IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hindus view of Christianity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Could anyone tell me how Hindus view Christianity and/or Christians? Please give me your honest opinion. Thank you very much for your time and answers.

Guest guest

Hello,

Well there may be different points of view... but in general...Christians are viewed as quite liberal but expansionist, imperialist, fun loving but somewhat arrogant,ultra modern yet having little knowledge about eastern religions, too materialistic, flexible and rigid both depending upon the situation, having superiority complex, quite accomodating and also condescending

Without any malice ....you asked for a genuine opinion!

Guest guest

Remember there is only one country for Hindus even then Hindus are suffering because of their tolerance and legacies of colonialization and Jihad.

There are almost 2 billion Christians in the world even then there is a constant campaign by missionaries to convert poors by tempting them with trinklets. Wonder why nobody bothers about poors of South America, Eastern Europe and African Christians. Hindus are the only people in the world who have never spread their religion even by peaceful means like Buddhists and they have no intention of doing so.

Already India has to suffer so much by tremendous destruction of its cultural heritage and the legacies of colonialization, on the top of it it has to deal with hostile neighbours. The academic mafia in the world denies to accept the real history of India and Hindus beacuse then they would have to give recognition to its contribution to the world and which means loss of feeling of false superiority. False history has been pushed down the throats of Hindus by erstwhile colonizers about their culture so that they develop a sense of self deprication and remain forever remain inferior.

More and more achaelogical and other historical evidences are coming out which have already proven beyond doubt that the histroy of India has been mutiliated to serve the purpose of forceful occupiers. Per the beief among Hindus, lies can only have so much life..sooner of later the righteous has to prevails. Satyamev Jayate. Bhagavada Gita , most respected scripture of Hindus says the Dharma prevails.... there may be temporary

The Karmas of aggressors will fructify definitely... it has to as it is the law of the mother nature....and the RIGHTEOUS shall prevail again!

Guest guest

my view on christians is that when they study the scripture with purity of intent and purpose, they are great followers of Gods way. but when the distinction between the teachings of the bible and the churches fanatical teachings starts to blur, they can be arrogant, condescending, and highly misinformed. if i could drive one truth straight home to a christians mind it would be this: jesus was THE ONLY way - in a land full of aetheists. NOT a land full of hindu's, buddhists or muslims - but specifically a land full of people who had no knowledge of God. Therefore, those statements should not be taken literally, likewise those statements saying the christian word should be spread world over. it pretty much means bring the aetheists to God. not convert half the worlds people to christianity! your targets should be those people who have no life, no future. not those who have understanding of God already, and who you wish to exploit. if you are so intent on showing God to the people world over, why not show them God through their own religion first? ask a casual hindu to read the Gita. discuss what God might be in Buddhism. then go and preach the gospel all you want - your intent should be pure. that is my message to christians.

whenyou know the views,

what would you do wit it please?

here are some more view:

xians think themselves as sinners.

they want easy way out of sin: "just believe jesus, and you are saved."

they run a laundromat of sins. do sins without any hesitation all week, and then go in church, confess, and they think they got cleaned. they like to find out others' sins. if you go in politics, the whole nation want to know your sins. they cannot imagine the extreme high degree of some hindu saints'/swamis' spiritual purity.

they have extreme difficulty understanding hinduism becaue of many gods and goddesses, and vast amount of vedic scriptures. they think these vedic scriptures are devil's work. they think devil exists as a competitor of god.

they feel uncomfortable seeing the presence of one who does not believe in jesus. they talk like "my god, your god" and fail to understand that god, being supreme is only one.

many of their holidays are just slaughter days.

at xmas the kill trees,

at thansk giving they kill turkeys,

to celebrate anything they kill cows,

in spring season they hunt and kill.

they think rabit can lay eggs.

they create imaginary characters like santa claus, lapricans, and commercialize the xmas holy day.

they think god does not have material to make human bodies, and therefore they bury dead bodies with the hope that jesus one day will make them alive.

no xian dead has risen so far, and they still think they will rise.

they think animals and plants do not have souls, only humans have, they do not have heart and intelligence to understand each living being has a soul. their concept of soul perhaps is different that that is given in gita by krishna.

they think this world was created about 2000 year ago.

they do not like to study pre-jesus history of their own country.

they fail to understand how some of their ancestors before jesus have gone to haven without jesus.

could you help xians to stop converting hindus?

