IndiaDivine.org

double standards

Rate this topic

deepraj

I think a lot of you claim to be Hare Krishna devotees on the internet and mask yourselves with the facades of being deeply theistic and philosophical individuals. However, I find it hypocritical of you all to be addressing these issues on the internet. Utilizing technology is a form of material dependence, which is strictly against the beliefs of the movement. Am I the only one who senses this?

"Utilizing technology is a form of material dependence, which is strictly against the beliefs of the movement".

can u pls. tell who say/said this? or u are manufacturing this theory? Thanx

"Utilizing technology is a form of material dependence, which is strictly against the beliefs of the movement".

Personally, I believe that when "Technology" as you put it is utilised for Krishna consciousness, it is a positive thing as you are enquiring/learning with other devotees in an open forum that is centred on Krishna and not for personal sense gratification. I am sure many members of this site will agree..

Hare Krishna!

Mr. Child Pls. do me a humble favour. Pls. chant this mantra:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna,Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare

Thanks a lot,

"Utilizing technology is a form of material dependence, which is strictly against the beliefs of the movement."

As I see it (and I had similar themed discussions with devotees from the local temple), using technology for personal material gain would've been material dependence, but using it to work for spreading Krsna-consciousness, it is not.

Giving up material posessions does *not* mean not using anything material around us, for we are not able to leave the material world or loosen the grip of maha-maya without being granted so by Lord Krsna. Utilizing maha-maya so that it works for your cause of spreading Krsna-consciousness, however, is not work for personal material gain and as such transcends material existance.

At least, this is the conclusion I reached after a discussion with one of the devotees from a local temple.

Haribol!

Hare Krishna!

Going out of context from the original post, i have a question, or actually a comment on Thomas256 post

You say Maha-Maya, is it Maha-Maya or Yoga-Maya.

The Maya that is covering the material plane, I think is Yoga-Maya and the Maya that covers Krishna is Maha Maya.

In other words, Maha Maya is directly serving Krishna by covering Him and Yoga Maya is having fun with us in this material world.

This is my understanding.

Please clarify this or correct me if iam wrong?

Haribol!

anand

"You say Maha-Maya, is it Maha-Maya or Yoga-Maya."

Maha-Maya is the supreme Maya that covers us while we exist in this material world.

Yoga-Maya covers the spiritual existance, even Lord Krsna himself, as He enjoys His transcendental pastimes in spiritual universe.

Lord Krsna is absolute, He knows what has happened, and He knows what will happen. So you may ask yourself: "If Lord Krsna knows everything, how can He have a pastime/party when everything that will happen, He already knows?" That is the reason why there is such thing as Yoga-Maya. Yoga-Maya covers the bhaktas and Lord Krsna in the spiritual universe, keeping them in ignorance of presence of Lord Krsna. Even Lord Krsna knows not of Himself.

(I apologize if the top post doesn't make much sense, but we had a lecture at the temple on this on Sunday, and my notes are kinda messy. Allow me more time, and I will elaborate the matter more thoroughly)

Haribol!