IndiaDivine.org

what's vedic stand on extraterrestrial life?

Rate this topic

M_A_R_A

Guest guest

Thank you, M_A_R_A! This is what I was asking about...since there are so many possible other planet/world references in the Puranic texts.

For example, from MAHABHARATA:

*...they again took to their city and employing their...wizardry flew up to the sky, city and all...their celestial, divinely effulgent, airborne city, which could move about at will. Now it would go underground, then hover high in the sky, go diagonally with speed, or submerge in the ocean. [3(35)170.20-25]

* I have a secret knowledge...if you employ it, the entire universe will become visible to you. [3(31)38.9]

* On this sun-like, divine, wonder-working chariot [Arjuna] flew joyously upward, while becoming invisible to the mortals who walked on earth, he saw wondrous airborne chariots by the thousands. [3(32)43]

Guest guest

Here's another excellent example:

In the VAYU PURANA there is a description of the DEVAS.

It states that the Devas “have no fixed abode and they roam about in the atmosphere…All these Devas move about in aerial chariots and reside in the constellations and the planets also.”  [39.29-31]

I am sadly disappointed that no one is answering this question on ETs and the Vedas. I suppose this means that no one has the answer.

I would have thought that the slew of recent articles on India Daily, concerning the ETs contacting the Indian government and the multiple sightings in Ladakh, would indicate an open-ness in India to the presence of the ETs which has not yet emerged in the USA.

Example:

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/1801.asp

Guest guest

i cant remember where or what exactly, but it says somewhere exactly how many forms of life there are in the universe. if i can find this quote i will post it but im sure other people know if it already?

Guest guest

Thank you for confirming that the Vedic/Puranic texts suggest the existence of many other lifeforms, worlds, and universes!

We are not alone...

/images/graemlins/blush.gif)