa, and as u can see we were the country who enjoyed the riches for many ages and the rest of the world with all lower class men (well they exist in large number in india as well) are enjoin only for may be few centuries.

Indias richness dwells in her rich spiritual heritage and the contribution of her sons towards the spiritual science , the science which teaches how to end misery and to become ever happy. Not in those researches (like pentius chips) which brought more unemployement (sorry to use this word but its the fact) to our country . This not only made so much choas but also it brought up a kind of wave where one just forgot ones original occupation and ran behind the same thing (eg: IT). It like the world where only shudras exist now!!!!! No more brahmans to teach the vedas , no more Kshathriyas to rule the world on vedic principles and ofcourse these vaishyas they are mere asses doing business only for thier sense gratification.

And then to talk about the so called democracy , have ever wondered what actually ut has brought to us (i dunno what did BR Ambedkar have in his mind when he framed this type of baseless, higly complicated, uncontrollable constitution). The democracy for which we i mean U are porud of is just a curse to our country, if all get a chance to vote and select their leader then the society where in more than a half of population is highly ignorant and uneducated (education her means vedic) wud surely select the one of same kind. This very word democracy itself looks very bogus to me and has got nothig to do with the vedic systems and coducts on which the soceity has to ruled and guided

Remember dude Bharathavarsha will never shine on the basis of these facts. Bharath if it shines will shine by showing the real shine of its spiritual glory.

There is still a lot to write about why one shouldnt be pround about these sense gratifying people who have settled in US (My uncle teaches at the Uni Illinois of whom i am always ashamed of )

wil write to u more

till then hari hari bol

Jai Bharath mata ki

Bharathiya