IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Vishnu Sahasranama

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Some of the madhvas say that women should not chant Vishnu Sahasranama. There are some madhvas who say that women can chant. I am a madhva brahmin girl. I have been chanting vishnusahasranama for nearly two years. The reasons they give is really stupid like vishnu sahasranama is eqivalent to vedas and hence shouldnt be chanted. I am disturbed by this. I cannot think of giving it up. They also give reasons like, vishnu sahasranama should be recited by the stomach ( the vibrations shd come from the stomach) and women shdn't chant becuase it may cause harm to thier reproductive system and while giving birth to the baby. I have a friend of mine who says that his guru said so. It is really very very weird.

I find it stupid cause, I am praying lord vishnu by reciting the sahasranama, since he is inside my body also, and am praying him why will my health spoil or affect any organ. He is not soo bad to spoil my health.

My family men and also some of the scholars said that we can recite, hence I started reciting. Vishnu Sahasranama is my life and without reciting it I cannot live.

Guest guest

Since I am reciting for nearly 2 years. I dont find any deterioration in my health nor my reproductive system. I have perfectly normal periods like everyone. Infact rectitng vishnusahasranama has improved my physical and mental health.

Guest guest

chanting VS under any circumstances. Stop listening to people who ask you not to chant. they are wrong. Anyone can chant it.

Guest guest

you can and must chant the lord's names...

we are in kali yuga.. everyone's sudra.. mleccha... yavana

no one is better than you... you are the best of all because you have the strong desire to chant the lord's names

you are the true brahmin..

There is nothing more pure than Vishnu Sahasranaam for anything in this Kali Yuga....Do never stop reciting it any time ... I am pleased with the firmness of your mind...Well nothing surprising...The one reciting Vishnu Sahasranaam is bestowed FRirmness Of Mind...Keep It Up...Go Go Go !!!