IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kartik

The greatness of Hinduism. ( re : Roseanna)

Rate this topic

This is actually in response to G-D telling Rossane that Hinduism is for Sick Minds.

---------------------------

Roseanna , As you would be knowing about Hinduism , Our theology beleives in Live and Let Live. We dont force anyone to become hindus and also we dont stop anyone from moving away from hinduism . Thats what I like in our religion. Its unlike other religions , beleive me .

Tomorrow , if you go to any temple and ask the poojari to convert you to Hindu , i am sure the poojari will have a tough time to think as to what mantras to say and what pooja to do as its not in our religion to Convert.

U need not be a hindu to go to a temple and beleive in Hindu Gods.Our religion is open to all.

G-d Says Hinduism is For Sick Minds , Let me explain why Hinduism is great :

1) We dont have ant time bound unlike others , God is there for us whenever we want him not just a particular Day and a particular time .

2) Unlike Christanity whose theology is that we are all sinners since the first guy was a sinner . So we should all pray for forgiveness .our theology is much much stronger. Cant imagine living as a sinner throught and doing confessions everytime .

3) Hinduism , we concentrate on the teachings of the person , and the good qualities we should get from that particular person . Very few people will know how Krishna Died. ( He was shot an arrow in leg by a hunter who thought krishnas sweet feet to be a dear) My point is we dont see krishna temple with even a picture of him with an arrow in his leg . We concentrate on his important life.

4) Sex , In hinduism , sex is not a Taboo . We still have some temples in KArnataka which is abt SEx . Also in all the Ancient monuments like ajanta Elora u will see all the ladies , in others its considerd as a taboo . Hence the priest is not allowed to marry , he has to lead a celibal life . Also the thought that Jesus was born thru Virgin Mary shows how SEx is considered in other religion.

I understand that Hinduism might lose its charm cos if the rituals , but beleive me No philosophy is as good as hindu Philosophy .

Regards,

Kartik

Guest guest

Kartik

Really good posting. U missed the karma theory in hinduism. I would say it will be really difficult for any religion to come up with such a strong and stable theory like this one followed in hinduism.Further Hinduism is based on this really simple fact that "You do good ,you get good, you do bad ,you get bad. Similar to the scientific principle for every action there is a reaction.

One more thing a hindu goes to a church or a mosque to pray as he believes that good can come from all directions.Which is rarity in other religions.

Guest guest

That was a good post Kartik. Through rituals isn't important to all sections of Hindus - the Vedantists don't give much importance to them.

Just would like to add that Hinduism is based upon spiritual laws discovered by different Sages at different times. When people say Hinduism doesn't have a 'single' founder, they deliberately don't mention that we have many that have come throughout history. Even in recent times there have been great sages and yogis, who taught spiritual paths to different people and there will continue to be in the future.

Hinduism aims at discovering what God really is and experiencing it, not mere belief but proving it to oneself through spiritual experience which culminates in self-realisation. There are even some who can recollect their previous lives.

Sex is recommended for the Grahastha (householder) stage and it is not seen as sinful. But I think illicit sex is seen as adharmic.

Are there moderators on this site? They should be deleting "G-d's" nonsense post.

Guest guest

what books should one read to learn more about hinduism and start practising it ?

Guest guest

Recommended Books to read

The Essentials of Hinduism by Swami Bhaskarananda

The Hindu Mind by Bansi Pandit

Hinduism - The Eternal tradition by David Frawley

All About Hinduism by Swami Sivananda

Hindu Culture by Swami Tejomayananda

For scriptures try Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads. If you get with commentary make sure it is commented upon by someone who knows their stuff, not just anybody.

G-d, hahaha very funny! I think not! "Fight poverty, superstition and backwardness in Hindu community", that's what we've been doing, but it's not as easy as it is to talk, I think education should be put high in importance and as can be seen, India is developing. As for superstition, old habits die hard, but with education the people themselves will grow up.

<< a hindu goes to a church or a mosque to pray >>

sorry i have not seen or heard this.

hindus have wonderfult temple of their own.

a hindu may not mind going to a church or a mosque in case if he has to go with a nonhindu friend.

but no, a hindu has no desire to enter a church or a mosque.

what people belive there is different than what hinduism is.

a gallible hindu may even get confused by going there.

Guest guest

this was a praise to hinduism saying that an hindu is not sectarian and he sees god everywhere and also in the other spiritual traditions.

... god has put some brain in your head to use it

Guest guest

I am a Hindu and follow the Hindu ways of life. I have never been to a mosque or masjid yet, but I have often been to Churches. Not because I felt the need to find God there, but because, to me, there is no difference whether I am in a Hindu temple or a Christian church. I felt the same divine presence there as anywhere else. The Hindu place of worship is of course important, but don't forget that God is everywhere, even in the slightest grain of sand.

<<..Sex , In hinduism , sex is not a Taboo . We still have some temples in KArnataka which is abt SEx ..>

I'm afraid you are wrong. Sex is considered as adharmic. Even within marriage, one shouldn't have sex for other than the reason of bearing a child. A householder only can have sex just to bear a child. Not for pleasure.

i agree.

your understanding is correct, but the xians do not understand it. consequently they think you are a weak hindu and pro xian, and think that xianity is better than hinduism. and they keep on converting the hindus in varous cunnning ways. try to bring some xian in a temple and see how they react. find ways to stop xians convert hindus in india. also, your going to a church also could inspire other hindus go there, and if the do not know hinduism better and well, they will become xians rather thanhindus. so your going to a church sets a wrong example for other hindus and children.

those who live by ganga maiya

do not need to go to any other water source.

when you have hindu dharma,

you do not need to go any where else.

such a behaviour will set a right example for others.

could you agree?