IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
maadhav

glorify kshatriyas, says the vedas

Rate this topic

tam arvantam na saanasim gR^iNIhi vipra shushhmiNam.

mitram na yaatayajjanam ..## Rg. 8.102.12 ##

O sage, glorify him who wins the battle like a strong steed; and who like a friend conquers all over adversaries. Rg. 8.102.12

-----------

when you glorify them,

you also raise them, train them, support them.

and it does not matter whether you are

a brahmana, kshatriya, vaishya or shudra.

however, the brahmanas have the first responsibility to praise kshatriyas.

Guest guest

ksatrya are to praise, not the pseudo terrorists claiming to be ksatrya to have a religious brand stamped on and cheat people that his own form of terrorism is like the kuruksetra battle

also hitler's SS had written in their belt "god's with us", but they were not ksatrya, they were murderers

Guest guest

if you are a ksatrya go to make some training... sword, gun, karate instead of coming in a forum to speak

Guest guest

The whole Varna system has collapsed.

Kshatriyas are the ones who protect the people.

Its their duty to awaken people.

Why are you still in stone ages, where battles are won by physical means?

In this modern age, battles are won in the minds, by strategies, by ideas etc. So figthing for ones own religion intellectually in a forum like this is also Kshatriya Dharma.

Guest guest

When there is a battle, there are two opposing sides and according to both they are right. The British are considered bad because conquered our princely states, and ruled over us. But, we glorify the victories of Chandra Gupta Maurya, Vikramaditya... and term their war exploits as great efforts of unification, even Ram's Ashwamedh Yagna is considered as a unification process, but is it not as an invasion and colonization strategy too?

There is no doubt a double standard in the way we see a war. The one who is performing Kshatriya Dharma for one side is a murderer for another.

Hence it is futile to judge a person as performing Kshatriya Dharma or murdering someone. Krishna says that it is your duty to kill your brother or father on the battlefield if you think that he is in the way of your Dharma. Counter-perspective, this is fratricide and patricide, which is an act of murder in the civilian world.

The Vedas also talk about having good enemies: Om swasti samrajyam, bhoujyam, Swarajyam, "vairajyam" [...]. The Vedic community was essentially a warrior community that respected its enemies because bravery and courage were characters to be admired in people, even if they were in your enemies.

I agree that today’s battles are mental, and a discussion forum is also a new battleground where we battle with strategies to prove our point-of-view and simultaneously respecting the other perspective too.

Jai Ganesh

Re

(if you are a ksatrya go to make some training... sword, gun, karate instead of coming in a forum to speak )

Maadhav has all the right to be on this forum and speak, all he is doing is warning us of the dangers that we are facing, Let us not keep our head in the sand.

Of course you have your right to speak also.

Jai Shree Krishna

The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second

<< but is it not as an invasion and colonization strategy too? >>

no. rama took the kingdom or ravana, and gave to his brother vibhishan.

he never exploited or took away the freedom of his people.

sure asuras would nit like it,

but what do we care for asuras? it is very stupid to care for them.

thanks Ganeshprasad ji. you understand me.

this "guest" who live here is determined to not understand me. so i appreciate any help from any one in favor of the points i make.

if/when i find i was wrong or erred,

i have no hesitation to accept and correct it.

as a hindu, the truth is most important for me, us, all.

but because the truth is silent and inert,

we need to reveal it as we know for our good.

Guest guest

My religion is too precious for me to be sarcastic.

I believe that, protecting the dharma is the duty of Kshatriyas, whatever be the means be it financially, physically and intellectually and any other means possible.

<< My religion is too precious for me to be sarcastic.

I believe that, protecting the dharma is the duty of Kshatriyas, whatever be the means be it financially, physically and intellectually and any other means possible. >>

thanks! it is 'our' dharma, not just yours.

the other point is that any one can invoke kshatriya spirit if situation demands. there are some situatons where anyone would prefer to fight than suffer.

terrorism is one such situation.

please pick a user name. it does not hurt.

Guest guest

This forum is not for Hindus basically. And this is for vaishnavaas, and a subsect of it in particular.

But I should thank this forum as the true colrs of Vaishnavas and HKs are out.

Now I will think a lot and may not enter a perumal temple again.

Guest guest

Is this forum just for Vaishnavas only? I always thought it was in favour of Vaishnavas and if you look at the column on the right of the screen all the opinions are Vaishnava/HK related! No wonder alot of the active members are Vaishnavas who are biased! They should change the URL to Vaishnava-religion.net, but I guess their trick is to make Hindus who may not know much that Vaishnava is the only true path of Hinduism or to dominate it with their point of view. I see theirs some fanatics here who want to split Vaishnavism from Hinduism, just because of difference of opinion.