Guest guest

I want to thank you for all of your views of Christianity. I really do appreciate your honest opinions.

To answer maadhav question what am I going to do with your views. I have to research how Hindus view Christianity, even though I am not allowed to use internet sources, I wanted to find out what modern Hindus believe about Christianity. I found a few books written about this subject back in the 1950-1960s but could not find any current books or articles written about this subject.

Personally, I want to gain a better understanding of Hinduism and their views. I view this as a stepping stone to learn more about Hinduism.

Also, if you know of any books or articles that have written about this, would you please tell me about those books.

Again thank you very much.

Deanna

Guest guest

Deanna,

if you want a research topic, study into this: why do christians find our religion so hard to understand? by doing so maybe you can put yourself into the hindu mindframe in regards to christian concepts. the common hindu views Christ / Bible with respect and reverence. the Christian wishes to separate and classify as 'your god, my god'. the Hindu believes we aim for the same goal. the Christian believes the Christians will be saved by acceptance, forgiveness and conversion, and that the Hindu is doomed to Hell because of wicked gnostic practice. A Christian practicing Hinduism will be overwhelmed, confused, fearful, and alarmed at the religion. they wont be able to seperate mythology, scripture, culture, history. The Hindu practicing Christianity will feel limited, disabled, cut off from open thinking, but grateful that many things are simplified and clear. The Hindu despises conversion because our religion teaches us that God is One and folloewd in many ways. For one to convert means they've missed the message in the Gita. It means they've been sucked into a narrow minded view.

there is a popular book called death of a guru - hinduism through a christians eyes. there is also a site called www.comparativereligion.com. these forms of media exploit hinduism and distort it in a way that it is not purely meant to be. the so called 'facts' here should be read by every hindu to understand what the world thinks of us, and to better educate such people on our scripture. the christian applies christian learnt church laws to the hindu religion and in that sense they will never understand concepts of Vedanta:

- hindu's dont worship idols, they worship the object of iconification. scriptures do not say idol worship is okay, its just part of culture.

- the cow is not worshipped, the cow is of agricultural importance since the dawn of time for history of india. why should a sane man cut off his source of food and resource. ask yourself if it is wise to cut down rainforests

- hindu's have many gods, but believe in only One Brahman. he is personal. he is impersonal. much like yehova has many angels, so do the gods exist. Each god is representative of Brahman's manifestations. The Genesis chapter in proper translation did state, "in the beginning, the gods created the world". this was later debated, changed, excused. there are other references to multiple godly beings in the bible.

- the hindu view of sin is not that mankind is perpetually born into it and cant be rid of it. hindus believe that sin is bred of ignorant action. ignorant action is the result of egoism, or the souls failure to realise that Brahman is his goal. you could say a person born into an ignorant environment upon a rebirth due to poor karma, will act in accordance to his ego, and display sin from the start.

- hindu's dont believe in detachment or the killing off of emotions and family / friend attachments. they believe in transcendence of material bonds. Jesus also asked his disciples leave their homes and friends.

- Hindu's dont believe 'i am God', they believe in communion with God, their soul is joined with Him, becoming part of Him. it is a mode of purification, a prayer, concentration and worship on God. Christians do this by manifestation, by singing, by praying.

- gnostic practice is open to abuse, in Jesus's time such was seen as witchcraft. those that conduct negative practices are free to, because they haven't seen, and it is up to them to find God. they will reap their result when they die. those that practice pure gnostic practice and spirituality are freed of material bonds, they overcome ego, sin, and have no need to come back to the earth in another birth. christians who heal are a product of gnostic practice. the gnostic gospels banned by the church have sayings which echo gnosticism in the east.

