IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Mickey12

Looking for God...

Rate this topic

Hello, my name is Andrew. I was born Jewish, however, I am not a believer in Religion. In fact, I would describe myself as an agnostic. Inside, though, I yearn for the truth -- I want to find God.

I've done Yoga and meditation before, and I want to start up again. Hinduism has always fascinated me (I first discovered through George Harrison and The Beatles) and I would like to explore into the Religion even further. Has anyone got any words of inspiration for me? Where should I start? Someone to talk to would be nice.

Andrew

Guest guest

first start to chant the lords name, hare krishna. then you can search up on the internet about hinduism and even check some of these forums for information on hinduism. You may also start by reading the books of hinduism the bhagvad-gita, the upinshads, and the vedas. try google searching them or buy them in the store.

Guest guest

The mantra is Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare.

This is the only mantra recommended for this Kali-yuga. Other Mantra are ok, but the constant Chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra is very good. Made me a Vegetarian.

Strive for world peace.

Hare Krishna

First of all you have to read Bhagavad Gita As It Is:

www.asitis.com

you can also download from

www.hare-krishna.org

Its not just about reading but listening to Lectures and Bhajans, Krishna Life is nice life..read on...

Start with these sites and ignore the rest otherwise you will add to your mind different precepts. Not good at this moment. If you want to e-mail me you can at:

pankaja_dasa@

If you want to chant then do so. This is best advice.!

Jai sri NITYANANDA! Jai sri GAURANGA!

Guest guest

"Start with these sites and ignore the rest otherwise you will add to your mind different precepts."

Andrew asked about Hinduism, not Iskcon so let him have a balaced outlook, rather than a biased one. Sometimes Iskcon are Hindus, at other times they are not, so make up your minds. Hinduism is alot more than just the Hare Krishna sect.

Guest guest

Hinduism is alot more than just the Hare Krishna sect.

krishna is the supreme lord.. there's nothing more than the supreme

(simply you are free to give your suggestions instead of criticizing the other's ones)