Guest guest

Lust for Women

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaskar Ganesh Prasad Ji,

Om Namah Sivayya

Re

---------

Please tell me more how did Indra kill his father? Vrittya I believe is the demon.

It is not difficult to see the connection since Indra represent the highest opulent in the material realm, he is forever afraid of loosing it.such is our sorry state, mind is very fickle.

No, Indra does not merely represent the highest opulence in material realm. He is the Lord of the heavens. And He is the divine mind, which on birth thinks itself to be independent but through grace of Durga comes to know Brahman.

Rig Veda Book 6 HYMN XIII. Indra.

1. INDRA, when Soma juices flow, makes his mind pure and meet for lauds. He gains the power that brings success, for great is he.

20 That mind of Rudra, fresh and strong, moves conscious in the ancient ways, With reference whereto the wise have ordered this.

Indra is mortal till the flow of Soma juice is obstructed. He is the divine mind, who had forgotten the origin and thought himself to be independent and the doer, till Durga imparts knowledge to Him (Kena Up.).

Vrittya is the demon who obstructs/veils brahma gyan. Indra suffers on this account and Indra only kills Vrittya.

Simply because the symptom of self is consciousness therefore one can not forget to be conscious.

Who says one can forget to be conscious? I did not. But, the imagination in the consciousness that “I am this” can be forgotten profitably.

That is why I request, find “Who am I?” This is not matter of philosophy and it may be futile to debate on this. But if one is earnest then one may begin to search the power behind one’s own existence. The body-brain is inert. On death the body-brain does not proclaim I. In deep sleep, one exists blissfully without knowing and without the help of mind. Mind is not I but mind has a source within.

If you are earnest then find for yourself the location of your I. What really is your I? Where that cognition apparatus is located?

You will find that you have none.

Re

(When the mind absorbed in "I", suddenly looses the i sense, the heart knot melts.)

I see that as a surrender of will, get out close from this material world.

No sir, it is not merely a surrender of will. You have not experienced it so you possibly will not appreciate the import. Under Kumbhaka (retention of breath), one becomes breathless soon. But in Avimukta condition of Turiya and Turiyatta, one will not even know that the breath has stopped for as long as one is in samadhi.

Do you realize it a bit? I have a very small experience and I can just tell you that it is a totally free feeling with a blissful sense of being (but not limited within anything). In fact there is nothing to limit that sense of existence.

The following verse may make it a bit clear.

Maha Narayana Up.

LXXIV-1: O Rudra, thou art the binding knot of the breaths and the organs of senses functioning in the body. Enter me as the end-maker of sorrows and increase and protect me by that food which I have taken in.

But without experience one will not realize what it means to be alive without needing the support of the breath and the mind/senses.

Re

(Yes please wonder more. Find out this "I".

-------- "who sees the light?" )

You may argue this light is pure white, push is through a prism and you will find colors.

When you ask who sees one is always presupposes that there is one who see and the other that is seen.

So please tell me who is receiving the grace and who is giving?

Who needs to tranquil the mind?

Yes all colors are in pure white light.

Mind itself needs the tranquility. Mind has a source within that is tranquil. Mind has to see that tranquil Lord.

Rig Veda Book 6 HYMN XIII. Indra.

1. INDRA, when Soma juices flow, makes his mind pure and meet for lauds. He gains the power that brings success, for great is he.

20 That mind of Rudra, fresh and strong, moves conscious in the ancient ways, With reference whereto the wise have ordered this.

Re

(That is why Ekam Advaitam Sivam is the Turiyatta -- the undescribable goodness. This pure intelligence, that is ever there and ever will be, stays through all states of consciousness---the waking, dreaming and sleeping. But we think the states as real but not the underlying seer of the states.)

So who posses the pure intelligence?

Ekam Advaitam Sivam -- the indescribable. When Vedas say Neti-Neti, What do I know? Sankara, the Guru, the root of Omkara, the Mahakala, Girisanta, Girisa, Siva, Sivataraya, the eternal Turiyatta Ekam Advaitam Sivam.

Nandi – dharma disappears near him and what to say of small individual selfs? Nandi is the biggest individual self.

Namoh Namoh.

Re

(Say, by the grace of God, Ganesh Prasad Ji obtains a vision of of the all pervading, all omniscient, and all powerful Lord. Then also Ganesh Ji has to answer Who saw God? )

Wonderful, it will be my good fortune if such vision was bestowed upon me.

