IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

HOMOSEXUALITY AND HINDUISM

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i personally believe that homosexuality should be accepted by hindus worldwide. personally if hinduism accepts all kinds of philosophical thoughts, then why cant we accept homosexuals? just because ur a man and you fall in love with a man or a woman with a woman doesn;t make you a bad person.

As far as I know, Hinduism doesn't deal with one's sexuality. It has higher purposes. But I cannot think of any reason why one cannot accept Homosexuality. A soul doesn't have any sex. Because it's in a man's body, and prefer a man, it doesn't mean that that soul is doing a crime or something. Once again, I'm not sure of those answers. Someone please tell me if I'm thinking wrongfully.

Guest guest

Jai Ganesh

Sex is for procreation

If you are soul searching than catering for bodily needs specially sense gratification are a hindrance.

Hinduism is based on sacrifice and giving up, in search for truth and real happiness

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

Hinduism goals are kama, dharma, hartha and moksa. Kama is a sense gratification, which can take the form of sexual enjoyment. As such there is no prejudice, against homosexuality.

Self Realisation and giving up sense gratification has to come from within and through God's grace. It should not be imposed or made mandatory.

Guest guest

Jai Ganesh

RE

(Hinduism goals are kama, dharma, hartha and moksa.)

Actually goal of Sanatan Dharma (Hinduism)is to re establish our love for God.Human form of life is for self-realisation, an opertunity, not to be wasted, in pursuit of sense gratification.

Animals enjoy sense gratification better than human without much effort.

RE

(Self Realisation and giving up sense gratification has to come from within and through God's grace. It should not be imposed or made mandatory.)

Sure. Sanatan Dharma is a way of life.What ever we do is voluntary and accept the consequence of karma.

Arjun is asking in B.G.2.36 by what is one impelled to sinful acts,even unwillingly,as if by force?

Shree Bhagvan says,it is kama only,which is born of in mode of passion and later transformed into warth,and which is the all devouring sinful enemy of this world.B.G.3.37

A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,who lives free from desires,who has given up all sense of proprietorship and is devoid of false ego,he alone can attain real peace

Jai Shree Krishna