IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
stonehearted

trying again

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It looks exactly like what every news cast showed in the early morning (CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS). At that time the streets were practically empty, the town square was empty. Then a trickle of people came out into the square. That picture is too distant and blurry to show any toppled statue, or harness attached to the statue. That is simply an early morning shot. No conspiracy here. Every news channel showed it.

Guest guest

What website did that picture come from? Just want to see the quality of the site (given the nature of the internet).

Guest: That is simply an early morning shot. No conspiracy here. Every news channel showed it.

Well, it's late enough that the vehicle that pulled the statue down is right there in front of it. And I don't see the statue on top of the pedestal (it was a BIG statue). I was watching, too--I saw it live (just as I saw Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald live), and what's more apparent in this picture than in most of what was shown is that the area is sealed off by the Marines.

I'm not asserting that Saddam Hussein is not umpopular among Baghdad's denizens. I'm just calling attention to the cheerleading done by the media. It's perfectly understandable because it's the Department of Defense that decided who got access to the action, so the media had to cooperate. The DoD's handling of the media is much more sophisticated today than during the Vietnam conflict.

The picture and the analysis that accompanies it are on many Web sites, but the original for the whole set seems to be http://www.informationclearinghouse.info.