IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Were Aryans Atlanteans?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Could the British have been somewhat right?

Is anyone familiar with Edgar Cayce?

He was a psychic who was a Christian fundamentalist. Except, when he had an out of body experience and learned things that shook his belief system to the core. He believed afterwards that ALL the religions were divinely inspired and all were as valid as Christianity.

He believed in a Gnostic Christ, one that went to India, but unfortunately rebuked the Brahmin priests for upholding the caste system (could have been a leftover from Atlantis maybe, because Atlantis's destruction occurred during a time when pure-bloods supposedly were mixing with half breeds. Or something like that). He also rebuked the Brahmin priests for believing in the Hindu trinity of Brahma Vishnu Shiva, especially for Brahma incarnating as Vishnu and Shiva, or something to that effect. Not clear why Jesus would rebuke the Hindu trinity.

Some Hare Krishnas believe Jesus was a Vaishnava, I don't see how that's possible if what Edgar Cayce said was true.

Edgar Cayce doesn't make one mention of Rama (aside from a Rama empire which was ruled by rishis and not kshatriyas), or Krishna. Did they ever exist?

Atlantis was supposed to cover all of Europe, including Asia. It's possible, maybe that India was a part of Atlantis, but broke free from the obsessive and ego-driven activities of the Atlanteans and chose to delve into more spiritual quests. As a result the Atlanteans surpassed India technologically, yet India surpassed them spiritually. A war between India and Atlantis might have occurred, destroying or nearly destroying both civilizations. Maybe India was a survivor of this war.

At least that's my theory based on what Cayce said.

Also, Cayce does say that man is much older than scientists think. He says they are 10.5 million years old.

This is mostly taken from the site www.near-death.com, but I thought it was an interesting topic for discussion over here.

Guest guest

is because Cayce mentions 3 lands or civilizations as part of Atlantis, and this includes ARYANS.

Guest guest

I doubt your theory is true.

However in the Prince Charles museum (its been renamed now to an india name which i cant remember) in Bombay/Mumbai there are miniature statues which resemble ancient greeks but are labeled 'Atlantean'. Interesting eh

Atlantis was supposed to cover all of Europe, including Asia. It's possible, maybe that India was a part of Atlantis, but broke free from the obsessive and ego-driven activities of the Atlanteans and chose to delve into more spiritual quests.

-----------

Atlantis was a big island in Atlantic.

As a result the Atlanteans surpassed India technologically, yet India surpassed them spiritually.

-----------

This word comes from your nationalistic pride. Highly developed civil. comes from heaven & then it will be abandoned, distorted, & confused as time's going on until it's restored again. Your're proud of ancient Indian civil. as if all of it's contents belong to you.

A war between India and Atlantis might have occurred, destroying or nearly destroying both civilizations. Maybe India was a survivor of this war.

-----------

According to some UFO report, between Mu (i.e. Lemuria) & Atlantis. This is only one cause of destruction, therefore you have the right to debate this topic endlessly.

Guest guest

while some of my theory is part of "nationalistic pride" or whatever, my theory is based on what I've read. I've read in some places about an Atlantis-India war, where Atlantis was the superior force, and they wanted to invade India's Rama Empire. However, at the gates, one of the rishis or whoever was ruling that place was floating in the air. He looked down at the general of the Atlantean army and stopped his heart and the general died. Thus, the Atlantean army retreated, only to come back this time with nuclear weaponry and they waged nuclear war.

I think my theory is pretty logical in this context.

And NO, Atlantis isn't only supposed to be in the Atlantic Ocean. At least that's not the only theory out there. There's also a theory out there that says that India MIGHT have been part of Atlantis, or may have been Atlantis.

By the way, just wondering but are you a believer in the Aryan Invasion theory? If so, why?

Guest guest

This is why.

Written in blood New Scientist vol 170 issue 2291 - 19 May 2001, page 17

The origins of India's rigid caste system are confirmed by DNA tests

UPPER-CASTE Indians are genetically more like Europeans, while members of India's lower castes are more like other Asians, says an international team of researchers.

"It seems to confirm much of the research that basically has drawn from linguistic analysis and theories about the movements of people into South Asia," says Robert Hardgrave of the University of Texas, Austin, who has written extensively on India and its caste system. Based on such evidence, most historians believe that waves of Indo-European-speaking people from eastern Europe and the Caucasus set up the caste system as they moved into the Indian subcontinent about 5000 years ago.

"When the Aryans came in, they brought with them a social hierarchy," says Hardgrave. "We have some historical and archaeological evidence which suggests that as the Aryans came in, they intermarried with indigenous people and also absorbed many of them into their system of ranking."

