IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is there different types of ways that sankrit is.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is there different types of ways that sankrit is written as I went to the website www.omkarananda-ashram.org to try to translate english words into sankrit writing then I showed them to a friend and they said this is not sanskrit writting?

So are there different types of sankrit. And with that websit that Madhavaji recomended is it really that easy as you put the emglish word & it gives you the exact translation or are the translations a bit wrong maybe.

Excuse my ignorance if I'm asking strange questions its just I have no idea what true sanskrit looks like.

Thanks for any help.

Yes you are asking weird questions. The script used for sanskrit is called devnaagri. You can see that script on the website. You can also write other languages in devnaagri. Like hindi. Just like you can write french, german, spanish, english, dutch etc all with roman letters.

It's not exactly a translation utility. It converts text from roman script to devanagari. However, to get all the letters outside the regular roman script (a-z) right, you need to follow the ITRANS convention found in the help-files of the program. For example, A would produce a long a, .n would produce a certain kind of n, N would produce another kind of n, etc.

You have two choices for the output, (1) devanagari, which is the traditional Sanskrit script, and (2) roman translitteration with diacritic marks.

As long as you don't know a bit of Sanskrit, there's always a chance of getting it a bit wrong.

Guest guest

Hello again,

Just want to run this by you,

If Im using the itans if I enter this:

mera pyar hamesha tumhare liye christine

Will this be translated into sankrit that reads in hindi the english version:

My love for you eternally christine.

Oh this is difficult for someone with no background knowledge of these things but the research has been interesting.

Thanks again

Guest guest

Hello,

Its me again the above guest with the translation problems.

Just wondering were I could pick up a copy of the Bhagavad Gita translated into English. Excuse my ignorance but Im based in Australia & my 1st throught was perhaps a Hari Krishna Temple? Im am very interested to read it.

Thanks