IndiaDivine.org

true path in vedas is advaitha..not vishishthathvaidha or dwaitha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Advaitha says that bhramman isn’t a personal god. It is the only philosophy in the world which says so. Dwaidhis and vishishtathwaidhis will not accept it, but advaita accepts both dwaida and vishisthathvaidha in stages.

We have arguments of who is the real bhramman, Vishnu, shiva, sakthi etc, but what does Vedas say about it? Vedas are clear..all is bhramman. Same bhramman is called by different names.

Does veda say about dwaidha? Yes, but it says about advaitha also. So which is truth/Let us see what veda says about dwaitha and advaitha. Let us see dvaitha first.

“yathrahi dvaitham iva pavathi”—meaning “looks like dwaitha”.

Vedas say that “looks LIKE dwaitha....” Vedas don’t say “it is dwaitha..”. They say ”looks like..”. So Vedas, even though they mention dwaitha, don’t say dwaitha as the final word. And dwaitha is also a step in reaching the advaithic stage.

But Vedas are very clear when they mention advaitha.

“aham bhrammasmi” (soul is bhramman)

“”yathra va sarvam athma eva abooth “(When everything becomes athma)

(note that Vedas did not even say bhrammathma.Just athma. What more proof is needed For validity of advaitha?)

Vedas say further that “when dwaitha is mixed in parabhramman , immediately fear is created” (bhradharanyaham 1.4.2)

“wherever there is dwaitha, there is fear”( dhaithriya 2.7)

“he who prays a god, thinking that it is alien to him, is like a cow” (Bhrahatharanyaha Upanishad 1.4.0)

(Cow was not said in holy meaning. Vedas called him as naïve as a cow)

In no Upanishad is a god said to be superior to another. Upanishads quote the names Vishnu and shiva only once. Mandukya upanishnad says “ The final advaitha stage is shivam” . It calls advaithic stage as shivam and shiva is not mentioned as a personal god.

Katopanishad says “ Thath vishno paramam patham”.

Dwaithis interpreted this as “vishnu’s parama patham”

Advaithis interpret it as “paramapatham which is Vishnu”.

Which is correct? Second one obviously. If first interpretation is correct then it means that “jnanais see ONLY vishnulok and not Vishnu.”

This is not correct. Jnanis will see only Vishnu. Seeing means experiencing here.

“he who sees everything in his athma(anubachyathi), he who sees his athma in everything (anubachyathi), he hates nothing, he fears nothing” says eshavsya.

Here in eshavasyam when it is said that a person experiences advaitha it is said that he sees advaitha. The word used here is “pachyathi”, means “sees”. So we can see that the kadopanishad slogan should not be experienced as “seeing” Vishnu, but as “experiencing” Vishnu.

The root meaning for the word Vishnu itself is “one who is everywhere”.

If one is everywhere it cannot be in personal form alone. It can only be an impersonal god.

So we can see that advaitha is the ultimate truth given in Vedas. If we have to argue otherwise we can only say that “Vedas lie” or “The segments mentioning Vishnu only is correct and other segments aren’t correct. Or ‘vedas are contradictory’, which aint correct.

Parabhramma is Vishnu, parabhramma is shivan.

Guest guest

Dear Priya Vaishnav

Very heartening to find a mail, from a Vaishnav, upholding Advaita.

Sri Krishna is the foremost propounder of Advaita. Gita is the proof.

Dualism is the path but not the goal. Mostly, i find dualists, often irritated. It stems from the perception of difference that they percieve as real and therefore come in conflict.

A true Krishna bhakta will not feel irritated with praise of another, since he will understand that the praise is for Krishna only.

The substratum that upholds everything is eternal one. That's what i have come to see and that's what gives me peace.

Atanu

Guest guest

Sri Krishna is the foremost propounder of Advaita. Gita is the proof.

••i do not think so... krsna clearly discriminates who is him and who is arjuna, he says "think to me", "leave other dharmas and surrender to me"... "i am".. "sri bhagavan uvacha"...

