Sign in to follow this  
maadhav

HK's and kshatriyas

Rate this topic

daNdaa ivedgo ajanaasa aasan

parichchhinaa bharataa arbhakaasa.

abhavach cha pura etaa vasishhTa

aadittR^itsunaa.m visho aprathanta..## Rg. 7.33.6 ##

The illustrious people find themselves like the stripped staves wherewith herdsman drives the cattle. The illustrious people are found defenseless. The celebrated sage, then, becomes their chief and leader. Then the fighters for justice flourish. Rg. 7.33.6

--------

this seems to say that

no one should try to convert kshatriyas.

has any swami given any good purport on this verse?

if so, i would like to know what it is.

ask your guru please.

gandhi made many hindus almost cowards.

Hare Krishnas only produce first class brahmanas.

their mission as given by prabhupada is that only.

sometimes they fail to understand kshatriyas.

but i admire them too.

they are organized well, and we hindus need to organize

when we have enemies (islam )

they undertand vaishnavism a lot better than many hindus.

all hindus consider them hindus, but they say they are not.

i wish HK's produce kshatriyas too.

many fail to understand the pains of the hindus (sanatana dharmis). being brahmans, they fail to perceive terrorism problem they way kshatriyas perceive.

dear madhaav it seems that you have not so much information on hare krishna (gaudya vaishnava sampradaya)

initiation is given to anyone that the spiritual master judges fit to receive this mercy... so initiated devotees are from any social class and they have no problem to continue with their role in the society (like arjuna did in the gita)

so a little minority of devotees with priest's or monk's guna and karma go to the temple as brahmanas, but the vast majority keep his previous activity

so if one is a policeman, politician or a soldier (ksatrya) he goes on with his job and no one says the opposite

only in few years when prabhupada was starting the movement in the west there was some emphasis (not wanted by srila prabhupada) on joining the temple, but now it is not absolutely in this way

all harekrishna, if they are fit, take diksa, but in he practical life only a very little percentage (near to zero) changes his job to join the temple

spiritual initiation has nothing to do with the job, profession, predisposition.. so spiritual master does not create brahmana, vaishas, sudras, ksatryas... he helps people to became vaishnavas...

it is good if you have better information before to speak

vaishnavism is based on gita, in gita krsna does not make arjuna brahmana, nor sudra, nor ksatrya, nor vaisha.. he simply says to arjuna to offer his karma to him turning it in bhakti

so there's nothing to "produce"

please be careful with judgements (not only with gaudya vaishnavas of course) and get better informations

i read your posts and i too do not agree with your idea of ksatrya and all your nationalism pride stuff (even if i love deeply india).. it does not means that i am against ksatrya and that if one (like arjuna) does this job he has to change it because he gets vaishnava diksa

(brahmana means one who realize to be a spiritual (brahman) soul, not only the one who makes puja to the deities (who can be an absolute outcaste if he do not make it with consciousness))