IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Mind Block

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think people have to be open.I belive they have phsycological wall that prevent them from seeing further and being stubborn.Only foolish people will belive out of the whole world only Gods were sent in India.Come on we are all Humans arn't we.Truth can be found when we go to a mountain or a cave in nature if we sincerly search for the Truth.I bet not so called "Hindhus" by name knows nothing about Sanskrit.If you had love for Truth you would learn it and its roots.So basically I belive that all your belives are built in Clouds.Commonsense will tell if there is God he would touch all in the world like the Sun which rays that reaches every point.Not only in India.

Sri Ramakrishna the Great devotee of Kali said when I saw her she was neither a she or he it was nothing.God is you pick up the water from the pond that is dirty and murky but see it under the sun and you would see it colorless.That is God. If you know Sanskrit then you should know my name.

Guest guest

I feal you.All my life Ive observed people who are so closedminded to what is really out there that they end up blocking the truth out.Me personally, ever scince a young age have seeked the truth, and some how anything that I have questioned I have got answered, in all kinds of different ways and forms.One thing that I do know is that the way I recieved them was from being open to any and all possibilities.

No1isAnyonesFriend

No1isAnyonesEnemy

It is what your inner conscience tells you and not what others tell you to believe. Each religion has its own division of belief. In Christianity there are so many division and so is in Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism. It is up to each individual to reason out and discover the truth. Take what is essential for our life and that can be found in most religions. To lead a righteous life one must do good not only to his own family and friend but also to those you do not know. Such as seeing someone lying bleed on the road after a hit and run accident. As manu dharmam you have to lend a helping hand irrespective of his race, caste, religion or status. Charity is a must and it does not matter if you can only spare a dollar or a rupee to some one in need of it. Give whatever you can according to your means to the needy. Involve yourself in service oriented organisation and do seva. Do not neglect in your prayers to paray for the needy and sick.

If you read the manu dharma you will know how to lead your life so that your next life would more meaningful. All one need is peace at heart to have a righteous life. Life itself is a mystery and to discover the truth is a greater mystery. If your mind is not focused it can confuse you and drive you crazy so, do not allow others influnce. Just focus your mind towards the Creator and soon you will find the answer.

Guest guest

What you say is correct. But some religions like ISlam are so dogmatic, any question you ask against what is said will make you a Kafir and you are doomed to death.

I believe hinduism is a bit tolerant and allows a lot of personal freedom.

Guest guest

the earth is

filled with curses

but the worst is

these hurses

please bring this to an end so we can finally reverse this

everyone disperses

amongst the earths surface

searchin for a purpose

take a look at who created this

the universe we're made of this

its expandin within us

along with outside us

no Im not imaginatin this

our seeds are liven in us

and it takes love to devide us

and thats where the penatration is

the next generation lives

thats where the information is

hopefully they can experiece what liberation is

give a mental patient this if you want em cured

but a sane persons anticipation gives when its herd

try to think about how many of these people have returned

then think about how many days the suns aleady burned

this is the 3rd world it seems like no1 is concerned

when the out come of the future gets digested by worms

tryin to graph out

the design of truth

tryin to map out

its devided roots

so we can get under the shade from the lies that blind the youth

no matter what in you they try to induce inside ya minds the proof

Guest guest

Is Jesus the only way?

People sometimes object to the Christian belief that salvation is available only through Jesus Christ. In our pluralistic society, tolerance is expected, even demanded, and the concept of freedom of religion (which permits all religions) is sometimes misinterpreted to mean that all religions are somehow equally true.

All paths lead to the same God, some say, as if they have traveled all of them and have come back from the destination. They are not tolerant of the narrow-minded folks who believe in only one way, and they object to evangelism, for example, as an insulting attempt to change the beliefs of other people. Yet they themselves want to change the beliefs of people who believe in only one way.

What about it—does the Christian gospel really teach that Jesus is the only way of salvation?

Other religions

Most religions are exclusive. Orthodox Jews claim to have the true path. Muslims claim to have the best revelation of God. Hindus believe that they are right, and Buddhists believe what they do, not surprisingly, because they think it is right. Even the modern pluralists believe that pluralism is more right than other ideas.

All paths do not lead to the same God. The different religions even describe different gods. The Hindu has many gods, and describes salvation as a return to nothingness—certainly a different destination than the Muslim emphasis on monotheism and heavenly rewards. Neither the Muslim nor the Hindu would agree than their paths eventually lead to the same destination. They would rather fight than switch, and the Western pluralists would be dismissed as condescending and uninformed, and an offense to the faiths that the pluralists do not want to offend.

We believe that the Christian gospel is correct, while at the same time allowing people to not believe it. As we understand it, faith requires that people have liberty not to believe.

But while we affirm the right for people to believe as they decide, this does not mean that we believe all faiths are true. Allowing other people to believe as they wish does not mean that we have to quit believing that Jesus is the only way of salvation.

Biblical claims

Jesus’ earliest disciples tell us that he claimed to be the one and only path to God. He said, If you don’t follow me, you will not be in the kingdom of God (Matthew 7:26-27). If you reject me, you will not be with me in eternity (Matthew 10:32-33).

Jesus said that God "has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him" (John 5:22-23). Jesus claimed to be the exclusive means of truth and salvation. People who reject him are also rejecting God.

"I am the light of the world," he said (John 8:12). "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well" (John 14:6-7). People who claim that there are other ways to salvation are wrong, Jesus said.

