IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

Message of Hindu Scriptures for Mankind

Rate this topic

During their spiritual quest, the ancient rishis experienced sparks of divinity in all things and beings of the world. The vision of the Hindu scriptures is thus a vision of the unity of all existence, summarized as follows:

1. There are many ways of conceiving the Supreme Reality (Brahman) and numerous ways of approaching It. To insist that one's own way is the only way is thus wrong and harmful.

2. God is the source of goodness and truth. Man's goal in life is to seek union with Him. This union can be sought in many ways, all requiring sincerity of purpose, self-sacrifice and discipline.

3. The highest religious experience is the one in which an individual transcends the intellect and realizes God immediately.

4. The concept of "survival-of-the-fittest" is God's law for the animals. Harmlessness to all creatures is His law for humans.

5. There is natural order (rita) inherent in the natural world. There must be moral order (dharma) inherent in human life. Everyone must be responsible for his (or her) actions and their conse-quences (karma). We cannot blame God for our ills.

6. Individual responsibility and one's ethics are a foundation for individual happiness and social stability.

7. The universe is a wheel of sacrifice (yajña). At the beginning the Supreme Lord performed self-sacrifice to create the universe and set the wheel in motion. The water sacrifices to form clouds, the clouds sacrifice to make rains, the rains sacrifice to grow food, and the food sacrifices to feed humans. In turn, humans must sacrifice for the welfare of the Mother Earth and all its creatures.

There is no intrinsic evil in Nature nor any evil force in the world to oppose God. Man commits evil only due to ignorance (mãyã).

9. Love, freedom and peace are fruits of the tree of divine consciousness, which can be planted by worshipping God regularly and systematically through yoga, meditation, study of scriptures, by performing religious rites and ceremonies-as enjoined by scriptures-and selfless work.

I bow down humbly before these points. I find them appealing, and enlightening, as a neophyte and a wandering youth of nineteen years of age.

I commend you for your bravery in sharing this in such volatile forums. I understand you have recieved much undue criticism from others, and for this I apologize on their behalf.

What you have stated above is beautiful in every way, and has made my evening complete. For this I am in your debt.

Brother, please continue posting, and pay no mind to the nay-sayers. Your message reaches the ears of those who wish to hear it the most, and these people silently show gratitude.

Guest guest

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif<font color="brown">BARNEYJI,</font color>

<font color="blue">

You make the network divine.

I respect and obey you. Fine !

I drink elixir from your post.

Some people twist, they are ghost.

Selfish people seek the logic.

They like mostly profitable magic.

You create stream of fragrance.

They would like maya and romance.

You give us divine nectar.