IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On the Subject of Hinduism: Its is a commonly known fact that the word Hindu was coined by the muslims way back when. They were unable to pronounce Sindhu, which is a river bordering the northwestern provinces of India. Thus Muslims that lived/live there and Muslims that lived/live in bordering countries like Afghanistan, Baluchistan, Persia, etc. did not pronounce the word Sindhu correctly. This is because their language, Parsee, pronounces the 's' sound as 'h.' They therefore pronounced Sindhu as Hindu and the inhabitants became known as Hindus. You will notice that the word Hindu isnt used once in the entire vedic writings, and the linguistical elements of the word is not native to Sanskrit. Anyhow, Hinduism has since been used to collectively describe the religion of India, which in fact has various forms and identities. I am not making up any of this. The Hindu word is viewed as a misnomer and this concept has been confirmed by many scholars and pandits such as Srila Prabhupada, Rajmani Tigunait, C.J. Fuller, etc. While there may be many different interpretations of the vedic literature, it truly doesnt matter which one you follow. The sole fact that you are attempting to pursue Paramatma is surely very beneficial to your spiritual advancement. On a sidenote, most Hindus, from what I have seen, are angry or irked that ISKCON emphasizes Krishna over many other forms of God and demigods. However, I think it is worth pointing out that demigod worship has been described as foolish in the Bhagavad Gita, because it is usually done for material gain rather than a sincere appreciation for their lordships. You will find that ISKCON temples do speak of demigod lilas and do observe various occasions that honor the demigods. Therfore arguements in this manner against ISKCON are foolish and unsound. One last thing, I am sure all of you regard the Supreme being (energy) as omnipotent. This implies that the Supreme is beyond human conception. Therfore it makes absolutely no sense to say that god cannot be impersonal, and cannot be personal. We cannot conceive God's ability period. Therefore we must accept that god can be either/or/both if He wants to. To deny god to be personal is absolutely foolish, the 10th canto of Srimad Bhagvatam is all about Krsna Lila, the personal side of the lord. Various incarnations of Vishnu have appeared on Earth in various forms. There is also mentioning of the impersonal side of god in various parts of the scriptures. So if you accept Vedic writings, then you must accept the personality and impersonality of Paramatma. Hari Bol.

When the muslims coinded the word hindu, it meant for them the people living on the east side of sindhu river.

however, when the muslims invaded and lived on the east side of sindhu, none of them were identified by any muslim as hindus. so this clearly shows that for the muslims the word hindu meant the people who followed the vedic dharma. in fact the muslims see others as muslims or non muslims (kafirs). thats all.

now the muslims do not hold the monoply to name other people or their religions. the hindus have also fundamental right to assume a name of their choice. as it happened, the word hindu became popular world wide. so the hindus chose to keep the word any way, as their name. thus hinduism got the meaning 'sanatan dharma.' no non hindu has any right to say to hindu, "you are not a hindu"; and "hinduism does not mean sanatan dharma". these names are the chosen names now by the hindus.

hinduism is what is in gita.

to define hinduism by some one's malpractice of dharma is totally wrong.

being new names, it is obcious that hindu and hinduism words cannot not be fould in the vedic literature.

most HKs' names are not found on their birth certificates.

still they are legal and accepted names. same for the words hinduism and hindu. the names are chosen/accepted by the hindus now. and they already say the world what the words mean.

Guest guest

being new names, it is obcious that hindu and hinduism words cannot not be fould in the vedic literature.

most HKs' names are not found on their birth certificates.

...the names of hk's are found in vedic literature.. much more important than some governative document

the fact is that with the name, also the concept of indian nation take birth with muslims... they are the first to think that beyond the sindhu river there's a unique nation, unique people, unique culture, unique religion, unique DHARMA

and they did like that only because they were interested in ruling, not because they made some cultural research

so india, the name and the substance, is a muslim creation

Jai Ganesh

Re

(so india, the name and the substance, is a muslim creation)

If so we would all be muslim, thank the lord that is not the case, and thank the Hindus who suffered but preserved the culture against all the odds.

