IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Advaitha as the religion of muslims,greeks,china,Red indians,Jews and jananese.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

[Which guest are you? ur doubting i read vedas but you dont have a copy?!? what sort of monkey business r u up to]

I have translations of the Upanishads. I don't read sanskrit so I asked you to translate.

[these upanishads are quite popular, you can acquire your 'advaita' translations easily. your local barnes n noble might even have them]

Actually the Madhva (Dvaitist) interpretations are hard to get - they do little to promote them. But Ramanuja's and Shankara's are sold through many temple bookshops.

Guest guest

"Bhagavat Puran 11.4.22: To diminish the burden of the earth, the unborn Lord will take birth in the Yadu dynasty and perform feats impossible even for the demigods. Propounding speculative philosophy, the Lord, as Buddha, will bewilder the unworthy performers of Vedic sacrifices. And as Kalki the Lord will kill all the low-class men posing as rulers at the end of the age of Kali"

... many are not. Many have been either perverted or created simply to push a philosophy on to the denizens of Vedic India.

The idea that Buddha was a Vishnu avatar devoted to fooling people doesn't make sense. Nirvana is the same thing as kundalini, and there are undoubtedly a number of buddhists who have had the Shakti reach the highest chakra to realize the truth, just like the vedic Indians. However, unlike the vedic Indians, they are content with stating only what they see and nothing more, while the Vedic Indians did postulate there was something more that the human mind could not grasp no matter how superior his consciousness is. Gopi Krishna said something very similar in his writings on Kundalini, as supposedly did Jesus Christ (the Gnostic version of Christ at least).

My point is, there is no way to actually KNOW the personal God in a lifetime. Perhaps there is a personal God, but it's the impersonal advaitic concept that is within our grasp with the aid of Kundalini rising.

Also, if you maintain that Buddhists are fools or people that were deceived by Vishnu, please tell me how that is possible, if the followers all attain nirvana and see the same things hindu mystics see.

Guest guest

Also, if you maintain that Buddhists are fools or people that were deceived by Vishnu, please tell me how that is possible, if the followers all attain nirvana and see the same things hindu mystics see.

..it is not granted that buddist attain nirvana, maybe they simply make a step and take the next birth in a religion who can make us reach the definitive goal... or maybe they make regress instead of progress and their realization is simply maya

the same for "hindus" like mayavadis, with similar conceptions but different name

Guest guest

-- "it was written by a number of writers, so how could you rely on that to believe Krishna is the basis for the impersonal Brahman? Why would Brahman even have to be impersonal, if there was a personal being who's the basis for that?" --

I've heard the same but am quite skeptical. Some say Sage Vyasa wrote the Gita and others say it's his followers, then others say it was revealed by Sri Krishna and recorded by Vyasa.

Also some say the Gita is 5000 years old and others say it is 500-300BC. So who is right and who is wrong?

I would like to know what others think on this site and their reasons?

Don't shy away from the debate.