IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kalki avatar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

param means supreme

supreme means "the higher", so the "higher" is not sub(=under)jected to the realization of the self

he does not forget who he is, he has nothing to realize

in gita god explains.. arjuna listen and realizes that he have to surrender to god.. god has nothing to realize

(answer the questions if you want to discuss, you can paste everything you want, thanks, but i know arleady what is advaitavada)

q:"in gita god explains.. arjuna listen and realizes that he have to surrender to god.. god has nothing to realize"

Answer:Arjuna is unmasking the truth.....that is he himself is that god.realization of his true being. surrender means being one with the GOD.

Truth is always only one, do you agree? if where there is two(duality) it cann't be true. In your concept you believe that God and soul is different. and you still agree with that we are spark of that fire...but still we are not supreme?. If i am a spark ,i have to be the fire only, not the part of that fire....

if i am not the fire there is no match between me and God...That means i have different existence than GOD.Independent from God.

Truth is always only one...it cann't be two...and applying the same logic we are all ONE.

Wherever duality exists...that is maya...i can prove the example of water stream in to a pond, pond to river ,river to infinite ocean.But the same time if i have to prove this i have to come out of this duality...maya or illusion...If i am going to prove something in this world it has to be in the limit or condition of maya..that is duality...whatever i explain it will bond itself with duality....which is not true.if say some thing within this maya it has to be maya.

To understand the truth you and me have to come out of this maya.If you come out of that maya...that means you are in truth...that means there is no need to explanation...because there you and me all are ONE.

As you said "sat(eternal) cit(supremely conscious) ananda(eternally blissful)", well through out the life we do lot of things to find that ananda...people do variety of exploration to find that ananda....all lives strugle or do explore the thing just because they want to attain the perfection,knowing everything. Whatever we do the main objective is to find that ananda.That means exploring inside ourself..the ananda never comes from outside...it has to come from within ourself...and we feel it within ourself only. so that means sat-cit- ananda is within us.

and that is atma.

Q:supreme means "the higher", so the "higher" is not sub(=under)jected to the realization of the self

Answer:This world is like shadow of your own...you can see your shadow....but you know that it is not YOU...you cann't say shadow is true thing and you cann't say its false because you know that its just something like mirror image...looks like you.The same hold true with this world...the same thing is with us also....we tend to believe that we are shadow...forgeting our true nature...we have to just remove that shadow...than we see the supreme in ourself.

Love,

Ranjan Bhandari

Guest guest

Arjuna is unmasking the truth.....that is he himself is that god.

--where is written in gita?

Truth is always only one, do you agree?

--of course

if where there is two(duality) it cann't be true

--and you are right, but if we have variety in this world, different subjects, relationships and actions between these subjects, how can the absolute lack these qualities? So in the absolute we have unity because everything belongs to god, but also variety, because also variety belongs to god.... simultaneously

In your concept you believe that God and soul is different. and you still agree with that we are spark of that fire..

--simultaneously unity and difference... this is the omnipotence, god is one but also full of variety, he has qualities, these qualities are revealed in relationship, and to have relationships his parts and parcels are created (=emanated) complete individual persons. And because this personality comes from god, this personality is also eternal.

So krsna in the gita asks "surrender.." surrender is an action performed by two entities, one who surrenders and one who takes shelter ("surrender to me.... i will protect..")

Wherever duality exists...that is maya...

--change duality with variety and there's no maya

To understand the truth you and me have to come out of this maya.

--so there's a maya who bound us, who gives us limits, who make things difficult to understand for us.... how can the supreme be illuded by maya? is maya the supreme?

f you come out of that maya...that means you are in truth...that means there is no need to explanation...because there you and me all are ONE.

--no, in the gita to go out from maya is surrendering, to devote ourselves to god... so if there's variety within illusion, there's variety also out from illusion.. maya cannot have more features than the absolute. And maya is not a creation, maya is a distortion on what is already there. If you see a house with broken glasses, you will see a broken house and it is fales, maya... but the house does not stop to exist when you take out glasses, simply you will see the house in perfect state, not broken. So this is maya, in this world we see a perverted variety that gives death and pain, in the absolute we will see the real variety with bliss, consciousness and eternity

.That means exploring inside ourself..the ananda never comes from outside...it has to come from within ourself...and we feel it within ourself only. so that means sat-cit- ananda is within us.