Dualism is the path but not the goal

•••the goal is to reunite ourselves with god in a deep transcendental sentiment of love (bhakti)... we wll be one in love but simultaneously separated to enjoy the difference of our personality

Mostly, i find dualists, often irritated.

••and i find many non dualist fanatically proposing their theory as a conciliation, a union of any other theory without understanding that for many people it is simply a blasphemy, adharma.

So let us learn to live together in harmony, i do not need to unite artificially my conception with yours to be peaceful, I appreciate you even if you think in an opposite way by me

A true Krishna bhakta will not feel irritated with praise of another

••absolutely not.. why feel irritated or envious? there's no reason

since he will understand that the praise is for Krishna only.

••no even in the gita is said that someone praises god, some other devatas, some other phantoms, some other demons.... there's discrimination

The substratum that upholds everything is eternal one

••for me, for gita and the vedas this substratus is sri krishna bhagavan

that's what i have come to see and that's what gives me peace.

•••no problems.... if you want to discuss you can, if you want to remain sure and not verify rationally and scripturally your sentiment you have the right to do it

"wherever there is dwaitha, there is fear"

••sometimes fear helps to have a good behaviour, to avoid sins... and advaita sometimes helps rascals to do and say anything because all is the same, without distinctions from moral to immoral, good and bad, master and pupil, god and human

so, better than nothing, better than anarchy and the illusion to be god ourselves is better to have fear of god

Guest guest

Jai Ganesh

Dear Antanu

RE

(Sri Krishna is the foremost propounder of Advaita. Gita is the proof.)

Bg.2.12

na tv evaham jatu nasam

na tvam neme janadhipah

na caiva na bhavisyamah

sarve vayam atah param

Never was there a time when i did not exist, nor you,nor all these kings;nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.

Bg4.5

sri bhagvan uvaca

bahuni me vyatitani janmani tava carjuna

tany aham veda sarvani na tvam vettha parantapa

Bhagvan said

Many,many births both you and i have passed.I can remember all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy.

WE jivas are part of the supreme Lord,but different from him this is what i understand.

Just as Sankrachariya said in one Bhajan if i can remember correctly.

Me hu sansar ke hatho me sansar tere hatho men.

I am under the control of the sansara,sansara is under your control.

Re

(Dualism is the path but not the goal. Mostly, i find dualists, often irritated. It stems from the perception of difference that they percieve as real and therefore come in conflict)

Bg5.5

One who knows that the position reached by means of analytical study can also be attained by devotional service,and who therefore sees sankhyam and yogam to be on same level, sees things as they are.

RE

(A true Krishna bhakta will not feel irritated with praise of another, since he will understand that the praise is for Krishna only.)

I agree.

Re

(The substratum that upholds everything is eternal one. That's what i have come to see and that's what gives me peace. )

The seer and the the seen are two different thing, i think.

Just as parents responds to chids crying so does the supreme lord,it does not matter what you call him by

A devotee of the lord is fearless,take example of Prahlad,Druv,Markandya to name but a few.

Jai Shre Krishna

advaitis and advaitis both have been slaughtered by the muslim invaders for 1000 years in bharat. both have migrated away from the way of the invaders. so what is the use of fear or no fear? if advaitis are fear less, why they could not finish the invaders?

advaitis can do their meditation fearlessly with closed eyes, and the muslim terrorists will throw a granade at them. What is the use of such fearlessness?

let me say again:

no vedic person has any need to debate within at this time.

get the invaded ideology out of the veidc land, and thus

be free from fear of terrorism.

then we can debate in civil ways as we alwasy have done for milleniums.

a mouse standing before a cat fearlessly cannot help the mouse. get the cat out of your land first.

hope you get the point.

Guest guest

"Let us see what veda says about dwaitha and advaitha."

You may not know, but Acharyas from both sides have gotten into this thouroughly in the past. And guess which side proved the opposition's doctrine to be false each and every time, and to the opposition's satisfactory agreement.

