IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gita1234

What is Lord Krishna's view on dating?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

{My role model is Lord ram,none else.}

Just a questions on advaitists, but isn't the role model for advaiti's Adi Shankaracharya? I thought Advaistist believe just in Nirguna Brahman and nothing else. All the gods are just manifestations of Brahman right?

I think lord Rama is for those following dvaita as Ramayana is dualistic.

By the way what do you know about the smarta sect? Isn't this the sect Adi Shamkaracharya followed or was he Shaivite?

Guest guest

Lord Ram is Suguna Bhramman. When Nirguna Bhramman starts functioning he becomes Suguna bhramman.Adi Shankaracharya too is an avathar of Lord Shiva.The only avathar of shiva.Lord Shiva was curious to know what pleasure lies in worshiping him.So he took an avathar for that.

Earlier there were only smarthas.All bhramins were smarthas.Ramanuja came and established his religion and a portion of bhramins went after him.They were called aiyangars.Then Mathvacharya established his dwaitha and those who went after him were called rao's.

Even now many mistake smarthas to be shaivites.Even smarthas have such misconception.Reason is simple.In smarthas many preferred vishnu and many prefered shiva.Those who loved vishnu, went away with ramanuja and madhva.Among those stayed, shaivites were majority.So people get this misconception.

There are many advaithic vaishnavites in smarthas.They will worship ganesh and shiva just very briefly.many think that adi shankara was shaivite.Reason too is simple.Because he wears ash in his forehead he is considered as shaivite.

Earlier everybody wore only holy ash in their forehead.Ramanuja came and created thirumann and those who followed him started wearing it.Shankaracharyas followed the age old vedic tradition of wearing ash.Even ram and Krishna wore only holy ash when they were avathars.Thirumann is an origin of ramanujas period.

Nothing wrong in being a shaivite or vaishnavite.Both are religions created by jagathguru adhi shankara.He created 6 religions.

I don't usually butt in on other people's business, but I just wish to say something.

The problem is my boyfriend now friend thinks im selfish adn that i don't care about him. We dated for a year and I've been telling him i want to be krsna conscious. He is the one who gave me a better version of the gita by the swami and told me to read it and be a better person.

Please tell your boyfriend he should read the Gita first before giving it to another.

And 1 year is not sufficient enough to know someone, enough to venture into sexual relation. I knew a guy who waited for one girl 8 years (one side love) and despite of the girl not accepting him in the end, he had no regrets of his love.

I told him I don't want any physical contact and he says he doesn't see how that makes sense because we already hugged and he wants to take our relationship to the next level, a sexual level. He said he doesn't want to force me to do anything I don't want to do. I told him no. He tells me if I want to be with him, love him, care for him, marry him I should just do it and risk it even though its not guaranteed that we will get married.He says I have doubts and that's why I won't do it.

I know cases of boys who have doubts in themselves, especially when the girl is prettier and they view themselves lack of ability to compete with other males for the girl's attention.

In another word, your BF maybe scared you will run off on him, so he uses sexuality as a way to "mentally" tying a knot, so you will not go off to another person easily.

Suggestion :

1. Ask your friend to enter into physical sports etc where his body can be strenghtened and he wouldn't think so much about sex all the time.

2. Concentrate in your study. Sex and Marriage can wait, at least till both graduate.

3. Being Krishna Consciousness is between you and God, no man have right to come between you and Him. Matter a fact, if you choose to devote you life for Krishna alone, then he has no authority to stop you as well.

Guest guest

I asked this Hindu priest at the temple about dating, and he just told me that the "no dating" thing is just a cultural concept. He said that there is no specific mention against it in the scriptures?

Anyways, I think it's all about personal choice in today's society. I know a lot of Hindu families that do allow dating (as well as a lot who don't. It all depends on the individual family), as long as the couple knows their limits and doesn't do anything stupid.