Guest guest

the forum is made by the persons who post messages, i do not see a big moderation, i see that anyone can write what he wants

your problem is that you are the one who does not want freedom, not others

and you are going on crying for an opinion difference that you cannot counteract logically

<< This forum is not for Hindus basically. >>

no what?

all these threads are under "hinduism" title.

additionally, the web URL is:

www.indiadivine.org

india, and divine.

the cradle of hinduism (sanatana dharma) is india.

so, we talk on hinduism and who causes problems to the hindus, and the land of the hindus(who wants to occupy/control it, who are the friends and foes, and how to win over them.)

Guest guest

Don't judge someone you don't know. I'm not the same person as the other 'guests' as you've probably been arguing with.

What I've said is valid as most people here can see this site does appear to have a strong Vaishnava connection and alot of them are biased towards other Hindu groups.

Guest guest

if hinduism is everything, also a forum where vaishnavas are (maybe) preminent and (hypotetically) anti hindu is hindu

so what's your problem?

Guest guest

Simply put, some Vaishnavas want to split from Sanatana Dharma and be known as a seperate religion. This is wrong and will cause more problems. If they truly don't want to be a part of Hinduims, they should not 'claim' to be Hindus when they need help from the Hindu community. But you got other Vaishnavas who are proud to be Hindus (e.g Swaminarayans), so the 'sectarian vaishnavas' need to clear it up with other Hindu vaishnavas before they start claiming they are a seperate religion.

And I think YOU are really the one with the problem

Guest guest

actually he has been maintaining his stand for the last two days. he simply fails to see, the problem is with him and his sect. these guys borrow freely from hinduism when they need and when it comes to taking the credit, they ditch the religion. sort of something like managers who screw their subordinates for work and take all the credit.

Guest guest

Simply put, some Vaishnavas want to split from Sanatana Dharma and be known as a seperate religion

--vaishnavism is not a separate religion... vaishnavism is sanatana dharma, the eternal duty of the living being, to be connected with god in a loving relationship (if you are hindu and you do not agree with this definition of sanatana dharma, so vaishnavas are not hindu, no problem)

This is wrong and will cause more problems

---why?... if you put together people who aren't to stay together you will do the greatest damage

If they truly don't want to be a part of Hinduims, they should not 'claim' to be Hindus when they need help from the Hindu community.

---of course... and the fact is that the expansion of vaishnavism is almost all numerically in the hands of westerners and there's mutual appreciation between western vaishnavas and hindus even if the first ones make no compromise with nationalist religions

But you got other Vaishnavas who are proud to be Hindus (e.g Swaminarayans), so the 'sectarian vaishnavas' need to clear it up with other Hindu vaishnavas before they start claiming they are a seperate religion.

--there's nothing to clear up, i have my ideas and i do not take them from some debates with swaminarayan people... if they think to be hindu i am of different opinion but i have also not any problem for this relatively little detail

And I think YOU are really the one with the problem

--the threads are started from hindus scandalized by the fact that vaishnavas do not call themselves hindu... not the opposite. Where is your hindu tolerance? tolerate even who does not think to be hindu... where's the problem?

Guest guest

these guys borrow freely from hinduism when they need and when it comes to taking the credit, they ditch the religion.

if anyone had explained clearly what is hinduism, and if the explanation were the same at least for two people i would know what i am borrowing and exploiting... everyone uses this word hinduism, everyone has to be a hindu, but no one can say clearly what's hinduism and sustain some little objections.. then insults and bad words start

so what's there to borrow and exploit?

hinduism does not exist, there's vaishnavas, shaivites, mayavadi, shankarites and so on.. variety.. hinduism is to not get deeper on anything, superficial

<< hinduism is to not get deeper on anything, superficial >>

i know in my bones that no religion has gone any where close to the depth as hinduism has gone in spiritual matters. it is so deep it is scary for many non hindus to just try to study it. when the fail to understand it, they slander it.

gita has all the essensce of hinduism. it is the book of hinduism for all practical purposes.

dont read it if you you have no respect for it.

Guest guest

i know in my bones that no religion has gone any where close to the depth as hinduism has gone in spiritual matters.

--hinduism means nothing, there's no common features, principles who reunite the various groups in one. So the depht is in vaishnavas, shaivites, shankarites and so on.

gita has all the essensce of hinduism. it is the book of hinduism for all practical purposes.

--no.. gita is not hindu, gita is surrendering to krsna. Many hindus does not believe in krsna as supreme, so gita who teachs the supremacy of krsna is not hindu

dont read it if you you have no respect for it.

--so read better and you will not find any connection to your hinduist idea.... if you like gita, respect his true meaning, do not bend it for your political propaganda

Guest guest

You have mentioned "om swasti samrajyam" in your discussion. I would like to know from which Veda this sloka is and also any refernce would be appreciated!

sanjiv_malkan@

Thanks.

Sanjiv