IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jagat

The antisemitism issue

Rate this topic

I have no objection to devotees taking a stand on issues like the one you describe. However, as a whole, the movement has to express the problem as a moral and ethical one and not as an ethnic or political one.

It is NOT a religious issue at all. Therefore it is entirely peripheral to our concern as a religious movement.

Guest guest

Jagat,

I just read your article on VNN, then I saw this statement above that you wrote to them regarding the "intro" they put at the start of your article.

Personally, I am very pleased to see you voicing disapproval of the racist, bigoted views of the loony crew.

I am tired of internet chat and contention, and I certainly wouldn't bother arguing with anyone at VNN. But in my humble opinion it is good to take the time to denounce racists.

VNN is the biggest sham on the internet, not the most popular Vaishnava web site. I have had some experiences with the Krparama (is he still running vnn? -- but actually, I don't care!!!) and from my experiences I know that the preposterous VNN claim to be "unbiased" is just a hoax. Look at the many, many articles criticizing Tamal Krishna Maharaj and ISKCON on VNN, but did they ever publish any of Narasingha Maharaj's several articles about Narayana Maharaja and his "novel" teachings?

I also feel that devotees need to move beyond the flat-earth view of Krishna consciousness.. as Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur taught us to do Sri Krishna Samhita. But as Bhaktivinode Thakur says in that book, the beginners are numerous and the beginners prefer dogma to revelation and an inspired vison of God.

I myself am from a family of Hitler lovers. The old folks spoke German at home and they thought Hitler was good because "he made the trains run on time". But as Srila Sridhar Maharaj said, "he (Hitler) was too much a hater of the Jews".

-- Muralidhar

I appreciate your comments. The trouble with remaining silent is that small vocal minorities appear to dominate.

I don't think VNN has the self-knowledge to recognize their own biases.

Haribol, Jagat

Guest guest

Can our devotees preach in Israel in freedom and open ashrams in freedom in Israel as the jewish open in USA? I hear about the religious presecution of anti sects movements of religious ortodox fanatics like that institution "lev la achim" and how our devotees suffer there. What about the christian missionaries in Israel?

can samebody tell me why?