--sat ci, ananda is of course with us because our identity of eternal companions ans lovers of god is hidden by maya. But there's not cit in oneness. Cit means consciousness, to know, what you can know if the ultimate reality is oneness without variety. One means lonely. The same for bliss, bliss is given by relationships, variety.. in oneness you can ipotetically have lack of pain, but not bliss. Bliss is given by relationships.. and One means lonely, in loneliness there's no bliss

we tend to believe that we are shadow...forgeting our true nature...we have to just remove that shadow...than we see ...

--our relationship with the absolute, that's eternal... god is eternal, his relationships are eternal, the object and subjects of this relationships are eternal, so we and god are eternal... not that i became one and before we had two individuals, me and god, then only one.. god is eternal, his parts are eternal too

jaya sri krsna bhagavan

"Have you noticed the flaw

in that Buddha's sculpture?

It smiles in meditative pose, but

reflects: 'why does world suffer?'

The wise man pats me on the back

and says: 'It's no fault, my dear,

when a thought finds its answer

it turns into a smiling demeanour'."

--

The Bhagavad Gita, The Song Celestial. It is primarily a story of Sri Krishna, the Lords messenger in human embodiment, and Arjuna, the disciple. The dialogue between them is spread over 18 chapters.

From chapter one to 10 of the Gita, Lord Krishna replied to a plethora of questions from Arjuna. This constituted verbal education. This, however, did not quiet the agitated, confused and wavering mind of Arjuna. Replies generated further questions. Though the answering authority was Lord Himself, verbal knowledge could not satisfy, convince and pacify the flustered mind of Arjuna. Arjuna identified Krishna as merely a physical body. All exhortations and teachings of Lord did not yield any lasting effect. This was in reality a divine sport of the Lord in human embodiment. He wanted to show to mankind that attainment of God is beyond verbal knowledge. Lord thus showed to posterity the limited value of theory and mere sermonizing.

If krishna is GOD he should have cleard all doubts of Arjuna in merely one word!!It is possible to GOD!!.

Eventually Lord blessed Arjuna with the divine eye and showed him His cosmic form - the transcendental reality. Arjuna exclaimed on initiation, "If hundreds of thousands of suns rose up at once into the sky, they might resemble the effulgence of the Supreme Lord in that universal form" (Gita, Chapter 11, Verse 12). Physical eyes can just see the outward form. The inner soul can be practically perceived by the eye of spirit.

If at that time krishna showed cosmic form....than we have to think its possible to show it in this human body only....

If he has not showed it....Then who is that showed that universal form??...someone other than krishna...?? who is GOD??.Is that krishna was just a messenger...or a divine person....person realized the God??.

If he is just a messenger there is no meaning in worshiping the krishna?...messenger...otherwise we can directly worship so called supreme God....??

THE GOD used sri krishna as messenger to reveal the ultimate TRUTH.Is Krishna and GOD are same?.if you say yes that krishna was humanbeing at that time(According to you having brahman and supreme brahman in his body, he should have had both, as he had the physical body...

or he is that of special kind as he only had supremebrahman...then he should not have had the physical body...)

That means other humanbeings are also GOD..including arjuna...so you have to accept advaita!!...if you say both are different ....that is dvaita....but krishna is not GOD??.

LOVE,

Ranjan Bhandari

How can the supreme be illuded by maya? is maya the supreme?

The same old question of you ,is back to you..

If krishna is God....how he can live under maya...in the form of human being....if he can...that means it must be possible for all other people too...If its just play to krishna as supreme soul....why it can't hold true for others too?? why we cann't apply the same logic???.

Whatever the reason he came to earth...here he limited himself...he limited himself in this word....he became sansari too...is that he is just another person with some magical powers ? Thats all??

If he is supreme...and limited himself according to his wish...it may hold true for others too...we came here with our own wish....we are all GOD??