Jai Shree Krishna

thanks ganeshprasad ji.

very good response.

i think the 'guest' is s muslim or a hindu hater.

just as the terrorist come in burqa or disguise,

he does not assume a user name and comes as 'guest' disguise.

Guest guest

(so india, the name and the substance, is a muslim creation)

If so we would all be muslim

why muslim? beyond sindhu river there's and there was eternal transcendental traditions.. the muslim concept is india....... not vedas, upanishads, itihasas, puranas and so on

(and you have perfectly understood it)

Jai Ganesh

((((so india, the name and the substance, is a muslim creation)))

((If so we would all be muslim))

Re

(why muslim? beyond sindhu river there's and there was eternal transcendental traditions.. the muslim concept is india....... not vedas, upanishads, itihasas, puranas and so on)

(and you have perfectly understood it)

If I have understood it there is no need for me to argue.

The Muslim may or may not have given the name, I have no reason to argue this point but the substance?

All I know is they tried their best to change the substance with all the means at their disposable and we all know how cruel their method was and still is, and yet as you rightly point out beyond sindhu river there's and there was eternal transcendental traditions..(The Substance) But at a what cost? We can’t even begin to imagine.

We will be failing in our duty if we can not preserve what we have.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

(We will be failing in our duty if we can not preserve what we have)

Thats God's job!! afterall The Supreme Personality of Godhead did say that He will carry what we lack and preserve what we have :-)

Haribol

Jai Ganesh

(We will be failing in our duty if we can not preserve what we have)

Re

(Thats God's job!! afterall The Supreme Personality of Godhead did say that He will carry what we lack and preserve what we have :-)

Still we have to do our duty,god help those who help them self.I hope you are not sujesting we all sit back and do nothing.

Haribol

Jai Shree Krishna

krishna knows what i am doing,

and i am happy about it.

to the readers of my posts,

if you agree to any of my points/views/solutions i am presenting, then please talk freely about it to others, and support others of the same views. no much action happens without first talking about it, when it needs united effort.

not talking the issues and just shoving them under the rug or under the pretex of "i am a transcendentalist" is sure way to loose dharma and rashtra to the asuras.

neki kar, dariyAme dAl.

== do work per dharma, or do good benevolent work,

and then dump it (the ego) in the ocean, means forget it.

aa samanaju?

tumi marhathi aahe?

first thing we hindus need is a lot of hindus talk the dharma and rashtra issues and understand our problems and talk of solutions, and never say, "we cannot do anything."

never.

pleas help towards that goal. thanks.

Jai Ganesh

Re

(neki kar, dariyAme dAl.

== do work per dharma, or do good benevolent work,

and then dump it (the ego) in the ocean, means forget it.)

Thanks brother, i had not heard this before.

Re

(tumi marhathi aahe?)

Na bhai, aame Kathiyavadi che.

Re

(first thing we hindus need is a lot of hindus talk the dharma and rashtra issues and understand our problems and talk of solutions, and never say, "we cannot do anything."

never.

pleas help towards that goal. thanks.)

prabhu we have to practice and be an example for others to follow.and also do our bit for matru bhumi just like that little bird who wanted to empty the ocean, we have a huge task in front, keep at it.

Jai Shree Krishna

a re bhai,

tame to pAdoshi.

ka.nrAno gha karu to tamAre gAm poche.

ApaNe kAthiawad mA ghanA khamirvantA loko chhe.

tamArA porbandar nA mer, ne bijA jadav, kAthi, vegere, rajpUt. i badhAne have jAgvAni jarur chhe.

aane muslA chhe te motA bhAgnA sArA chhe.

te bhadhA ne premthi samajAvavA ni jarur chhe

ke teo islam chhodI de.

pachhi bAkinA asur mAthAbhAre muslAno vAro.

kA.n to islam chhoDe, ne kA.n to desh chhode.

aa desh hrushi-munino, vedic lokono chhe, muslA no nathi.

kem vAt barAbar chhe ke nai?

aa vishva-jALa par vAt arie te aakhu malak jANe.

tethI potAni badhi vAt kevi sAri nai, saAmati mAte.

bheTo thAy ke na thAy, paN man maLe to kAm thAy.

shu.n kiyo chho?