IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
karthik_v

Who lived in Dwaraka, the world's oldest settlement?

Rate this topic

I am producing an article by an eminent Indologist, Dr. Kalyanaraman on Dwaraka finds. For those unaware, recently, Indian geologists discovered a 9000 year old settlement complex off the coast of Gujarat. Hindus believe that to be Lord Krishna's city. Read on:

By Dr. Kalyanaraman:

I suggest two hypotheses for consideration and further validation in the context of the finds of a neolithic settlement submerged in the Gulf of Khambat:

1. That this neolithic settlement is a precursor to the Sarasvati Sindhu Valley CIvilization, exemplified by the stone structures at Dholavira, in the Gulf of Kutch.

2. That this neolithic settlement is relatable to the bharu-kaks.a described in the Great Epic, the Maha_bha_rata and to R.s.i Bhr.gu and his lineage described in the R.gveda (yes, R.s.i Bhr.gu, the

preceptor of the asura-s; were they mleccha-s speaking Meluhhan?).

The hypotheses are elaborated in the folowing two pages which collate and evaluate the marine archaeological and textual evidence:

1. Bhr.gu, va_run.i, son of Varun.a: Provenance of Bhr.gu: Gulf of Khambat http://www.hindunet.org/saraswati/khambat/bhrgu01.htm

2. Submerged city in the Gulf of Khambat: neolithic precursor of the Sarasvati Sindhu Valley Civilization

www.hindunet.org/saraswati/khambat/khambat01.htm

I'm real interested in these new findings. If it is proven that these cities are over 9000 years old that will be monumental. There is a former reporter for The Economist of London named Graham Hancock who has written some interesting things about ancient civilizations. His most famous book is called "Fingerprints of the Gods". One thing that he tries to prove is that the Sphynx and pyramids are like 10,500 years old. Everyone said no way since civilization is only 5000 years old. If that date barrier is discarded, then a whole lot of other dates may go the way side as well. Should be interesting.

The programs I’ve seen with Graham Hancock have always been very interesting. He seems reasonable enough, but I have found some of his explanations a bit too circumstantial. One point that he continually makes is that many of the great structures of the world are mapping a certain constellation. Whether it is the pyramids, stone henge, or Inca ruins. Still, the most they show is a computer simulation of the movement of stars, and that these match some of the layouts of these structures. All of these maps come out to a constellation setup that would only occur like 10,500 years ago. Its an interesting theory, but since I have zero knowledge of star movements, I’m kind of left with only his side of the story. Still, like I said, he does present some interesting points, and comes across as rather intelligent (must be the English accent).

Guest guest

First of all, the Indus Valley civilization is inaccurately and prematurely dubbed Sarasvati Sindhu...

Now claiming that this settlement to over 9000 years old is another insanne rush towards custodianship.

Claiming that it is an Aryan Vedic civilization is something that is absurd, unless proved..

Guest guest

my friend

these righist elitist Sanskrist people will claim 9000 or nearly 90000 years. They said Ram lived a 100,000 years ago.

'Sindhu Valley Civilization' is a monumental lie imposed upon us...

IT IS NOT A SANSKRIT CIVILIZATION. DWARAKA IS NOT AN OLD SETTLEMENT. ALL THE CARBON 14 DATING IS FALSE AND FABRICATED.

If it is proven that these cities are over 9000 years old that will be monumental.

Wait a minute ... if it is proven that Dwaraka is over 9,000 years old, it means that Sri Krishna came over 9,000 years ago (and surprisingly, the last Ice Age ended nearly 10,000 years ago), just as Man begin to form civilizations throughout the world.

If that is true, then we have been in Kaliyuga not for 5,000 years as everyone believes, but for nearly 9,000 years.

Oh yeah, edited to add - did you notice that, 10,000 years ago, when the world is in midst of Adharmic rules, it went into an Ice Age. Now, nearly 10,000 years later, when the World is slowly decaying, Ice Age is theorized to come again. The Magnetic Pole is shifting and there is more disasters now (in the last 10 years) than the last 50 years combined. Coincidence? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Guest guest

i too dont believe that we hindus should jump to conclusions and believe that dwarka is over 9000 years old. more tests should be done to corroborate it. if it is so, then we should gladly accept it. if not, we should accept the facts and accept the dates. that then is probably sri krishna's time.

but the questions still are around. is it 9000 years ago, 3100 BC or the Vedic age believed to be between 1500 and 500 BC?