Some people dismiss this theory as a myth, claiming it "devalues" India's history. Now, however, genetic studies have produced strong evidence supporting the theory. A team led by Michael Bamshad of the University of Utah in Salt Lake City compared the DNA of 265 Indian men from different castes with DNA from nearly 750 African, European, Asian and other Indian men.

First, they analysed mitochondrial DNA, which people only inherit from their mothers. When the researchers looked at specific sets of genes that tend to be inherited as a unit, they found about 20 to 30 per cent of the Indian sets resembled those in Europeans. The percentage was highest in upper caste males. Overall, though, each caste resembled other Asians most.

Next, the team studied genetic variations in the Y chromosome, which is inherited from the father. "We saw a strikingly different pattern," says Bamshad. In this case, most castes resembled Europeans more closely than Asians. "The upper castes were more similar to Europeans, the middle castes were genetically equidistant from Europeans and Asians, and the lower castes were more similar to Asians," he says.

The researchers got similar results when they examined 40 sets of genes on other chromosomes. The findings support the theory that the Indo-European immigrants appointed themselves to the higher castes, Bamshad says. The Y chromosome evidence also supports the idea that the original immigrants were mostly male.

The caste system was based on occupation and socioeconomic status. The upper castes were the Brahmans (priests), the Kshatriyas (warriors) and the Vaisyas (traders). The Sudras, who were the farmers and artisans, comprised the lower caste. Later, a fifth caste—"the untouchables"—was established for those who did menial tasks.

In modern India, the caste system is breaking down in some parts of society but still going strong in others, as a look at matrimonial ads in Indian newspapers reveals. While some expressly say that "caste is no bar", others ask for brides or bridegrooms not just of the same caste, but of the precise sub-caste.

Anil Ananthaswamy

<< The origins of India's rigid caste system are confirmed by DNA tests

UPPER-CASTE Indians are genetically more like Europeans, while members of India's lower castes are more like other Asians, says an international team of researchers. >>

there is no need to belive reports by non hindus and by those who relly do not care about hinduism.

no specifc reference is given to check the authority and honesty of the original source of such info.

Guest guest

"there is no need to belive reports by non hindus and by those who relly do not care about hinduism.

no specifc reference is given to check the authority and honesty of the original source of such info."

What if specific references were given? What do you mean by specific references?

Still, I don't believe in the Aryan invasion theory. It's possible that India was a land for many different cultures back then, and they ended up blending together. The idea of the caste system being racial is what I have a problem with, and that "Indians" are more like intruders who've supplanted the Dravidians by force. There is no evidence to back this up, nor is there any evidence to prove WHEN the different cultures integrated with each other.

Guest guest

Anil Ananthaswamy sounds like a Hindu name to me ( although i am not a Hindu so I cant be sure)

Secondly 'New Scientist' magazine is a well respected monthly scientific magazine. There website is at www.newscientist.com.

Thirdly DNA tests can not lie. If you can think of another reason why Upper caste indians have more european dna then please say so.

Guest guest

"Thirdly DNA tests can not lie. If you can think of another reason why Upper caste indians have more european dna then please say so."

Well, I didn't say DNA tests can lie. I said DNA tests do not tell WHAT went on in history. They may provide some circumstantial evidence for a theory, and while DNA tests do provide some evidence to SUPPORT AIT, that evidence is not conclusive. Who knows? It's a fact that India has been invaded by a number of different civilizations. Those invaders aren't likely to mingle with the lower castes, because that's not where the power lies. It's with the higher castes that they'd mix with, and DNA evidence may merely be supporting that.

I'm sorry, but it will take a lot more evidence than DNA and linguistics to convince me that we "Aryans" imposed our culture upon "Dravidians".

Guest guest

UPPER-CASTE Indians are genetically more like Europeans, while members of India's lower castes are more like other Asians, says an international team of researchers.

This is a perfect example of biased scholarship, where the conclusions are needlessly interpreted in one skewed direction, though they can also be interpreted in a perfectly different way.

Case in point, the statement "UPPER CASTE Indians are genetially more like Europeans." This leads to the rather quaint conclusion, which feeds into the minds of Eurocentrically educated young Indian professionals, that North Indians have more "European DNA..." as if any culture could lay claim on a DNA sequence. And thus the conclusion that North Indians are descended from mythical Aryan invaders whose alleged invasion went absolutely unrecorded in the primeval "Aryan" texts, the Vedas.

