IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ajaikissoon

Hindu-Muslim Marriage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

y u r getting stuck in all this disputes... u love her.. she loves u... that's it...

If ur love is true.. an understanding will automatically come in ur life.. & u guys 'll sattle down everything at ur end... (food etc. r minor things there r lot other things to worry about... u r lucky that u r getting ur love)

just don't worry...

Don't get stuck in difference in opinions here.. just do whatever ur heart is saying...

All lover's best wishes r vid u...

All the very best...

Guest guest

hinduism" as a term encompasses different customs. people believe in different teachings, instead of saying "hindus are vegetarians", why not say "i think", or "my opinion is". different writings, swamis, gurus, teach different things about vegetarianism. example. gita says one thing, a veda says another. specify please. also specify different castes, groups, have different food "rules".

Yes, that's true. My mom said that in her caste, meat-eating was common. This swami told me that there are vegetarian "Hindus" that do other things that aren't considered humane or possess selfishness, greed, etc, and there are meat-eaters that are such kind, compassionate and caring souls. Now these days, what you eat isn't the only thing that defines what you are.

A Muslim that prays 5 times a day and cover yourself up from head to toe, but are they really a good Muslim when they also decide put a bomb in a building and physicall/verbally harm other people?

I know a liberal "meat-eating" Hindu that devotes her life to helping out the needy and unfortunate, and is actively supportive of humanity. I know a vegetarian Hindu man that beats his wife, cheats on her with 4 different women, and gets into physical fights with others. Who is the "better" Hindu over here? What's the point of being a vegetarian when you can't even treat human beings properly?

Guest guest

{on the day of jugdement Allah will ask her about why she marryed you}

You'd only believe that day of judgement . if you're a muslim. If you're not you couldn't care less.

Guest guest

i am a hindu girl and intend to marry a muslim man.

Both of us respect each others' religions and we have absolutely no problem in adjusting...

I do not understand the warped minds of some of the people on this thread who think that islam is contemptible because of its religious bigotry while at the same time acting like mindless blinded religious bigots themselves..

every religion has to evolve...to evolve, it has to assimilate from the world around it and from other religions..by shutting hinduism out from external influence, all you bigots out here are contributing to the stagnation of hinduism...

think about it...dont shut your mind out to reason...religion, whether hinduism or islam is meant to make society as a whole better...blinded by your straitjacketed interpretations of religion, you are negating the most basic premises of hinduism...

Guest guest

Well who are you to even talk of hinduism, you surely won't be a Hindu after marriage and nor will any kids you may have. What's wrong if we care for our religion and want to preserve it? You certainly don't so what problem do you have with us? Just because we care about preserving Hinduism? There's are people on this board who have stong views regarding religion and why should they not have this? This is a Hinduism message board where we can discuss anything about Hinduism. It's just your tough luck if you can't deal with that.

It may not bother you that your marrying a muslim but it will bother the community, have you thought about why? I know you (and those like you)don't like to hear this but at least I'm a realist, Islam believes other religions are false especially the non-abrahamic faiths such as Hinduism, that have images of God and they must be converted or destroyed and also non-muslims will go to hell. I don't care whether you believe this or not but it is what muslims believe and if you're not so one-sided go ahead and read the koran for yourself and you will see for yourself. Best yet look at their history when they came to India, they were hardly loving tolerant respectful people and they tried their best to wipe Hinduism out. But I guess your one of those types who's going to invent any number of feeble excuses for muslims.

"every religion has to evolve...to evolve, it has to assimilate from the world around it and from other religions..by shutting hinduism out from external influence"

You obviously don't know what you're talking about! Don't you know about Yogananda, Ramakrishna and Vivekananda? What do you think they were about. Surely not they type to shut hinduism. But Islam hasn't evolved, why don't you mention that?

Guest guest

1) It's MUSLIMS, not MOSLEMS

2) What in the World is Mohammednism???

3) "Fortunately her child died"- What's the fortunate part of an innocent child dying?

4)The Prophet (pbuh) Married Ayesha when she was 9. That meant that their nikka was read, he wasn't sleeping with her or living with her until she was an adult.

5)As far as Hashem and his messed up views on Islam allowing family members to sleep with their wives, This guy obviusly doesn't live by the Islamic sharia.

6)I'm not targeting you or anything, BUT, I think that people need to understand that Islam and Hinduism are the EXACT same thing in terms of belief. Now, before you say anything, I would recommend u watch Dr. Zakir Naik's tape on The Similarities between Hinduism and Islam. The truth is out there.

and lastly, please don't believe all this negative garbage that these so called "MUSLIMS" are giving out. Take it from a real Muslim, this guy Hashem is doing things that are totally against the teachings of Islam. Islam is a religion of peace.It means peace. We greet people with the words peace be upon you. To learn the religion, you must read the scriptures not analyze currupt men who give the religion a bad name. Every religion has people in it that misinform people of it's beauty.

I pray for you. Please pray for me to. May Allah make religious men good. And Good men religious...ameen.

Salaam

Guest guest

the muslims that put bombs in buildings and physically hurt people, are not REAL MUSLIMS my friend. These people use religion as an excuse to get their political beliefs accross. As far as the Quran teaching people how to kill the kaffirs....this quote is taken out of context all the time. This was an order from Allah to Prophet Muhammad (phub) to fight back against the people of mecca who were pagan arabs. They(the arabs) were torturing and killing the Muslims. But the prophet ordered the Muslims not to fight back, because Allah hadn't told him to fight but to spread the message of love and brotherhood. Finally Allah sent the revelation when the situation was getting out of control. So the order was to kill the kaffirs only in self defense on the battle field. Hope that helps clear some of the misconceptions about Islam.