- the Christian is mortified by the concept of reincarnation. it might mean that a person is reborn countless times until they 'see'. but ask yourself this: does a person accepting Jesus necessarily act in obligation to his claim? a person who has truly accepted Jesus can be said by the Hindu to be in his last birth. likewise, you will undoubtedly know of those people who just do not 'get' God. those people in due time will understand. a person need not go through cycles. they only need to see. they dont need to be a brahmin. the worst theif can be 'saved', it takes only surrender, acceptance of Brahman

- karma does not mean every action is getting or taking points from you. it means at the end of your life you are judged on the basis of your action throughout your life, and therefore placed in the womb of a certain caste of person to learn your lesson, or take advantage of a better birth.

- the Christians looks at revelations, thinks of us as the wicked. our representatives are the servents of Satan preaching an ungoldy message. yogananda, vivekenanda, prabhupada. i wonder if Jesus himself sits on the alter of judgment at the end of these mens lives. do you in your right mind think he would send such pure men to Hell for not being CHristian?

there are many more misconceptions, falisties to go on speaking of. issues of satanism, sexual misconduct, etc are ridiculous garbage concocted by those who hate us. put yourself in the shoes of a hindu who knows his religion and culture, and has to listen to misconceptions from christian conversionists. they come to india thinking we live in spiritual dakrness, that we need to be saved. they pity us and think we follow wicked ways. they are blind to our understanding of religion and can never put themselves in our shoes. they will never get by the concepts and understand we have the same ideals as they do. underneath all the guise of friendship they wish only to increase their numbers, they only wish to give themselves self-confirmation that their own beliefs are true.

the HIndu who has knowledge will understand the Christian is he who practices two of the four yogas spoken of by Krishna. the Hindu who has knowledge will understand Jesus to be a Godly being. no HIndu incorportates him an incarnation of Vishnu, but they believe he is an incarnation of God. if a person wants to fight about words, they will argue about the word 'incarnation' as opposed to 'son'. it is petty. however, each incarnation had different baheviour. different incarnations, preached a different message for a different time in a different place in a different way. the Hindu who has knowledge will rever the Bible, but he will live by the Gita as it is the purest knowledge.

as a hindu i admire christians in the sense they have focus and strict rules. what i certainly dont admire is the verses of the Bible taken out of context, the pure message of Godhood taken out of context and applied to other faiths. i despise the missionaries that convert the 3rd world countries - people of little or no means and little understanding. i despise the pastors and preachers followers flock to, the ones who preach on about how other faiths are wicked and require the light. what do these people know? there is more the life, there is more the God, there is more to experience of God then one faith! take these things out of the equation however, and you have very pure worshippers limited only by a hungry warmongering ideals of the church - increase our numbers, reduce the wicked.

all the above is my own opinion and doesnt speak for the rest of us 'sinful wicked' hindu's. if you want good, proper views, read the books of yogananda, and more importantly the speeches made by vivekenanda at the . of religions. im a little biased and angry right now, so cant give you good info.

Guest guest

i meant:

"there is more to life, there is more to God, there is more to experience of God then One faith!"

peace

Guest guest

All of first, let chirstians realise the origin of christian. It is not a religion. It is a missionary. Its mission is to convert non christian to christian for bread and penny. Racisium is main cause for origin. Let them know Jesus first, to whom he was born, matter of fact, his own father "Joseph" rejected him. They call him Son of God. OK fine.Then what are we? Jesus saves you. He couldn't save himself when he was crusified. If you consider Jesus as God, why not for Hercules? he is also HALF god. It is all ..Politicians, Christians and Muslims are all same. It is a last resort for scounderls.

Guest guest

Excellent reply. As Hindus, we need to liberate the christians from these self-inflicted wounds.

Guest guest

Hello Maadhav,

Wow! I am amazed at some of the things you are saying about Christianity. I wanted to tell you that very little of what you said is true about Christian beliefs. I'm not just being defensive. I really mean that you have some false information about Christianity. Would you like to learn about what Christianity really teaches? I would be happy to discuss it with you via email if you would like to learn. send me an email if you want to discuss it: patricklansdowne@.

Peace to you.

I think that 90% of the christians are christians because thats the religion that can give them hope to go to heaven, But at the same time commit sins and do whatever they want on Earth.