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Love

Ranjan Bhandari

Guest guest

1.Why should we reach the Supreme Soul

2.If everything in this world is a part of the Supreme soul then why do I have to think about reaching it ,why do I have to think about Good and bad ,after all everything is being done by the Supreme soul himself.

Guest guest

Arjuna identified Krishna as merely a physical body

--not true.. arjuna has transcendental knowledge, he's friend of sri krsna bhagavan, relative and friend of devatas, favoured by sri siva, so he cannot miss His identity... gita is written to teach us, not to tech to arjuna, he does not need it, he make a lila

If krishna is GOD he should have cleard all doubts of Arjuna in merely one word!!It is possible to GOD!!.

--as i have said the teachings are actually for us... but , as you have said, krsna can give us knowledge in a second without vedas, puranas, upanishads, bible, quran and so on. The fact is that god has with us a love relationship. Love is freedom, so krsna give us the freedom to go away from him building for us the material world and blinding us through maya that we belong to this world. Then he grants us the freedom to come back to him... and freedom is not to force us to come back in vaikunta.. freedom is a school with the possibility to follow and gradually to develope the taste of coming back

so krsna can deliver anyone in a millisecond, but he respects our freedom to forget him and to remain conditioned by maya, giving at the same time the possibility to use freedom in the right way

this is the greatness of god.. he is free and we are free because he gives us freedom

"If at that time krishna showed cosmic form....than we have to think its possible to show it in this human body only...."

--krsna has not human body, he's god.. so krsna's form is sat cit ananda, transcendental body.. and visva rupa is transcendental body , sat cit ananda. One who shows universal form is god, and god is never prisoner of a human mortal body. So if you admit that visva(=universal)rupa(=form) is a divine form, you have to admit that also krsna rupa(=form) can be divine. So if rupa exist, if there's transcendental form, form, mouth, face, hands, legs, feets, eyes are meant to perform actions, to relationate, so ONENESS is not true... we and god are eternally united because our existence depends by him but simultaneously we are different for the purpose of having relationships

Then who is that showed that universal form??...someone other than krishna...??

--universal form, by universal person... bhagavan (the one who as all the features(all the features of the countless forms of universal form)) sri krishna (the all attractive because he possess all the qualities of bhagavan)

Is Krishna and GOD are same?.

--yes krsna says in gita to be the source of all avataras and brahman

if you say yes that krishna was humanbeing at that time

-- no not human body... visva rupa is a transcendental body, krsna rupa is a transcendental body... if body exists in the conditioned world, surely it exists also in the absolute state, in the matter the body is birth, death, suffering.... in the transcendence body is satcitananda, in transcendence there's no difference between body and soul, all is transcendental

That means other humanbeings are also GOD

--god because they are made by god, but not god because subordinated to krsna directly or indirectly through maya

.so you have to accept advaita!!...

-- i accept advaita and dvaita in the sense that we are simultaneously different and non different at the same time. Dvaita is a problem because he speaks of a totally different nature, advaita is a problem because it does not consider that necessarily there's variety also at the absolute stage.

So "acynthia beda abeda tattva" different and simultaneously non different

but krishna is not GOD??.

--yes... sat, cit , ananda rupa.... not human, god cannot be conditioned by a human body, god is transcendental body

Whatever the reason he came to earth...here he limited himself...he limited himself in this word...

--no, also earth is made of brahman, transcendence...

material universe is a section of spiritual universe as the prison is a land and building inside the state, not outside ,

we live it as material because illuded and fooled by maya... krsna is transcendental and he walks in transcendence, so under his lotus feet everything come back to his original transcendental status

he became sansari too...

--human birth and death? not true

we came here with our own wish....we are all GOD??

--no, because we have the wish, but he is god who fulfill our desire to misuse the freedom, or to use the freedom when we desire to go back to him. And god does not forget and he has no need to learn that he's god.... we, illuded by maya, became ignorants, god is eternally CIT

(your objections are getting more interesting... namaste!!!)

