IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

is video game simulation violence...

Rate this topic

priya saketram, see my response below.

<< So does your point say i shldnt do all this things. >>

no, if you do it in certain way.

<< I assume you must be a software professional some times when we are immersed in coding nothing crosses our mind does that mean we forget krishna . >>

no, if we come back to krishna, and use our earning for krishna to some extent. if your obsession in coding is more than in krishna, then you did forget krishna.

let me cite a real example.

once sahajanand swami was passing thu a neighborhood in surat with is associated disciples. from the house of a rich and famous prostitue they heard the sound of vina or sitar playing. one of the disciple - expert in music - got his heart captivated by the music. he said to sahajanda swami, "oh, what an excellent music!" sahajananda asked him if it is more sweeter than god. he indicated to the disciple that he forgot god for a moment.

thus, a right reaction to appreciation of something is: "oh, krishna has given such a nice art to this person, how much more lovey krishna's own art would be?"

similalry, when you always think that krishna is giving you the skills to develop a software code or some other skill or knowledge, then you are not forgetting him. the moment you think you did it, you forgot krishna. also you need to see if your product will be used for krishna or against krishna. if against krishna or his devotees, then you may not choose to develop such a code. this is hard for many.

once a drug dealer donated large sum to prabhupad and he accepted it. in this care, I belive the dealer was getting out of the sinful business.

once iskcon refused to accept donation from a resturant owner who was serving meat. in this case, the doner wanted recognisation for him and his business.

hope it helps.

going against dharma? Since it is not real...

There's a lot of games on the market and some of them ain't really violent.

The most violent ones usually the 1st person shooters, which I personally recommended banned from the market since studies had shown that youngsters who play it couldn't differentiate between game reality and reality, and end up commiting real life violence like the high school shootings in USA recently.

"The Mind makes it Real" - Mopheus in Matrix.

But there are other game genre like Strategy and Tactical Games which is good for Kyastrias to sharpened their combat skills (guilt! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ).

Also, there are non-violence games like Sim series and racing series (while some may argue that racing in such way will bring the beast in drivers).

And Game industry is a good, productive industry especially in a Computer and Technology-based country like India.

Not all games are violent or promote violence (especially from Japan) but some of their elements, you do need to adjust yourself to.

Most games from Japan nowadays have Buddhism values in it, even so the earlier games had Christian values. So you don't have to worry about your youngsters getting wrong values from games.

Also, Japanese views fighters in games to have similar beliefs to those of Kyastrias in Indian Puranas. Japanese loves their Samurai culture. So again, you may find one or two cultures you are familiar with.

Some games you can download from the Internet (like Final Fantasy 1 to 6) and play yourself. Try it and then judge for yourselves.