Example - The can celibrate Christmas, most of them dont even go to church, the celibrate it because of exchanging presents and having family get together or parties.

But hindus we dont do it that way, We always first thing go to temple and we enjoy going to temple. Sometime we all feel like staying in the temple foreever.

I have read some part of the Bible, and there was a paragraph where Jesus narrates something like this "There was rich farmer who needed help to harvest in his fields and he went one early morning to the streets and gathered all the vagrants and beggers and others on the street, he told them he would pay them a $1 for their fulldays of work, Then the rich farmer went in the evening and gathered more people and asked them to help harvest and offerd them also $1 But they only got to work for a few hours compared to the people who was there early morning" What Jesus means here is that the gates of Heaven is open for anyone at anytime, even in the last minute you decide to accept him then you can attain heaven.

Because of many paragraphs similar to this that advocates people to turn to christanity, people do that. Because it gives the excuse to live any kind of life and at the end accept Jesus and all will be forgived.

But Hindu religion doesnt not give any of these silly excuses, Hindu religion is very logical, and scientific, you need to work hard to understands its concept. Hindus are more based on Event Driven life, That is every actions you do, you experience the concequence of it. Christians are more in a Time Driven life, Whaterver actions you do if you believe in Jesus at the end, then when the time comes you will all rise.

I am not being bias, But every christians i meet is always trying to convert someone to Christianity, But hindus dont do that they respect the privacy of others. I have met somany people knocking on our house trying to convert us, I always listen to what they have to say and at the end tell them that my religion is like my mother and father, Because you offer me a new Mother and Father, How can i abandon my mother and father. Then they leave /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best Regards,

Guest guest

{underneath all the guise of friendship they wish only to increase their numbers, they only wish to give themselves self-confirmation that their own beliefs are true.}

That's very true. They want self-confirmation of their beliefs and they feel satisfaction when they see people convert. BUT look at how many Christians have lost. I am referring to those who may be born in Christian families but don't like a Christian life, can they really be called so if they live a lifestyle which is against what Jesus said. Christians may be convering those in the East, but they are loosing their own people in the West. Alot of Christians are just so because their family is, not that they care or believe in anything. For example, look at how many engage in pre-marital sex, isn't that against their religion?

Guest guest

Christians can be arrogant etc,but as a catholic,our religioon is the true faith and every other religion is wrong!!!!

Guest guest

Arrogant, intolerant, self righetous, braggart, narrow minded, superficial, racist, inhuman, delusioned, unsound,.....

Guest guest

Catholic and other line of christians are not only arrogant, they sinful elements, excreta (faeces)eaters, particularly indian converts, they sold their own mother (Hindu religion) for daily bread and for some alms, an act of pimp, eating mother's earnings from brothels. It is cry in shame and it is condemned,let there be no forgiveness nor there should be an inch of place even in hell. I hope, soon their race(christian & muslim) will be eradicated.

Guest guest

Dear friends,

First of all lets look at the origin of christianity. The christianity starts with Jesus as we know,whereas the Hindu origin cannot be traced at all because it goes back to thousands of years back. That means the Hindu evolved much much before Christianity.

Now lets come to contemporary world. First christians told " All of you are sinners.that's why you came to this world and you can do whatever sin you want but go to church on sunday, All of your sin will be excused." That means you are abused and came to this earth as a sinner. How can this philosophy encourage you to do holy things.?

If we keep on murmuring that we are sinners can we achieve anything great in life?.

Whereas Hindu said " You are a part of divine soul and you can achieve anything that you want. Live for others. Who spread the mantra "Asatoma Sadgamaya"? Who chatted the mantra "Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavatu"?

Have you heard anywhere christians accepting the Hindu gods. They say only jesus only jesus.

Hindus proclaimed " Ekam sat Vipraahaa Bahudha vadanti" . Truth is one but people call it by different names.

Then we come to the core factor: Cocept of family. The family is a concept gifted to this world by Hindus thousand years before. Once margerette Thatcher, then the PM of UK once inaugurating a function held by Hindu's in UK asked" Please teach our people what is a secret and sweetness of family life". Christians beleived in nuclear families and today the Christians are suffering from this philosophy. Pre -marital sex, pregnanacy , crime etc have become routine. No need to ask about divorce . Now they get fed up by this by the age 35-40 and look for peace. then they remember Hindu's , our values, our family life, Dhyana, Yoga and Ayurveda . is it not the horrible defeat of their philosophy?

