IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is this really Kali Yuga? Or is it Dwapara Yuga?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"NEWDELHI,FEBRUARY 15; For those of us who grew up believing that we are in Kali yuga, this could be a revelation. An eminent scientist has refuted all claims of this era being Kali yuga and according to him, for the past three centuries we have been living in the second phase of Dwapara yuga. While Mahabharata took place in the first phase of Dwapara (3100 bce to 700 bce), the 2nd phase of Dwapara has been credited for rampant industrial revolution. In this era man will be able to discover five types of electricity corresponding to the five nerve senses of human being. "Man transgressed the boundaries in almost all fields of knowledge. He could capture the deep oceans and high skies, could control the vagaries of nature including birth and death cycles, cloning, etc. Could all this be possible in Kali yuga where human intellect degenerates?" Dr. (Professor) A. S. Arya questions. His calculations are based on celestial phenomenon of fixed stars and he justifies that man has crossed three centuries of Dwapara and not Kali yuga. Further more the achievements of Dwapara yuga which started around 1700 ce, the discovery of magnetic forces, presence of electricity in material substances and invention of telescope, microscope, steam engine has been attributed to Dwapara and not Kali yuga. The four yugas, according to Hindu almanacs are Satya, Treta, Dwapara and Kali yuga and the present Dwapara is in the ascending order of yuga cycle which began in 1700 ce. The first phase, in its descending order started in 3100 bce after Treta (Lord Rama's era) and ended in 700 bce marking the beginning of Kali yuga. Dr. Arya believes that the period around 500 ce, when the Sun was at the farthest point (Vishnunabhi), was the darkest period (ghor Kali yuga) in the whole cycle of 24,000 years. By logical deductions, he says, history did record ignorance and sufferings in the entire world during the time. "By the end of ascending Kali yuga of 1100 years by 1600 ce, men did not discover fine matter or electricities. It was in the transitional sandhi of Kali yuga of 100 years (1600-1700 ce) that man began to notice the existence of fine matters and established political peace," said Arya who has retired as a professor of statistics from Hissar university. After referring to books on astronomy, Prof Arya calculated, that in 1894 ce the Vernal Equinox was 20 degree 54' 36" distant from the nearest point (the fixed star rewati) establishing that 1,394 years had passed since the Vernal equinox was 13,394 years away from the nearest point. By deducting 13,200 years (12,000 of half circle and 1,200 of ascending Kali yuga) from 13,394, it has been established that man was in the 194th year of Dwapara in 1894 ce and the 305th year in 2005 ce. Interestingly, Prof Arya claims that the mistake crept into the Hindu almanacs in about 7000 bce during the reign of Raja Parikshit, just after Dwapara yuga ended. "Maharaja Yudhishtara, noticed the appearance of Kali yuga and retired to the Himalayas with all his wise men. Thus, there was no one in the court who could correctly calculate and dare to introduce the 1st year of Kali yuga after the completion of 2,400 years of outgoing Dwapara. Thus, the 1st year of descending Kali yuga was inadvertently counted as 2401st, which by the end of this yuga became 3,600 instead of the correct figure of 1,200," Prof Arya mentioned. "The professional should therefore use the present date as Dwapara 305 (2005 ce) as it is associated logically with the celestial phenomenon of the fixed stars," exhorts Arya. "

His claims make sense to me, though that would be depressing a bit. To think that the idyllic life described in the Mahabharata and other texts is far from what we have right now. Most people these days are materialists, looking to gain an advantage over the other person, not in communion with God. Then again, yoga has become very popular, and I see it being practiced by many different people, which in and of itself is a spiritual exercise.

There's a scientist who claims that immortality may just be around the corner, with nanobots in the blood repairing bones, muscles, etc.

That however, doesn't seem very spiritual to me. Everyone dies, sooner or later, whether by natural disaster or otherwise. Also, life is certainly not being prolonged through spiritual means like it's said to have been prolonged in the Vedic texts. It's true that immortality may be possible through technological means, but I see no cause for celebration in that. I think that immortality is the goal through the wrong means, since it's all technologically based, and not spiritually based. However, the scientist does suggest that society would have to become more spiritual as a result.

Or at the very least change their way of living.

Anyway the article about the scientist and his belief that immortality is a feasible reality is at http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/diet.fitness/02/15/one.mans.immortality.ap/index.html.

So what are other people's thoughts on this?