If I obtain the vision then it must be the one who obtained it will see, is it not?

Friend I can only ask like the sage of Kena Upanishad:

Kena Up.

I-1. Wished by whom is the mind directed to fall (on its objects)? Directed by whom does the foremost vital air move? By whom is wished this speech which the people utter? Who is the radiant being that unites the eye and the ear (with their objects)?

Who is the seer within you? Can you find and locate that apparatus? Who is seeing the God as a vision? Can you locate that seer? No, you will never be able to do it. The Lord who alone is the seer in so-called you has had the vision of God.

Re

(Is God vision the ultimate? )

Yes

No. No. No.

Kena Upanishad.

I-6. That which man does not see with the eye, that by which man sees the activities of the eye, know That alone to be Brahman, and not this (non-Brahman) which is being worshipped.

Repeat

I-6. That which man does not see with the eye, that by which man sees the activities of the eye, know That alone to be Brahman, and not this (non-Brahman) which is being worshipped.

WRT to Vishwarupa darshan of Arjuna see again what Lord told Arjuna “See what else you wish to see in me”. Please check it up.

The vision will be as per your preference and not the absolute truth. And even when the vision is due to grace, the seer is still Him. You have no apparatus of cognition of your own. That is the truth.

Kena

II-1. If you think, ‘I know Brahman rightly’, you have known but little of Brahman’s (true) nature. What you know of His form and what form you know among the gods (too is but little). Therefore Brahman is still to be inquired into by you. ---

Note: What you know of His form and what form you know among the gods (too is but little). THEREFORE BRAHMAN IS STILL TO BE INQUIRED INTO BY YOU.

Then again:

Kena

II-4. When Brahman is known as the inner Self (of cognition) in every state of consciousness, It is known in reality, because one thus attains immortality. Through one’s own Self is attained strength and through knowledge is attained immortality.

NOTE: WHEN BRAHMAN IS KNOWN AS THE INNER SELF (OF COGNITION) IN EVERY STATE OF CONSCIOUSNESS, IT IS KNOWN IN REALITY, ----

Oh yes, there is no other way. A vision as separate from one self is a vision of mind and HE is beyond mind. He is the source of the mind. A report written by me will not understand me. But I will understand it. Lord knows the mind but the mind cannot reach him. The small “i”, which simply is in your mind has to sink in its root to become purna. Till then the thirst will be there.

Finally, I believe your signature line: The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

There is no second. When there is a second, He is not known.

WHEN BRAHMAN IS KNOWN AS THE INNER SELF (OF COGNITION) IN EVERY STATE OF CONSCIOUSNESS, IT IS KNOWN IN REALITY, ----

WHAT YOU KNOW OF HIS FORM AND WHAT FORM YOU KNOW AMONG THE GODS (TOO IS BUT LITTLE). THEREFORE BRAHMAN IS STILL TO BE INQUIRED INTO BY YOU.

Oh Yes.

Om Namah Sivayya

Guest guest

Hello. Chant the names or shri krishna, in particular

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna

Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Gare Rama

Rama Rama Hare

Slowly but surely you will overcome lusty desires. Divert your mind from women. The less time you devote to god you are likely to spend fantasing about women. Eventually you will get bored. After what is a woman? Her attractive features are temporary and will waste away in time. Fall in love with God. ITs time better spent. Any mundane pleasure you get from women cannot compare to the pleasures of serving the supreme. Proof is in the pudding. Experience the higher taste by chanting. This is the only way you will defeat your mind. You obviously do not take to religious practice constantly as your mind is focused else wear. Krsne Matir Astau

Jai Ganesh

Namaskar Atanu Ji,

Om Namah Sivayya

Time to give back this thread to the original poster, although our discussion is related but i feel we should discusses this separately. i shall respond in due course of time.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

*****Time to give back this thread to the original poster*****

True. We sort of hijacked it.

Yes, chanting 'Hare Krishna Hare Rama' always and especially when lust rises, is the best and easiest way to cope with lust.

Jai Ganesh

Re

(Yes, chanting 'Hare Krishna Hare Rama' always and especially when lust rises, is the best and easiest way to cope with lust.)

Chanting the names of the lord is very powerful tool, all the anartha disappears if we keep at it, but the chanting becomes impure when the lust rises.

Jai Shree Krishna