If you ask any christian why he is coming to India he will answer "for peace". The point to be noted here is that if they dont have the peace in their religion why they claim that "only pray jesus for peace"

Then come to the concept of " Rebirth" . With emperical evidence Hindu's have proved thousand of year's before itself that the man gets rebirth according to the deeds he committs in his present stint. But Christians claimed it as a hoax and told" Do whatever you want in this Janma as you have only one birth"

Now even modern doctors, philosophers and everyone is pro - rebirth and to prove this we have ample evidences.

Considering that they are getting defeated in all the fields as mentioned above Christians now came up with a mission " To enhance their population by any means".

They have hell lot of funds supplied throughout the world to do this. To do this they are there in Gujarat after earthquake, are there in Tamilnadu after Sunami routed out all the households.

I would like to narrate one incident" I had a colleague called Soumya. She was a orthodox Hindu. All of a sudden one day she converted her name to Annie Sowmya. We asked what is this.she tried to hide the fact that some missionaries have assured them the money on a condition that she should get converted to christianity and also that she should work for a Christian funding organisation. She quit the present job and joined Christian funding organisation in very few days!!.

But remember whatever Christians do by hooks or crooks, Hindu religion is like a sun . It is forever because it is standing on values which are formed out of deep experimentation, thought and beleifs.

If conversion goes to its extreme then christisns have to remember the word quoted by Krishna in Bhagavdgeeta

" Sambhavaami Yuge Yuge"

Guest guest

This is just my observation so far:

It appears that Jesus is for Sale/Marketing.

Convert and you get some money and benefits.

It appears that there is Political agenda also hidden in this.

In extreme capitalisitic societies, everything is thought of in terms of business. And you know what modern business is about.

It all appears like Marketing wares, he product thet sell is called "Belief in Jesus".

God is not for Sale. He has to be realised. Once he is realised, he will behave alteast to some degreee like God himself (as what is thought of as Godly qualities)

Guest guest

We do not burn our brides and we do not have dowrys that can't be paid. It broke my heart to read about the scriptures of the Vedas and how brides are burn, cut-up, boiled and eaten. How awful!

Guest guest

{It broke my heart to read about the scriptures of the Vedas and how brides are burn, cut-up, boiled and eaten.}

Listen up fool, that's not in the Vedas. You obviously haven't read them. The Vedas consist of Mantras not instructions on burning wives.

It's funny you should say that about burning of women because the Christians are well known to have killed or persecuted anyone who wasn't Christian throughout history. A sort of religious fascism is what they are, to think they are better than everyone else and they have the right under God to kill. Christians used to burn women who they said were witches, even though there was no way of proving it and what gave them to right to murder people anyway?

Guest guest

"Christians used to burn women who they said were witches, even though there was no way of proving it and what gave them to right to murder people anyway?"

This is true, that when not only women but men too who behaved out of the christians rules, were burnt. They thought that these people were witches and demons. But in reality there were the mentally ill. Back then there is no psychaitrist so the church decides to burn them thinking they are possessed or demons.

even back in the Galilleo, Coppernicus era Astronomers was very scared to do their job, Because back then the christians believed every planets, sun orbits the earth. Anyone who is against it is also killed. Then later there is no way to deny it so they are kind of ommiting that part in their bible.

But in hinduism everything thats been discovered nowerdays about our universe is allready there.

Guest guest

you dont burn brides, you exchange them among friends, divorce, marry friend's wife or having sexual relationships with mother in laws are common in christian culture. Highly characterless bastards.

Guest guest

But all the burning of witches and raping of other's wifes has got nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

But neither has the eating of meat (thou shallt not kill) as Prabhupada says. So most christians are not considered to be real christians.

But Prabhupada and followers consider Jesus as their Guru!

Guest guest

But Prabhupada and followers consider Jesus as their Guru!

In what bloody sense? Please explain.......