IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Prabhupada

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Now I shall get many angry people at me, but I most do this. Many here is bad mouthing sai baba, including me, and some prabhupada, and know I most say, that prabhupada didnt alwas know what he was talking about, I may be wrong, but in sweden we are thaught that india was freed thanx to ghandi because of his death,ghandi knowed that he was going to be killed, and still he went to the meeting and was killed(by a hindu) and he got different people to work togheter and over his death india was going to be liberated from the imperium. All this thru ghandis satyagraha and belief in God, befor he died, ghandi forgave his shooter and died with Rams name on his lips, and prabhupada had said that non-liberated souls is commited to do errors, he said that ghandi erred when he whent to this meeting, but if he died for indias liberation, then this cant be a error, that is as stupid to say that jesus did wrong to meet judas and get captured, when he died for everybodys sins!! Then jesus failed in prabhupadas statement!? Either way prabhupada has tangled him in his words which shows in HIS own opinion, that himself is not liberated when he was alive!!

Guest guest

Now I shall get many angry people at me, but I most do this. Many here is bad mouthing sai baba, including me, and some prabhupada, and know I most say, that prabhupada didnt alwas know what he was talking about, I may be wrong, but in sweden we are thaught that india was freed thanx to ghandi because of his death,ghandi knowed that he was going to be killed, and still he went to the meeting and was killed(by a hindu) and he got different people to work togheter and over his death india was going to be liberated from the imperium. All this thru ghandis satyagraha and belief in God, befor he died, ghandi forgave his shooter and died with Rams name on his lips, and prabhupada had said that non-liberated souls is commited to do errors, he said that ghandi erred when he whent to this meeting, but if he died for indias liberation, then this cant be a error, that is as stupid to say that jesus did wrong to meet judas and get captured, when he died for everybodys sins!!

Gaura dasa : You cannot compare Ghandi to Jesus. Ghandi was a saint amongst politicians, and a politician amongst saints. He did not accept the Bhagavad gita literally, but as an allegory.He said he based his ideology on the Gita, but the Gita promotes the use of violence if unrighteousness becomes the predominating government ( as most of the Governments are today ).When Prabhupada wrote him a letter to give up politics and now really take to liberating India with the knowledge of Bhagavad gita, he did not respond. It was due to the efforts of Mr Bose, who had to go to the extreme of siding with the Nazis, in order to get the terrible British out of India. It was only war that was succesful, not Swadesh. It is a misconception to think that India was freed by non-violence.

Zam : Then jesus failed in prabhupadas statement!? Either way prabhupada has tangled him in his words which shows in HIS own opinion, that himself is not liberated when he was alive!!

Gaura dasa : Only when our intelligence is too much under the influence of the lower modes of material nature , do we think that a nitya-siddha, eternally liberated soul such as Srila Prahupada, is on the same level as a conditioned soul.In the end , even Mr. Bose did not free India, becaue it is being taken over by the demoniac infleunce of cow-killing McDonalds, MTV, and as many influences of uncultured America as it can imitate.

Guest guest

When Prabhupada wrote him a letter to give up politics and now really take to liberating India with the knowledge of Bhagavad gita, he did not respond.

Since gandhi didnt respond to SP's letter he is not responsible for the freedom of india. Then y the hell was he called for every round table conference with the british.Dont discredit anybody of their acheievement just becos their idea didnt match with that of SP.

Gandhi has done much more that wat SP has done for the world

Guest guest

true.

where gandhi by his sheer belief in rama ( his rama was universal...not only the king of ayodhya but a universal power under whom we all exist) was responsible for saving many a lives under the hindu-muslim fightings pre and post independance ...prabhupada's followers strictly are intolerant of all other opinions and thoughts contrary to their beliefs.

tolerance is the true sign of evolution in all spheres.

Guest guest

a misconception that india was not freed becz of nonviolence? u need a deeper understanding of history.

the major war that actually took place on the soil of india was the mutiny in 1857. it was smashed by the british.

but one indian just by simple fasting , and nonviolent means garnered the love and support of crores to oust the british. and he won laurels from not only india but all over the world as the epitome of peace and nonviolence.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my Humble obeisances unto Him!

Please dont get emotional and use words like "hell" in a belicose manner.

"Gandhi has done much more that wat SP has done for the world"

Gandhi was involved in politics and no one is discrediting him. But you stating Gandhi has done more than Srila Prabhupada in no way acceptable and correct. You have no clue about who Srila PRabhupada is and what he did for mankind. Gandhi might have helped a selected few, but Srila Prabhupada has helped MANKIND in the truest sense of the word. He saw everyone equal with love and affection including lower beings.