Guest guest

1.Why should we reach the Supreme Soul

--because we search every second of the day SAT(life), CIT(knowledge), ANANDA(happyness) and we are frustrated because these desires that we have well clear and manifest in our mind cannot be fulfilled in this material world that is made of DEATH, IGNORANCE and UNHAPPINESS.

We cannot really create anything, even fantasy, so these ideas of sat cit ananda have to exist in their complete manifestation somewhere. This somewhere is spiritual world (sometimes called paradise by other religions), the owner of supreme world is supreme soul, bhagavan, god

2.If everything in this world is a part of the Supreme soul then why do I have to think about reaching it

---because we previously have voluntarily come to this world to forget god and to be us the supreme, so god has granted to us this freedom making us forgetful of him and of our real nature as his sons. So now we have to make a big effort to come back because you have rightly said that all is part of supreme, but we now are illuded to think that there's not any supreme and all is death and pain

why do I have to think about Good and bad

--good is to remember god, bad is to have forgotten him... and doing bad actions, disturbing others in their way of life, makes us more forgetful of our nature as sons fo god

after all everything is being done by the Supreme soul himself.

--yes, your girlfriend can give you kicks or kisses, what you like more?

(nice questions, you made them to ranjanbandari, but you will excuse me, they were interesing and i have answered)

Q1.Why should we reach the Supreme Soul.

Answer: If you say "Why should we reach the Supreme Soul?, That means you are thinking that there is some destination out there called "Supreme soul".There is no destination as such its just a process....For the soul(Brahman) there is neither birth nor death at any time....He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing.....its just as simple as he started nowhere, and ending nowhere....it just all the same...GOD.

We see the difference just because of maya. Its not reaching...its realizing our own true self.

1."na jayate mriyate va kadacin

nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah

ajo nityah sasvato ’yam purano

na hanyate hanyamane sarire"

2."vasamsi jirnani yatha vihaya

navani grhnati naro ’parani

tatha sarirani vihaya jirnany

anyani samyati navani dehi

As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.

Soul changes its material Body in the process of realization..Body cann't stop soul...Soul stops changing body once it will understand its true natrue...That is Realization.

It is not reaching something ...Its about self realization.to be one with that great ocean...ocean of knowledge...ocean of self realization.

Q2:If everything in this world is a part of the Supreme soul then why do I have to think about reaching it ,why do I have to think about Good and bad ,after all everything is being done by the Supreme soul himself.

Answer:As i said before its not about reaching...its all about realizing.

There is nothing called Good and Bad...If everything is GOD..Everything must be GOD...Good and Bad its all in our mind....God (Brahman) is uneffected by Good and Bad...

Killing some other animal may be BAD for humanbeing...But the same thing "Killing" is considerd natural for Tigers ...It s not Bad for them ...They can't eat grass...they kill because for their food.But this is not manava dharma.

Good an Bad is bonded itself with this samsara..Good is a Golden chain and Bad is a steel chain...but both are chains which limits us in to this maya or sansara...True sanyasi has to come out from both of this...GOD is much superior than good and bad....its a state of ultimate realization.

Maya itself is a self-imposed process by God(Brahman).which is shadow of God...But not God.

Guest guest

If you say "Why should we reach the Supreme Soul?, That means you are thinking that there is some destination out there called "Supreme soul".There is no destination as such its just a process...

--and it is so... it is very easy to know that we are not god, and god is a person that we have to know and search with the help of spiritual science

.For the soul(Brahman) there is neither birth nor death at any time....He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing..

--ever existing means that we do not became one with god, but he existence of both is eternal

supported by the bhagavad gita verse you have brought... na jayate mryate.. no one takes birth.. no one dies

There is nothing called Good and Bad...

--bad is separation to god..

GOD is much superior than good and bad....its a state of ultimate realization.

--but if you do not realize the basic morality it is not possible to reach this state, it is not possible to bypass artificially morality, dharma, to put ourselves in a higher stage

Maya itself is a self-imposed process by God(Brahman).which is shadow of God...But not God.

--illogic, god cannot be illuded by maya, and brahman is god

Q1:"gita is written to teach us, not to teach to arjuna, he does not need it, he make a lila"

If He doesn't need it , why Arjuna Became helpless in between the battlefield?.

