IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

Hyms from Vedas are UNIVERSAL

Rate this topic

May there be peace on earth, peace in the atmosphere and in the heavens. Peaceful be the waters, the herbs and plants. May the Divine bring us peace. May the holy prayers and invocations of peace-liturgies generate ultimate Peace and Happiness everywhere. With these meditations which resolve and dissolve harm, violence, and conflicts, we render peaceful whatever on earth is terrible, sinful, cruel, and violent. Let the earth become fully auspicious, let everything be beneficial to us.

Atharva-Veda, XIX-9

Everything here is verily "Brahman" (the supreme Sacred Divinity). "Atman," the (higher) Self is "Brahman." The Self has four grades (four states of consciousness). The first condition of the Self (state) is the waking life of outward cognition and consciousness (of subject-object, dualistic perception)…. The second state is the inward dream-state cognizing internal objects. The third condition is the deep sleep state, where there are no desires for objects nor any dream-objects, only silent consciousness full of peace and bliss. The fourth (highest) grade of state of consciousness is the (complete) Self (God) in Its own pure state, the fully awakened (and integrated) life of supreme Consciousness. This (fourth) highest ineffable state of the Self is Peace, Love and Bliss, in which the fragmented world-perception disappears, which is the end of evolution, which is the One without a second and non-dual, which should be known, realized and experienced (in Life). In the oneness experience with Him (the Self) lies the ultimate proof of His reality. This "Atman" (Self) is (indicated, symbolized by) the eternal Word OM.

Mandukya Upanishad (most of the verses)

Oh Brahman Supreme! Formless and colorless are you. But in mystery, through your power you transform your light and radiance into many forms and colors in creation. You bring forth the creation and then withdraw them to yourself. Fill us with the grace of your auspicious thoughts and vision…. You are in the woman, in the man. You are in the young boy, in the youthful maiden. You are in the old man who walks with his staff… You are in the dark butterfly, in the green parrot with red eyes… You are without beginning, infinite, beyond time and space. All the worlds had their origins in you.

Svetasvatara Upanishad, IV: 1-4

God reveals in silence through women, men, all life-forms. The above verses validate all the four stages of life and also tilt toward those usually neglected and abused—children, women, and the elderly—by specific scriptural mention. God is equally present in man and woman.

The wise sages shape (and symbolize) the One, with their words and expressions into many forms and manifestations.

Rg-Veda X-114-5

They call and name the One, Indra, Mitra, Varuna, Agni and the beautiful Garutman. The Real is One, though wise sages (perceive in their minds) and name It variously.

Rg-Veda I-164-46

The wise sages shape (and symbolize) the One, with their words and expressions into many forms and manifestations.

Rg-Veda X-114-5

The above and similar hymns categorically declare for the Hindu that God is One, but names and symbols are many, paths and perspectives are many, all to be respected and loved.

In whatever way and path, humans worship Me, in that same path do I (meet) and fulfill their aspirations and grace them. It is always My Path that humans follow in all their different paths and journeys, on all sides.

Bhagavad-Gita IV:11

God's Way is the Way behind all paths and religions.

O Mother! Let all my speech be your prayer; let all my crafts and technology be your worship and be the mystic gestures of my hands, adoring you. May all my movements become your devotional circumambulations. May everything I eat or drink be oblations to you. Let my lying down in rest and sleep be prostrations to you. Mother! Whatever I do, may all that become a sacramental service and worship for you.

Adi Sankara, Hymn to the Divine Mother

Adi Sankara of the eighth century CE here worships God as the Divine Mother, exemplIfying the experience of Hindus who relate to God, the supreme Person, equally in male and female orientations, both as Father and as Mother. This has profound implications for the vision of equality towards and between the sexes.

Guest guest

Great post Barney, this is the real Hinduism I know of, not all these sectarian divisions, though they are but a part.

Manifestations may be infinite, but there is only the ONE!

Guest guest

yeah yeah real flock of sheeps running behind a ignorant person calling himself a baba/guru. so its real hinduism eh???

Guest guest

So are you saying Rig Veda, Upanishads and Gita are books for the ignorant?

That's what the books say, so I take it you find fault with them?

Guest guest

i was quoting barney who was pretending to be a guru in this forum.

because someone in this forum quoted that barney came to this forum to enlighten people.

i am not against vedas, gita & upanishads.

HARI OM.

OM NAMAH SIVAYA

I am no guru or a learnered pundit like you. I'm just like any other simple man on the street. Why are you being sarcastic. Is't that a sin? Be humble and God will show you the light. Being arrogant and egoistic will only blind you inner vision. So, please learn to be humble. I merely post what I feel is spritual knowledge for those who are eager to learn. But since you are an intelletual I think this simple posting is of no use to you. Please do not open any of my postings, which you find is offensive to you belief.

Guest guest

I cannot understand why you single out Barney.

He never said he is a guru.

He has painstakingly collected a lot of vedic verses and posting them here.

You have to appreciate his service.

If you cannot encourage, atleast let got the Critisism, Sarcasm and discouragement.

I am not sure how many of you "frogs in the well" would have heard of these verses at all.

Open up guys. Read a lot of books and try to know more.

Guest guest

<font color="brown">Barneyji,</font color>

<font color="blue">

Your posts are really great. Kindly post more for the 'gyaan-pipasu' (one who is thirsty for knowledge). There is a saying, "When the elephant walks on the street, some straying dogs must bark., but the elephant doesn't care." Please go ahead. Thanks. </font color>

<font color="brown">

Om Namah Shivay ! </font color>