"I have traveled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen

one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this

country, such high moral values, people of such caliber,that I do not think we

would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this

nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose

that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if

the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than

their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and

they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation”.

-Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2,1835, British Parliament

<< Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2,1835, British Parliament

"I have traveled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such caliber,that I do not think we

would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation”.

-Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2,1835, British Parliament >>

and now they say, "why india is so poor if hindusm is so great?"

May all the Hindus know and rememer this.

If they screwed up our education system, we now need to fix it well.

time to wake up!

thanks a lot for the post!

english should not be taught anymore, only regional dialects should be taught and science books should be translated,etc...

hindi is mother tongue of a few states, teh common man's tongue that is derivative of urdu, delhi languages.

Guest guest

I hope you were joking with that comment about regional dialects, because if you weren't, it's a shame.

Regional dialects constitute a language barrier for people of different regions to communicate. English is a gloabl language now, so yes people SHOULD learn Enlgish. Indians should also learn Sanskrit, but English is the more practical language for today.

By keeping people ignorant of a global language, it puts Indians on a path of hardship and suffering because they will be unable to compete with others, or even understand others.

Guest guest

I dont see any one saying my mother tongue is Sanskrit, where from this language came, and where it is now.

Guest guest

Yes, I agree. English is the lingua franca. open your eyes and see how miserable countries like Japan and Korea are. How much they struggle and are frustrated because most of them don't speak English. Knowing English is the only factor that gives us an edge over China and increases our chances for growth.

People are desperate to learn English and they see it as necessary progress. Only in India do we find some lamers who want to go backwards. Some logic! Get out of your villages and see the reality you idiots, and thank God that providence has given you the gift of a language that is universally acclaimed and proved to be a vital element of growth and prosperity.

Guest guest

Yes I agree with you..forget hindi and regional dialects..mother toungue should be sanskrit, then we can also learn our regional dialects and english...Most indians are capable of speaking 2-3 languages anyway..why not include snaskrit in them..we are not like most americans that are only capable of speaking one language.

and now they say, "why india is so poor if hindusm is so great?"

May all the Hindus know and rememer this.

If they screwed up our education system, we now need to fix it well.

time to wake up!

-----------

I have a q.: Is spiritual know. separate from material know.? You shun this q. all along. Don't hang "wake up, wake up, wake up" on you lips any longer. India were not great if it were a sleepers' country. Pls. replace this word with "time to confront the neg. & dark side!"

<< Is spiritual know. separate from material know.? >>

yes. one can have a lot of knowdege of the material or prakriti and how it works, and still can be totally ignorant of the knowedge of the soul and supersoul - god.

<< You shun this q. all along. >>

if so, not purposely. i just did not notice it.

<< India were not great if it were a sleepers' country. >>

it was great till 2-5K years ago only.

if it were awake and united, then the islam and the brits, would not have succceded in invading and ruling.

<< Pls. replace this word with "time to confront the neg. & dark side!" >>

no disagreement. as i have said many times,

we hindus need work within and without.

those who think islam is ok in india are still sleeping.