Q2:"if there's transcendental form, form, mouth, face, hands, legs, feets, eyes are meant to perform actions, to relationate, so ONENESS is not true..."

aneka-vaktra-nayanam

anekadbhuta-darshanam

aneka-divyabharanam

divyanekodyatayudham

divya-malyambara-dharam

divya-gandhanulepanam

sarvascarya-mayam devam

anantam vishvato-mukham

Arjuna saw in that universal form unlimited mouths, unlimited eyes, unlimited wonderful visions. The form was decorated with many celestial ornaments and bore many divine upraised weapons. He wore celestial garlands and garments, and many divine scents were smeared over His body. All was wondrous, brilliant, unlimited, all-expanding.

Well, i do believe in the viswarupa,But how you can say that

Whtever Arjuna saw is true?,ornaments...weapons...garments..

Scents..??...which these all are related to material world how you can impose these all on Godly power!!.Arjuna lived in mahabarata age...and that time ornaments..weapons...garments....scents considerd as the superior material...and Arjunas thinking was so limited that

He limited the GOD in some materalistic things...its the way Arjuna visualized the viswarupa...it may not be the exact visvarupa what has he seen...the real thing was beyond his thinking of his body....At that time the above described material things considerd supreme..and unlimited eyes...faces...hands...which was unbelievable, never seen before for the people of mahabarata.and this is the way Arjuna described visvarupa...It was in accordance with the Age of mahabarata....which may not be exactly true as the real one what actually showed to him.

If I sae the same viswarupa today...i may visualize it in different way....like formless...infinite god....one god...or a person having nuclear weapons, mobile phone everywhere...super computers eveyrwhere....or UFOs....it has to be in that form which should be unbelievable for Todays Generation...then only people are going to believe....Again which may not be true.The reality is something else than what Arjuna saw...we cann't exactly say what he saw is right.What do you say guest??.

q3:"krsna has not human body, he's god" But as much as i heard he took birth in a prision lived as a Godperson,Messenger (Not GOD)and died in the hands of a hunter in a jungle??.

Can you answer me please?

Love

Ranjan Bhandari

You said "i accept advaita and dvaita in the sense that we are simultaneously different and non different at the same time. Dvaita is a problem because he speaks of a totally different nature, advaita is a problem because it does not consider that necessarily there's variety also at the absolute stage.

So "acynthia beda abeda tattva" different and simultaneously non different'"

The Theory which i believe goes right with both dvaita and advaita....I said...its like water stream becoming a pond...a pond in to lake....lake in to a river....river in to infinite ocean....Here , this Theory supports dvaita as water stream,pond,lake, river and ocean different things But it supports advaita too...by saying behind all these only one thing is there called Water.

Now at the last stage..ocean will have the water variety of lake pond and river but they are all ONE.

In the same way Soul changes differnt bodies..from small insect to a humanbeing and others in different stage of evolution ...Soul shows his power according to the body its in...it will show the better things when it will get the better body.......but finaly, after having these varites also...it will realize its true nature and it will become one with the supreme.

Is that hold true for both advaita and dvaita??

Love

Ranjan Bhandari

Guest guest

If He doesn't need it , why Arjuna Became helpless in between the battlefield?.

--lila.. all the activities of maha bhagavatas are to show the way to common people

Well, i do believe in the viswarupa

--so you belive in rupa... not advaita

Whtever Arjuna saw is true?,ornaments...weapons...garments..

Scents..??..

--all was true, this vision was given by krsna and arjuna is an eternally realized soul, so there's no maya in this vision

which these all are related to material world how you can impose these all on Godly power!!

--god has everything, is everything.. so what's the difficulty to say that god is the form of universe? there's nothing to impose, god is already in this way

Arjuna lived in mahabarata age...and that time ornaments..weapons...garments....scents considerd as the superior material...

--material and spiritual is a disticntion of how you use god's energy... so 1)if you have scents in material world, you will have also scents in the spiritual one.. maya is subordinated to (param) brahman, she's inferior, she cannot give what there's not already in krsna bhagavan

Arjuna described visvarupa...It was in accordance with the Age of mahabarata....which may not be exactly true as the real one what actually showed to him.