In no way, Gandhi can be compared to Srila PRabhupada!Like Gaura Dasa said, Gandhi never used Gita but just as a tool to persuade the common mass and prove his cause. Krishna has said in the Gita that doing nothing during emergency situation is not considered non-violent. Hence what Gandhi did was not non-violence. Do you have any idea how many people died and suffered inspite of all the so called "non-violence".

Gandhi was invited to conferences not for his non-violence but rather for his capacity as a leader, what is that to do with non-violence and Gita. But Srila Prabhupada preached and lived as per the Gita and inspite of old age and grave danger against the Chritian community, He preache True Love of God. If Srila Prabhupada existed during the days of Christ and before He would have gotten the same treatment as Christ but still He would not have retreated from Gita. Such is the greatness of Srila PRabhupada! He was brave and did not care what people thought of Him. He did everything for Krishna and his Guru. What did Gandhi do, he did everything for his own interest, if not there will not be a Pakistan today and there will not be families then who suffered from partitiion. When the British wanted to divide and Jinna ready to divide Hindu and Muslim, it was Gandhi who said ok for the division. If he is so great whay did he do that and why should he be the cause of suffereing for many people.

But Srila Prabhupada on the other hand, did the opposite, he showed true love for his people no matter what color or race or religion and embraced them all into devotees of Krishna(where Gandhi was one reason for Hindu/Muslim division). Ordinary man...no matter how big he may be have to follow the BARETTO Prinicple. If he has to satisfy one group then there will another group which will be disadvantaged because the so called man/leader will take from one place and give it to another. Thats what happend with Gandhi, in order to satisfy his followers(mostly Hindus) said OK to separate state for muslims. Isnt this selfish and narrow?

So...in no way one can compare Gandhi to Srila Prabhupada as Prabhupad taught the message of God who lives and sustains us. If we dont recognize GOD and serve HIM, we are not civilised and utmost selfish like any low being, and that is what Srila PRabhupada dedicated his life for and lived for- TRUE LOVE FOR GOD- No politics, No Games and No Sorrows- Always HAPPINESS. IN THIS GAME- EVERYONE IS A WINNER and in GANDHI's GAME ALL ARE LOSERS.

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

"But Srila Prabhupada preached and lived as per the Gita "

The meaning of stithaprajna(the perfect man) according to gita is

Neither depressed in loss or gain

Nor disturbed by pleasure or pain

Free from anger, passion and fear

Such a man is a steadfast seer

Free from anger - pl read the thread where SP angrily bad mouths saibaba. whether saibaba is cheat or a dacoit. SP didnt follow gita here. Bad mouthing is not mentioned in gita i believe.

Guest guest

but if he didnt like to be called a saint and kicked people out of iskcon, way are you all HK calling him a saint!?

By the way learn the real meaning about hell!!

Guest guest

Since Sai Baba is responsible for misguiding millions of people from surrendering to the real Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna, Prabhupada is very merciful for helping us to understand this, and has every right to point out this defective mentality He is doing a thankless task by educating people about the importance of following the parampara system, and not following something manufactured in one's fertile brain, with a few magic tricks thrown in, for an encore.

Anger must be used in the service of the Lord. Had Hanuman not been angered, Sita would not have been rescues, and had Arjuna not been incited by Lord Krsna to fight, then the unrighteous cheaters, Duryodhana and crew would have continued their evil ways. ANger in Krsna's service is transcendental, and has nothing to do with the anger that arises from unfulfilled lust. Think again .

Guest guest

It was not because he was being called a saint that he asked his confused disciples to leave, he was being called God, and Prabhupada regarded this Mayavadi Philosophy to be the greatest poison that could destroy his movement. It's not that he spoke strongly only against mixed-up Mayavadis like Vivekananda, Ramakrsna and Such A Sly Baba, but to show his integrity and consisitency, he even asked a handful of his own disciples to temporarily leave his movement until they rectified their mentality of thinking any man could be Krsna, even as someone as pure as himself.

Guest guest

Distortion of Vedas and Gita. Violent and lowly language. Wrong education leading to intolerant bhaktas. Calling Shiva a demi god in contravention to Vedas.

Is Prabhupada not the sage who was sent to mislead and fool people -- as the story goes?

People who call themselves Dasa are the most unhumblest of people to be seen. Uncouth and foul of language and unconcerned of other people's beliefs. Very clearly contradicting the teachings of Gita.

Is Prabhupada not the sage who was sent to mislead and fool people -- as the story goes?

Yes, He is. Verily He is.