Peter was equally blunt when he told the Jewish leaders, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Paul also made it clear when he said that people who did not know Christ were "dead in your transgressions and sins" (Ephesians 2:1). They had no hope, and despite their religious beliefs, they did not have God (verse 12). There is only one Mediator, he said—only one way to get to God (1 Timothy 2:5). Jesus was the ransom that everyone needed (1 Timothy 4:10). If there were any other law, or any other path that offered salvation, then God would have done it (Galatians 3:21).

It is through Christ that the world is reconciled to God (Colossians 1:20-22). Paul was called to spread the gospel among the gentiles. Their religion, he said, was worthless (Acts 14:15). It is like the book of Hebrews says: Christ is not just better than other paths—he is effective whereas they are not (Hebrews 10:11). It is an all-or-nothing difference, not one of relative benefit.

The Christian teaching of exclusive salvation is based on what Jesus himself said, and what the Scriptures teach. And this is tightly linked to who Jesus is, and our need for grace.

Our need for grace

The Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God in a unique way. As God in the flesh, he gave his life for our salvation. Jesus prayed for some other way, but there was none (Matthew 26:39). Salvation comes to us only through God himself entering the human world to suffer the consequences of sin, absorbing the penalty himself, to free us from it, as his gift to us.

Most religions teach some form of works as the path of salvation—saying the right prayers, doing the right things, hoping it will be enough. They teach that people can be good enough if they try hard enough. But Christianity teaches that we all need grace because we cannot be good enough no matter what we do or how hard we try.

It is impossible for both ideas to be true at the same time. The doctrine of grace teaches, whether we like it or not, that no other paths lead to salvation.

Future grace

What about people who die without hearing about Jesus? What about the people who lived before Jesus was born, in a land thousands of miles away? Do they have any hope?

Yes—precisely because the Christian gospel is the gospel of grace. People are saved by God’s grace, not by pronouncing the name "Jesus" or having special knowledge or special formulas. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, whether they know it or not (2 Corinthians 5:14; 1 John 2:2). His death was an atoning sacrifice for everyone—past, present, future, Palestinian or Peruvian.

We are confident that God is true to his word when he says he "wants everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). Although his ways and times may often be invisible to us, we nonetheless trust him to love the humans he has made.

Jesus said plainly: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him" (John 3:16-17).

We believe that the resurrected Christ has conquered death, and therefore not even death can pose any barrier to his ability to lead people to trust him for salvation.

Certainly, we don’t know the hows or whens, but we can trust his word. Therefore we can believe that one way or another he urges every person who ever lived, or who ever will live, to trust in him for salvation—whether before they die, at the point of death, or even after they are dead. If some people in the last judgment turn to Christ in faith when they at last learn what he has done for them, then he will certainly not turn them away.

But no matter when people are saved, or how well they understand it, it is only through Christ that they can be saved. Well-intentioned good works will never save anyone, no matter how sincerely people believe that they can be saved if they try hard enough.

The whole point of grace, and of Jesus’ sacrifice, is that no amount of good works, no amount of religious deeds, can ever save anyone. If such a path could have been devised, then God would have done it (Galatians 3:21).

If people have sincerely tried to attain salvation by working, meditating, flagellating, self-immolating or any other humanly devised means, then they will learn that their works do not earn them anything with God. Salvation is by grace, and only by grace. The Christian gospel teaches that no one can earn it, and yet it is available to all.

No matter what religious path a person has been on, Christ can rescue them from it and set them on his own path. He is the only Son of God who provided the only atoning sacrifice that everyone needs. He is the unique channel of God’s grace and salvation. This is what Jesus himself taught as true. Jesus is exclusive and inclusive at the same time—the narrow way and the Savior of the entire world—the only way of salvation, yet available for all.

God’s grace, shown most perfectly in Jesus Christ, is exactly what everyone needs, and the good news is that it is freely given to all. It’s great news, and it’s worth sharing—and that is something worth thinking about.

Guest guest

your arguments about Jesus Christ being the only way are based solely on the statements written down as Christ SAYING he's the only way to God. What proof do you have he wasn't a loon? What proof do you have that the gospels are authentic, reliable accounts of what he said? Why does Christ's word have more weight than that of Krishna's? Or that of any other deity's?

Your beliefs are your own, but you have no right to push them on others. Just because you BELIEVE you have a right to push them on others doesn't GIVE you that right.

Guest guest

what if I were to say that the bible is an instument of the devil, not to be offensive, but realisticly speaking.Just an idea,the bible says we are created in Gods image.it says the devil was an angel that served God who got jelous of us people, so God sent him here witch brings us to the fruit(the knowledge of good and evil)that the devil convinced people to eat.So without this knowingwhos to say if this book would even exist.It also says that the devil challenged God saying I can get people to follow me, I can get there worship, so along came this book, in the begining of this book it spoke of alot of things that told the future or said the planets round or whatever, it also spoke of Gods son who will come and save us. when he came he said when you pray to God the Father Pray in my name, pray thru me, so that right there could be the devils plan to get you to praise him "in Jesus name we pray" . Ive herd beforethe biggest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world that he didnt exist, but what if it was that he tried to become your savior to get your worship.N Im not sayin that this is what I believe in, because I dont have a religion, but this is a product of what havin an open mind will do I guess,wether its good or bad it doesnt matter,it was just one idea that came about in my head so I decided to share it, and really you can look at this senario in other religions too. When it all comes down to it , if you can win the battle thats within yourself and find nothing but peace and love in your heart,thats when you've made it , n Im not talking about a heaven or anything like that, because like me personally I dont care if I make it to any such place Ill be satisfide just Knowing that someone did, that there is something better, and I am appriciative and loving to God for what I already have MY LIFE.

No1isAnyonesFriend

No1isAnyonesEnemy