--arjuna as relative of sri krsna , deva and son of devata, he cannot be illuded by maya.. so his vision of visvarupa is exact... i do not remember anything that cannot be judged now out of time

If I sae the same viswarupa today...i may visualize it in different way....like formless

--visva-rupa... universal-form.... formless is not rupa. If you see the void you are not saying any rupa and if you see oneness it is not true because oneness and void cannot be seen. If you see the void it means that there's you and the void so you are filling it, if you see oneness it is no more oneness because there's two... you and the oneness... twoness :-)

we cann't exactly say what he saw is right.What do you say guest??.

--we now that what he said is the real thing because he has no maya and the giver of that darshnan, krsna, has no maya.. so he has seen right. We can see the visvarupa, krsna rupa, brahman, paramatma and realize all the teachings of gita if we follow seriously a true spiritual path and we surrender to god as arjuna did (sarva dharma...). Now we can understand something from the description... if we do it without speculate

(gita is also technologic... sanjaya who tells the story to duryodana, sees bhagavad gita in a transcendental vision, he's not there, he's connected via webcam.. gita cam :-) )

q3:"krsna has not human body, he's god" But as much as i heard he took birth in a prision lived as a Godperson,Messenger (Not GOD)and died in the hands of a hunter in a jungle??.

--the things have to be viewed as a whole.. if you examine the birth you see that it is not at all a common human birth, and if you see the death it is not possible to the powerful krsna, killer of countless demons to be killed by an arrow... in a foot. So if you take krsna's life as a whole, it is clear that everything is a lila to delight devotees and to put in confusion materialists

and... if you do not trust in krsna and gita, why you bring them in demonstration of your theories? speak of logic. It seems to me that when you cannot use logic, you deny logic and you jump in religion, when religion is not enough, you deny also religion.. decide. I have no difficulty in speak without scripture backing. These subjects are very basic, there's no need of such great science to demonstrate and understand

you do not trust krsna? no problem, use rationality!!

Here , this Theory supports dvaita as water stream,pond,lake, river and ocean different things But it supports advaita too...by saying behind all these only one thing is there called Water.

--i would be very happy if at ths point of discussion we discover to be right.. but it seems to me that until now you have considered ONENESS the absolute and variety as maya, illusion.... my point is that they are both transcendental and eternal. We are one with god because we are made of god's energy, but we are not god because we are subjected to god's energies and because variety is the source of actions, relationships and feelings.. these feelings are sat, cit, ananda... it is not possible to be sat cit ananda in the ONENESS, because there's nothing to know and no reason to be blissful. NIR-VANA is NO-PAIN.. not BLISS

Now at the last stage..ocean will have the water variety of lake pond and river but they are all ONE.

--acynthia beda abeda means that oneness and variety exist at the highst stage. If the highest stage for you is oneness, we do not agree at all

Is that hold true for both advaita and dvaita??

--no.. a dvaitin will tell you that oneness is maya and and the truth is only dualism.. i say that oneness and dualism coexist forever in the way i have already xplained (from sri chaitanya mahaprabhu)

if you think to have created a new religion... sorry but it is regular new ageish advaita..

jaya sri krsna, jaya sri bhagavad gita!!

(love and peace also from me!!.. to you, to your friends, relatives, family... haribol)

"The Divinity is best manifest as human consciousness. Hence it is logical and rational to 'worship God in each human face' rather than try to find Him in icons and images, temples and buildings, scriptures and books."

LOVE

Ranjan Bhandari

Guest guest

"The Divinity is best manifest as human consciousness.

--but it is the divinity who decides to be manifest in me and you... human is subjected to forget, it means that he's not god and he cannot manifestate god

Hence it is logical and rational to 'worship God in each human face' rather than try to find Him in icons and images, temples and buildings, scriptures and books."