Guest guest

"You may not know, but Acharyas from both sides have gotten into this thouroughly in the past. And guess which side proved the opposition's doctrine to be false each and every time, and to the opposition's satisfactory agreement."

i have to judge with my mind and realizations, and i find the advaita theory incomplete and partial... there's three positions, impersonal is the absolute truth, personal is the absolute truth, nothing is the absolute truth

if you want to promote the tirdh position you are free to do it, but it is a position, not something who makes all happily agree on that matter

Guest guest

No advaitha scholar has been able to defeat dwaitham. this alone proves dwaitham is true.

there are 4 main sampradayas. all other 3 sampradayas share a common belief that personal brahman - vishnu is supreme & these 3 sampradaya scholars have proved advaitham is false.

as said, advaitham is a uncomplete philosophy with no complete explanation about god.

for a layman to get salvation other 3 sampradyas will suit him, not advaitham.

moreover advaitham is not "originally" expounded by adi shankara. adi shankara was inspired from "Vishnuswamis Rudra sampradaya" (shuddha advaita) and expounded advaitham on basis of shuddha-advaita only.

in shuddha-advaita theres no impersonal brahman, only personal brahman & it is mentioned as vishnu.

majority of all sampradyas support vishnu as parabrahma.

what is good in constantly ignoring or telling others to ignore the following facts:

- every one, including you, are living under a government

run by politicians.

- you cannot get good politicians unless you do something directly to help get right people in political positions.

- it is not right to blame all politicians when you did not do anything to stop them from coming to power over you.

- there is kshatriya varna of the society krishna has made.

to convert all (even kshatriyas) to barhmanas does not do any good to the society.

- every verna has equal access and right to go to krishna.

if you are a brahmana, then there is no need to hate the other three varnas. they each have their dharma.

- it is very easy for the asuras to win over and conrol suras like you. they can take away what ever you have, including your life and wife.

- neglecting or ignoring the real danger and doing chanting or meditation or sankirtana cannot help any one.

uttishTha

jAgrata

prApya varAnnibodhata

you are free to neglect politics,

but to me it does not seem wise thing to do.

do as you please.

i can only pary for you.

Guest guest

Madhva,

i have some ugra-narashima kavacha with me. it will protect me & my family from asuras. i only got it today. of course, we have to keep 100% faith in narashima, then only it will work.

i think we dont have to stern ourselves on regarding this asuras other than that.

Guest guest

Jai Ganesh

Jai Shree Krishna Maaadhav

I am with you.

being passive has not served us good.People have walked all over us in the past,we will fail in our duty if we can not protect our Dharma.

Krishna spoke the Gita on the battle field.

Life is a battle within and without.

One has to choose agains good and evil.

What are we doing on this forum except have petty squabbles.

It would be nice if you can recruit some people who are constantly looking to fight,channel their energy in to good cause,like cow protection,stopping conversion etc

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

no problem in speaking of these nationalists subjects, but it is boring seeing them put out every ten minutes..

if we stop to speak of spiritual subjects we willl free india from the invaders to defend hinduism and at that moment we will not remember the principles of the faith we have fought for

Guest guest

"Advaita is the Goal, Dualism is the path"

Devotion to the one without a second Vishnu/Krishna/Rama, who is not subject to the dualities of mahamaya, is the goal. Dwaitha Vada and other Real Vedanta Schools are the path.

Actually Kevala Advaitha alone is dualism. Its philosophy is illusory (mayavada), inconsistent with reality, and un-vedik, thus keeping its practitioner in duality.

Guest guest

"No advaitha scholar has been able to defeat dwaitham. this alone proves dwaitham is true"

Yes, but still unfortunate people fool themselves that advaitha is valid, amazing isn't it?

"advaitham is not "originally" expounded by adi shankara. adi shankara was inspired from "Vishnuswamis Rudra sampradaya" (shuddha advaita) and expounded advaitham on basis of shuddha-advaita only.

in shuddha-advaita theres no impersonal brahman, only personal brahman & it is mentioned as vishnu."

Yes, shankara put a twist on advaitha and invented the perverted un-vedik nastika Kevala Advaitha Vada. Sri Shiva in Padma Purana says its false scripture (asat sastra), un-vedik (avaidikam), and describes the jivatma and para atma to be one and the same. He says it's explaination of Vedanta is un-vedik, but it resembles vedanta which is why many people are fooled by it.