IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hi, i have some questions, can anyone help me?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I stumbled upon a phrase and i've had some trouble finding out what it means. Heh, i believe it is related to hinduism. I am completely ignorant and in search of knowledge. Can someone translate or explain what this means?

Govinda Jaya Jaya, Gopala Jaya Jaya

Nrsingadeva Jaya Nrsingadeva

Gaura Gaura Gaura Hari,

Gaura Hari, Prabhupda, Govindam.

i found some site saying it means "hail to Govinda, hail to Gopala...and so on."

is this true? Are Govinda and Gopala deitys? hmm...i should probably explain myself further. I heard someone say this and it's remarkably beautiful. I'd like to put meaning to the sounds so if anyone call help i will be very grateful. thank you.

jaya means VICTORY.. or GLORY

Govinda is a Supreme Lord's name who means "He who protects cows" and for extension "He who protects all the living beings"

Gopala is another name of the Supreme meaning "cowherd boy". The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna, in some his activities (perhaps the more intimate and blissful) performs a life of a little boy caring for cows.. from this Go-pala or Go-vinda. It is a very complex subject, but very beautiful.. ask more if you have interest.

NrsmhaDeva is another name of God (Krsna/Vishnu) when he comes terrible and fearful with lion head and human body to protect devotees agains demons... ask more if you want

Gaura Hari... (the Golden Supreme) another name of Krishna when he comes 500 years ago in West Bengal in the form of Sri Chaitanya (=supreme consciousness) Mahaprabhu (=supreme master)

Prabhupada is Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada (=all the masters are at his lotus feet) , from Gaudya Vaishnava Sampradaya, one of the most important and most famous "monotheistic" sampradayas (dinasty of masters) in the vedic religions.

Prabhupada is who have brought this spiritual science from india to al over the world... this is commonly called "Hare Krishna Movement", so it's not a new thing, it has a many thousand years tradition

we have introduced also the world VISHNU..... a name of the Supreme Lord who means "The One Who Sustain Everything"

and KRISHNA.... this name of the Lord means : "the all attractive (because The Lord has infinite qualities in unlimited quantity)"

these names are chanted in this way by the band Kulashakers (whose leader is an hare krishna initiated pratictioneer) .... they have their name from the ancient King Kulashekara who was a great devotee and a manifestation of the Supreme Lord appeared in Tamil Nadu State in India..

the simple six words you have brought are the origin or cardinal points of many, important philosophies, religions and ways to live the life.. if you want to get deeper on these subject please ask freely