--you have gone at the opposite side... to see god everywhere you do not see god where he really is

so you have fallen in the normal danger of advaitin.... atheism

you "god is everywhere" has turned in "god is nowhere"

bye

Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God. Intellect is like limbs without the power of locomotion. It is only when feeling enters and gives them motion that they move and work on others. That is so all over the world, and it is a thing which you must always remember. It is one of the most practical things in Vedantic morality, for it is the teaching of the Vedanta that you are all prophets, and all must be prophets. The book is not the proof of your conduct, but you are the proof of the book. How do you know that a book teaches truth? Because you are truth and feel it. That is what the Vedanta says. What is the proof of the Christs and Buddhas of the world? That you and I feel like them.

Take the idea of sin. I was telling you just now the Vedantic idea of it, and the other idea is that man is a sinner. They are practically the same, only the one takes the positive and the other the negative side. One shows to man his strength and the other his weakness. There may be weakness, says the Vedanta, but never mind, we want to grow. Disease was found out as soon as man was born. Everyone knows his disease; it requires no one to tell us what our diseases are. But thinking all the time that we are diseased will not cure us--medicine is necessary. We may forget anything outside, we may try to become hypocrites to the external world, but in our heart of hearts we all know our weaknesses. But, says the Vedanta, being reminded of weakness does not help much; give strength, and strength does not come by thinking of weakness all the time. The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength. Teach men of the strength that is already within them. Instead of telling them they are sinners, the Vedanta takes the opposite position, and says, "You are pure and perfect, and what you call sin does not belong to you." Sins are very low degrees of Self-manifestation; manifest your Self in a high degree. That is the one thing to remember; all of us can do that. Never say, "No", never say, "I cannot", for you are infinite. Even time and space are as nothing compared with your nature. You can do anything and everything, you are almighty.

This Atman is first to be heard of." Hear day and night that you are that Soul. Repeat it to yourselves day and night till it enters into your very veins, till it tingles in every drop of blood, till it is in your flesh and bone. Let the whole body be full of that one ideal, "I am the birthless, the deathless, the blissful, the omniscient, the omnipotent, ever-glorious Soul." Think on it day and night; think on it till it becomes part and parcel of your life. Meditate upon it, and out of that will come work. "Out of the fullness of the heart the mouth speaketh," and out of the fullness of the heart the hand worketh also. Action will come. Fill yourselves with the idea; whatever you do, think well on it. All your actions will be magnified, transformed, deified, by the very power of the thought. If matter is powerful, thought is omnipotent. Bring this thought to bear upon your life, fill yourselves with the thought of your almightiness, your majesty, and your glory. Would to God no superstitions had been put into your head! Would to God we had not been surrounded from our birth by all these superstitious influences and paralysing ideas of our weakness and vileness! Would to God that mankind had had an easier path through which to attain to the noblest and highest truths! But man had to pass through all this; do not make the path more diffcult for those who are coming after you.

Do good if you can, but do not injure the world. You know in your inmost heart that many of your limited ideas, this humbling of yourself and praying and weeping to imaginary beings are superstitions. Tell me one case where these prayers have been answered. All the answers that came were from your own hearts. You know there are no ghosts, but no sooner are you in the dark than you feel a little creepy sensation. That is so because in our childhood we have had all these fearful ideas put into our heads. But do not teach these things to others through fear of society and public opinion, through fear of incurring the hatred of friends, or for fear of losing cherished superstitions. Be masters of all these. What is there to be taught more in religion than the oneness of the universe and faith in one's self? All the works of mankind for thousands of years past have been towards this one goal, and mankind is yet working it out. It is your turn now and you already know the truth. For it has been taught on all sides. Not only philosophy and psychology, but materialistic sciences have declared it. Where is the scientific man today who fears to acknowledge the truth of this oneness of the universe? Who is there who dares talk of many worlds? All these are superstitions. There is only one life and one world, and this one life and one world is appearing to us as manifold. This manifoldness is like a dream. When you dream one dream passes away and another comes. You do not live in your dreams. The dreams come one after another, scene after scene unfolds before you. So it is in this world of ninety per cent misery and ten per cent happiness. Perhaps after a while it will appear as ninety per cent happiness, and we shall call it heaven, but a time comes to the sage when the whole thing vanishes, and this world appears as God Himself, and his own soul as God. It is not therefore that there are many worlds, it is not that there are many lives. All this manifoldnessis the manifestation of that One. That One is manifesting Himself as many, as matter, spirit, mind, thought, and everything else. It is that One, manifesting Himself as many. Therefore the first step for us to take is to teach the truth to ourselves and to others.

