IndiaDivine.org

Skin Colour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you read old south Indian (Tamil)Literatures , while describing the hero or heroines some times they are presented as dark skinned. some times as light skinned. So our society should be same race with mixed skin colour. These literatures are written before Islamic invasion. Even Babur describes Indians as dark skinned . Remember he was in north India. May be most of the Indians whom Babur met were dark colour. BUt now we have more fair skinned people in north than south. So I feel that during islamic, european invasion north india suffered more than south. Also Norhterners completely failed against invaders. During such invasions north indian males were killed in large numbers. The women suffered lot like rape, kidnap. Because of non existence of medical facilities in those days, these molested women should have become pregnant and gave birth to white babies (Afghans, Turks , europeans are white skinned). The invading armies would have left the girls (or sometimes took them away) after enjoying them. The mother knows that the baby was illegal. BUt it grew with the her legal children.This should have happened from 712 AD to 17 th century. This is a cruelty that happened to our Hindu women for more than 1000 years. Such incidents were reported during partition riots. This is difficult thing to digest or accept. Even sometimes south Indian women faced this problem. Battle of tallikota (1565 AD), Destruction of Srirangam temple, Madurai Meenakshi Temple.It is the invasion that changed our colour.

I am saying this tears in my eyes. It is not meant for hurting North Indians.

Namasthe guestji,

Remember the color is only skin deep, it doesnot matter, past we cannot change, let us be in the present.

Let us be good, that is what really matters, n we shd protect n follow our faith properly.

don't cry for what has already happened, let us do what can be done now, let us not listen to those who trouble us.

hope this meets in joy,

Namasthe,

Janaki.

^I agree. We can't change the past, so I say we embrace the fact that Indians are such a diverse group, and that we come in so many beautiful and exciting shades of skin color. It should not separate us apart. While a lot of people don't really care about Vedic caste anymore, I see even second-generation Indians still arguing over geographical caste (Punjabi, Gujurati, etc, and which group is the "best," or has the best skin color. It's pretty pathetic. Sometimes, I wonder if Indians ever will unite with each other, and forget about all this rubbish.

a true hindu is skin color blind.

race or skin color means nothing in hinduism.

krishna says one should fight with adharmis and kill them if so necessary. hindus in india have suffred for centuries from invader asuras. the need is not to cry but to be ready to fight adharma and adharias in india.

in the north india, the rajputs and sikhs fouht with the barbarian invader muslim for centuries. the aravalli mountain range acted as a natural barrier difficult to cross for the invaders. for this reason hindu infrastructure is better preserved in the south than in north.

all the vedic people were not of black skin but were in every skin color. south climate is hot and it makes skin black, in north it is cold, and skin remains fair.

the need is not to cry but to get angry at the adarmi ideoligies, and get them out of bharat.

" south climate is hot and it makes skin black, in north it is cold, and skin remains fair."

madhav...its not that simple...its true that the environment influences skin tone...but the skin color you are born with comes from genes passed on to you by your parents...the environment simply changes this birth tone to a slightly darker or lighter tone.