Guest guest

"I think that people need to understand that Islam and Hinduism are the EXACT same thing in terms of belief. Now, before you say anything, I would recommend u watch Dr. Zakir Naik's tape on The Similarities between Hinduism and Islam. The truth is out there."

You're surely mistaken there. For a start, Hindus's believe in reincarnation and Moksha, muslims don't, they believe in heaven/hell. Hindus believe in law of karma where any actions positive or negative will determine the way an individual goes in this life or the next, muslims believe in day of judegment. There's alot more differences. There are NOT the same thing. Zakir Naik?...should like Mr Propaganda.

Muslims are hypocrates. They say they do not beleve in Karma but than why do they believe in takdir. Takdir is fate and relates to karma. They do not practice what they preach. They say Allah created all and Allah is merciful but in Iraq and Afghanistan we see Muslims beheading innocent people. Why are the Muslim clerics closing a an eye on this issue?

If life is the creation of Allah than what right do the Muslims have to take it away that was given by Allah? Where is the principle of the Koran? If slaughtering human beings are like slaughtering cows than I have no respect for such religion. If they feel non Muslims are enemies of Allah and Islam than I do not believe in their God Allah or Islam. They can say whatever to justify their means but in my eyes Islam is a religon of evil which only breeds hatred and thirst for blood.

Guest guest

i am afraid...whoever says that about islam.....does not know the ABC of Islam...he/she better be aware.....for the judgement day!....EVERYTHING IS BEING WATCHED AND HEARD!!all the best :-p

Guest guest

There's alot of Info about Islam available, we don't need to read Islamic propaganda here. It's no use saying we don't know the ABC of Islam, because we know far more, we can look at it objectively, outside of the box and see Islam for what it is, whereas muslims can't. We know muslims and their new 'peaceful' tactics...which is just to get people interested in converting. We know that all they are interested in is destroying other religions and converting the world to Islam. Since Islam believes in converting Hindus and insulting their religion it can never be a peaceful religion and there will always be problems with muslims. That's the way it was in the past and that's the way it will be in the future.

Guest guest

1."hindus in the world who eat meat- that does not mean they are less of a hindu then you are"

MOst definately yes it does..meat eating is prohibited in hinduism..so it is safe to say not following the rules of hinduism makes you a hindu by name only not a real one ...some sages did eat meat in the ancient times but they had exceptional spiritual powers..eg. they could free the soul of the animal..send it to a higher plane, so unless one has that kind of spiritual power one should abstain from meat.

2. "we all are (at least i hope most of us are) educated civilized people. racial and religious tolerence should be something that comes naturally to someone who is brought up in today's world"

True, but in the ancient times...(mind you ancient not medieval)...religious tolerance was a lot more present than in todays so called western educated times.

Religious tolerance is one thing reproaching someone for doing something un-religious(eating meat) is another thing.

religious tolerance does not mean tolerating unreligiousness..besides we were just teliing him not to eat meat thats all.

"before the british divided india, hindus and muslims were perfectly fine living with one another."

Not completly true ..read about the islamic barbarian invasion of india...hindus and muslims fought many wars much before the british came to india. Read about chhatrapati shivaji maharaj who fought against the mughal rulers..esp aurangjeb.

"what he eats defines who he is"

The hindu vedas clearly states so...certain foods are known to promote certain behaviours in people..it doesn't neccessarily make you a bad person..for eg. I know many selfish and evil vegeterians, and meat eaters that are good people, but that is not the point, the vedas tell you to eat satvic foods..foods that help you rise or progress spiritually. For eg. certain foods are kown to promote anger, lust etc...equiping yourself with this knowledge whill help you progress spiritually and materialistically as well.

Also eating meat produces bad karma, which you will pay for in your next life.

Guest guest

Well Blah, Blah, Blah!

The guest above is fooling nobody but himself.

It's the same nonsense propaganda that I see on many Islamic a christian websites, that you have posted. The articles themselves prove that whoever wrote it has serious misconceptions about Hinduism. The person doesn't even know that Hinduism only had one God! This Dr Chatterjee doesn't even exist, probabaly a bunch of confused mullahs got together and tried to criticise Hinduism. But we Hindus are OK with criticism, we can take it and adapt and move on. But it's you muslims are still stuck in the time of your false prophet, so theres no hope for you. A little bit of criticism on Islam and you get a heart attack - or decide to become a suicide bomber, because you can't defend your views.

To guest above - you haven't proved a thing, other than you are a victim of anti-Hindu propaganda and you have the ability to cut-and-paste from other websites.

Guest guest

My post was intended to answer the guest who was insulting Hinduism. His post has now been deleted.

plz dont impose the theory of ahimsa on Hinduism.....the geeta explicitly mentions to fight to defend righteousness, but only as a last resort when all other measures of peace fail.

The aryan society did eat beef but later gave it up

The ramayana has explicit passages which mention eating of meat and drinking of wine

Finally, vegetarianism out of compassion for animals is excellent thought, but not out of dogma

Swami Vivekananda himself ate meat....and he was realized....so it is vaishnav myth that meat eaters are doomed......

Guest guest

{The aryan society did eat beef but later gave it up}

This is true. The Brahadaranyaka Upanishad actually prescribes it, though it is rejected nowadays.

I find the Hindus who always impose Ahimsa on other Hindus are usually the Gandhian types, but who unlike Gandhi are not brave enough to take a beating without fighting back.