That is how you and I understand that they were true. Our prophet-soul is the proof of their prophet-soul. Your godhead is the proof of God Himself. If you are not a prophet, there never has been anything true of God. If you are not God, there never was any God, and never will be. This, says the Vedanta, is the ideal to follow. Every one of us will have to become a prophet, and you are that already. Only know it. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin--to say that you are weak, or others are weak.

Love with Svnda

Ranjan Bhandari

Guest guest

Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha.

--no it is not true, if i feel like president bush or britney spears i am not them at all. With god i think that it is more difficult

It is only when feeling enters and gives them motion that they move and work on others.

--feeling is nothing more than a more fast intellect.. and if you despise intellect why are you writing in a forum? if you use intellect to convince people that intellect does not work you are not coherent

How do you know that a book teaches truth?

--making experience of what is written or having faith in people who i trust who have experienced what it is written in the book

What is the proof of the Christs and Buddhas of the world? That you and I feel like them.

--and it is a big problem.. to think that if they appear as common men they are and act like common men and that we can understand them easily

But thinking all the time that we are diseased will not cure us--medicine is necessary.

--of course, who said the opposite?

The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength.

--yes, illusion is a great weakness, to think that we are god is a great illusion

Teach men of the strength that is already within them.

--the strenght is from the fact that we are parts and parcels of god and that we are united with him in an eternal loving realtionship... where's the weakness?

"You are pure and perfect, and what you call sin does not belong to you." Sins are very low degrees of Self-manifestation; manifest your Self in a high degree.

--very nice.. so let us manifest our highest degree of god's lovers in vaikunta.. why going on on this terrible illusion to be god? even a baby when he calls the mother knows that he's not the supreme. otherwise he would not call

You can do anything and everything, you are almighty.

--no, if i do not remember to be almighty i am not almighty. Omnipotent means to be the master of all the powers, if maya power can illude me i am not the master, not omnipotent, not allmighty, not god.

Repeat it to yourselves day and night till it enters into your very veins, till it tingles in every drop of blood, till it is in your flesh and bone.

--try to repeat "i am the president of USA" if it is so easy to become god, what for a very little thing like being the president of a state in a little planet?

You know in your inmost heart that many of your limited ideas, this humbling of yourself and praying and weeping to imaginary beings are superstitions

--supersition or fanaticism is when one has some beliefs and he cannot sustein them in a discussion with logic.. it is not my case, maybe yours

Tell me one case where these prayers have been answered.

--one of the facts that gives to me faith in what i study and practice is that people like you start to speak with flowery and poetic words and a little question from my philosophy is enough to put them in chrisis : "how can god, who is eternally conscious, forget to be god? how can maya who is created by god, illude god himself?"... you have never answered... you are only explaining for the 347th time the advaita philosopy that i know already

What is there to be taught more in religion than the oneness of the universe and faith in one's self?

--the truth, this thing you want to teach is the illusion who keep us entangled in this conditioned state.. so it is not at all to be taught

Where is the scientific man today who fears to acknowledge the truth of this oneness of the universe?

--many.. and me too.. but oneness in asense and variety in another.. better yu read people when you discuss.. otherwise why discuss?

You do not live in your dreams

--you maybe

Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so.

--if we are linked with the one who has the power there's nothing impossible.. but if we take out the power cord thinking that we are the ones producing the electricity it is a great mistake

if your faith is so strong what is the problem to answer point to point instead of giving to me another explanation on the advaitism concept tht i already know and to say your opinion on scriptures that, when it is useful for you, you show to despise?

"Each soul is a circle whose circumference is nowhere (limitless) but whose centre is in some body. Death is but a change of centre. God is a circle whose circumference is nowhere, and whose centre is everywhere. When we get out of the limited centre of the body, we shall realize God, our true Self."