But another way of saying the above is, "Europeans are genetically more like North Indians." It's the same statement, but rephrased, it implies something different - Europeans are descended from North Indians. Thus, Aryans migrated out of India and settled in what is now known as Europe.

This latter conclusion is a perfectly acceptable interpretation as well, but the brainwashed Indian youth of today will immediately scoff at it.

Why?

Because the young Indian professionals, educated in English-medium schools, are incapable of thinking for themselves. Instead, they have a deep desire to lick the boots of their socio-cultural masters in the Academic West, so much so that they must blindly accept whatever pseudo-scholarly drivel is put out by them in the name of science. Ironically, none of this "science" really lives up to the scientific method, but that is quickly brushed aside in favor of seeming more "enlightened," which Indians today know means accepting the opinions of Western scholars.

And hence we have the "Aryan Invasion Theory," the "aryan" North Indians and the "Dravidian" South Indians (who were supposedly a slave race but became absorbed into the Aryan civilization as members of the "lower castes." Though why there are brahmanas with long family traditions in the South does not make sense here.

Guest guest

'But another way of saying the above is, "Europeans are genetically more like North Indians." It's the same statement, but rephrased, it implies something different - Europeans are descended from North Indians. Thus, Aryans migrated out of India and settled in what is now known as Europe.'

Well obviosuly it cant be interpreted like this as Euopeans dont contain any Asian DNA. And so cant be descended from Asians.

You could possibly say that North Indians once possessed only European DNA and then migrated to Europe while some remained and intermixed with those of Asian genetic lineage. This would also explain it.

isnt atlantis only a myth? or is the eveidence of its exestance

------------

You have right to say anyth. & so do I.

--------------------

while some of my theory is part of "nationalistic pride" or whatever, my theory is based on what I've read.

------------

You have right, too.

And NO, Atlantis isn't only supposed to be in the Atlantic Ocean. At least that's not the only theory out there. There's also a theory out there that says that India MIGHT have been part of Atlantis, or may have been Atlantis.

By the way, just wondering but are you a believer in the Aryan Invasion theory? If so, why?

------------

I haven't mention the civil war in Atlantis in order to affect my view on AIT here. As to AIT, I would like to say sth new tody: S. Asian is simply a subcon.. Indians are simply the people of Indian. Hinduism is simply a religion. Hindi is simply a lang.. Hence the absolute & invariable relationships & ownerships that your nationalism needs are simply illusions in the bewildered minds. In other words, your nationalism is a castle in the air & you're my enemies in it.

Guest guest

But another way of saying the above is, "Europeans are genetically more like North Indians." It's the same statement, but rephrased, it implies something different - Europeans are descended from North Indians. Thus, Aryans migrated out of India and settled in what is now known as Europe.

This latter conclusion is a perfectly acceptable interpretation as well, but the brainwashed Indian youth of today will immediately scoff at it."

Very good point, in fact, it is the only possibility. The whole world must've been vedic, including the barbaric europenas, but somehow they must've drifted. In other words, Indians migrated to Europe to civilize their inferior culktures by givig a dose of Arya spiritualism. Not the other way around.

These all theories. But Edgar Cayce can be believed more than max muller who invented the "Aryan Theory".

And no his readings were not from OOB experience. As per him he accessed "what Hindus call Akashic records". He said his ability was by development of psychic ability in his past births particularly in a birth (incarnation) when he was left wounded to die on the war ground. We hindus call that source as third eye to honour which all hindu women put a bindi & all men used to put a tilak.

About Ram, yes Edgar Cayce has mentioned it in his at leats two readings such as "Ram in India" (reading 364-3). He could have given all his life's reading on Ram if he was asked. If he did not mention some names then it just means that he was not asked about them. And that true because Edgar Cayce was never asked any direct questions about history of India.

Also Edgar Cayce defines Atlantis as a continent between western Africa & Gulf of Mexico. Bahamas is a part of Atlantis. India was a totally separate land from the beginning of life on earth as per Edgar Cayce..

In a reading (readings for 364) he described that life started as five races about 10.5 million years ago on 5 lands viz Gobi, India, Capathia, Sahara, Atlantis. The same entity projected into different races & took the colour of the surroundings. Some lands like India had mixed colours due to its different surroundings as we go from north to south.

So, if we can see & realize that probably all the lands were destroyed (in the destruction that sunk Atlantis) except India which somehow managed to survive some of its civilization. Our ancient Hindu (actually Sanatan Dharam) scriptures tell the same story about destruction of lands when great lands went into the sea & new ones emerged.

For more info you may read all the readings of Edgar Cayce for 364.