IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Questions of a blind devotee

Rate this topic

Haribol.

The only verse I can find at the moment (i'm at work) is http://vedabase.net/sb/11/18/2/en1 but it's not very relevent. I'll look it up in Vedabase when I get home and give a Prabhupada quote.

I also found Kurma Prabhu, who writes fantastic cook books, has given a lot of good information about it here

http://www.kurma.net/faq/q1.html

He doesn't particularly state Mushrooms, but I know they are of the mode of ignorance thus should be avoided.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

"Mushrooms are generally not offered, but there is no prohibition, there is no harm in them."

"Because mushrooms grow in a filthy place, they are not usually offered to Krishna."

Prabhupada quotes from Letters.

Guest guest

Haribol.

My excuse for late replying.

The idea of offering food to god is very very interesting to me. It's sorta my nature.

When I was a young kid I used to offer everything to God. When having composed a piece of music, made a sculpture of matchboxes I used to say "Dear God, Look what I have made, I made it in honour of your glory" When I had a certain nice thought, I offered these to God in my mind. O offered the taste of something flavourable, - It was my very own way to express my love for God, my personal religion.

When I bought that Bhagavad Gita from the Library and brought it home my husband opened and randomly read what was in it. It was vers 9:26 "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it."

That was a very strange 'comming home like' experience. I had never realized other people offer too. I had been sawing people pray but never say "God, I offer this to You" It was like the book contained my whole personal religion - but with many addititions and more in depth.

When I was that youn offereing kid I never realized that one should not offer certain things to god. Why not offer everything like I did? Why should I withould thing from the One and only God whom I love.

Then, this is my confusion. Why not offer everything to god. If you'd do that with sincere devotion, woudn't He accept it?

Jay Sri Krishna!

Provided you are doing the right things, this is good.

If you're doing sinful activities, and offering them, this is bad..

But if you're doing things for Krishna, this is devotional service, and is the highest goal in the material world. /images/graemlins/smile.gif