Guest guest

Personally, I just don't see how this isn't kali yuga. It doesn't seem like mankind is getting more spiritual, people are still looking to blow each other up. What we do have here is an increase in technology, and nothing more. Perhaps what the rishis meant by intelligence included spiritual intelligence, which there is not much of these days. We have become too materialistic, can't see the forest for the trees, and we continue to proclaim that we are the smartest civilization yet. However, how long has modern civilization lasted? How long do we even think it'll last? The answer to both questions in my opinion is: Not long, the way we are headed.

Such statements as above, stating this is not Kaliyuga is self-denial and out of fear.

No time in History of Man (for the past 1.3 Million years), have we ever lived in fear and in state of corruption of the mind and spirit as we do today.

We live in fear of one idiot throwing nukes at the other, thus starting a Nuclear War.

We live in fear that economy will be so bad, that we will be begging in our own countries.

Society is state of corruption as Sudras (unfit to be in ruling class) given duties and responsibilities such as Policemen, Soldiers and such, thus bring forth corruption. Anyone voice out this matter will be called rascist and caste status lover.

And, the ultimate proof that this is Kaliyuga (at least to me) is evidence of people (some who used to be Hindus themselves) willing to modify the Vedas to confuse Hindus. Ex-Hindus who knows that there is no graver sin than that of modifying the Vedas do so because of influence of some unknown religion and their promise of Heaven with 72 prostitute as payment.

Guest guest

From what I could see happening all around me and all around the world its definitely kali yuga...Sex(ex. priest molesting little boys..rape)..murder(children killing children)...war..Don't you see everything everyday is getting worse despite what others claim. I see it and I feel it ..Time is comming to an end.

From what I could see happening all around me and all around the world its definitely kali yuga...Sex(ex. priest molesting little boys..rape)..murder(children killing children)...war..Don't you see everything everyday is getting worse despite what others claim. I see it and I feel it ..Time is comming to an end.

What are you so worried about?

"The End" is fearful only to those who do not know the full facts. In Terms of Beginning and End, we are at the End only so a New Beginning could be reestablished. Science stated clearly that there had been at least SIX Global Extinction and 23 smaller ones since Cambrian Explosion. :eek3:

BTW ... I believe that the Six Major Extinctions World faced before corresponds to SIX Avatars of Vishnu (not including Sri Rama and Sri Krishna of course) and currently working on an agreeable hypothesis.

But if you wish to read about it, read this :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/darwin/exfiles/massintro.htm

So, not to worry ... we already been there and done it before. Only thing is, will Humanity exist after the Seventh Extinction OR will we become something new altogether? :D

We are in kali yuga, but there is a golden age within the kali yuga which would last for 10 000 yrs before kali yuga completely take over ( at least that is what his holiness Srila Prabhupadha's followers believe in, correct me if im wrong).

This could be the so called 2nd phase of Dwarpa. There is some 10000yrs to go,people might change a lot and almost everyone would become righteous. Lets wait and see.

by Yegan

We are in kali yuga, but there is a golden age within the kali yuga which would last for 10 000 yrs before kali yuga completely take over ( at least that is what his holiness Srila Prabhupadha's followers believe in, correct me if im wrong).

Text 59

kaler dasha-sahasrani

madbhaktah santi bhu-tale

ekavarna bhavishyanti

madbhakteshu gateshu ca

Translation

For 10,000 years of kali such devotees of mine will fill the whole planet. After the departure of My devotees there will only be one varna [outcaste].

If above statement is true (no offense attended), things not going to be easy for another 5,000 years? :eek3:

I'm not worried end..or no end that doesn't effect my devotion for krsna...I was just explaining that this is kali yuga because life is getting very difficult and dangerous.

Yeah ... and it will get worse and worse as long as there is no unity among Hindus, Buddhist and other beliefs who are against Islam.

Don't worry about Christianity ... it's dying anyway. :rolleyes:

Guest guest

Read a Book 'Holy Science' By Sri Yukteshwar Ji Giri - Gurudev of Shr Paramhansa Yogananda (Founder of YSS and SRF)

Read a Book 'Holy Science' By Sri Yukteshwar Ji Giri - Gurudev of Shr Paramhansa Yogananda (Founder of YSS and SRF)

Don't hide in books. Cowards does that all the time. :wacko:

SEE the World and its state today and you will see Kali yugam.