Guest guest

A spiritual problem can never be solved by a material solution. Gandhi could have come to round table discussions for the rest of his life, until they all had beards down to the floor, but that NEVER would have brought peace. The people of India have to become strong by taking up to Krsna consciousness. As long as they continue to be controlled by the British influence of frivolous cricket games, drinking tea, and other British nonsense, they are still under the control of Britain's big maya. Prahlad Maharaja says that such conferences amongst sensually controlled people is just chewing the chewed and amounts to nothing. The Dis_United Nations is a very good example of this. All they ahve achieved is creating more flags. WHere is there a question of brotherhoos, if we all can't agree that we share the same Father, and must be obedient to Him ?

There's an anecdote I once heard from Prabhupada about when he was still a householder. He said he had been invited to speak at Jhansi on a holiday declared to honor Gandhi. He was assigned the topic of nonviolence. He defined violence as preventing someone from gaining something which rightfully belongs to them. By having taken birth in the land of Rama, Krishn, and Vyasa, he said, the people of India have a right to take to Krsna consciousness. If someone is preventing them in any way, that person is committing violence. He went on to say that the Indian government was violent because it was preventing people from gaining their true birthright. If we don't daily advance in Krsna consciousness, by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare , HAre Rama HAre Rama Rama Rama Hae Hare, we are commiting violence to our own self.

For Sai Baba ,Vivekananda, and all the other clowns to misguide people is an act of violence. Of course, anyone who follows them deserves to be cheated, especially when they are shown that Lord Krnsa is God , and it is He whom we must surrender to.

Guest guest

Prabhupada: Vivekananda lamented at the end of his life, that "I have simply wasted my life." He admitted, "I have not given anything." Balakanam. He was after this body, and he was recorded, government record, as political sannyasi. Yes. He had political purpose, but was acting as a sannyasi. Just like Gandhi, "Saintly statesman." He is recorded, "Saintly statesman." He's a statesman, politician, but he was introducing some morality, non-violence, like that. Actually, his philosophy failed. He wanted Hindu-Muslim unity, but it was divided. The Muslim and Hindu divided. He wanted non-violence. He died out of violence. Therefore all his philosophy failed. And Indian independence was achieved not by Gandhi's non-violence method but by Subhas Bose's violence method. And he wanted to explain nonviolence from Bhagavad-gita. Just see, another foolishness. Bhagavad-gita is spoken in the battlefield, and he was screwing some meaning to prove his nonviolence.

Guest guest

GD get a life . SP is not the authority to comment on each and everything. Dont blindly follow whatever he is saying.Think before abusing others.

Guest guest

Gandhi has done much more that wat SP has done for the world

what gandhi has done? when you will go before yamaraja what advantage you will get from appreciating the politician gandhi?

Guest guest

SP is a bigger loser than gandhi.Atleast gandhi got us independence which he worked for. SP knew that he cant sell his policies in india and he understand the west is easy to brain wash with is ideas. He is unable to become much popular than gandhi even in his own land where gita was given.

Guest guest

( his rama was universal...not only the king of ayodhya but a universal power under whom we all exist)... prabhupada's followers strictly are intolerant ...

you are heavily intolerant against rama.. you do not like that he's a persona but you reduce him as a concept, a power

please tolerate sri ramachandra leaving him his personality

Guest guest

Free from anger - pl read the thread where SP angrily bad mouths saibaba.

this anger is not for his personal interest, he has no personal loss by the existence of such rascals... this anger is to protect me and you from being cheated

so this anger is not the anger condemned by the gita

in gita krsna says "surrender to me...." if a cheater says "do not surrender to krsna but surrender to me.. sai baba" it is right and saint to be in anger

Guest guest

Gandhi has not done anything ? I can exlpain what he has done . How will yamaraja judge me on what iam saying about gandhi ?

Btw what can yamaraja do to my soul as i have already left the body here? pl clarify.

Guest guest

"this anger is not for his personal interest, he has no personal loss by the existence of such rascals... this anger is to protect me and you from being cheated"

When even anger is justified when its not done in personal interest. What gandhi fought for was also not for personal interest , his action brought joy to 30 crore people much more than what "Others" would have done.

Guest guest

SP knew that he cant sell his policies in india and he understand the west is easy to brain wash with is ideas.

obviously you do not know anything of india and of the spreading of iskcon and gaudya vaishnava sampradaya

if you do not know, why speak?

"The Muslim and Hindu divided. He wanted non-violence. He died out of violence. Therefore all his philosophy failed"

Lord Jesus died at the hands of fanatics. So, He also failed?

Of course for HK's all others are spiritual failures.

Kicking out

Rascal

Fraud

Cheater

Clown

Nice words to describe revered sages such as Ramakrishna, Vivekananda and others. Nice spiritual progress of a Dasa.

Says a lot about the teacher too.

Guest guest

"For Sai Baba ,Vivekananda, and all the other clowns"

You and SP are the greatest ones.

the problem is that you cannot demonstrate it