IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dawncurry

castaway

Rate this topic

Haribol everyone, my name is Dawn Curry and I am living on the Isle of Lewis (outer Hebrides) at the top of scotland.I hardly ever get to see the devotees,so I was wondering if I could get some communication going with some yatis out there.I have Nrsimha here with me to keep the bogeyman away and to sort my head out a bit. I have been reading srimad bhagavatam this year,and I am now on to 6th canto part 3...The last time I saw the devotees was at Lesmahagow,in scotland,at Gaurangas birthday.I got a right telling off from Sri Balabh Maharaja,for being such an idiot,and I have been benefiting from it on a daily basis since then...I am doing voluntary work just now,cutting grass for old and disabled people,so I am getting plenty of practice,and I read daily,and Iam chanting aswell. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO WILL TALK TO ME ABOUT KRISHNA ??????

Guest guest

That is the purpose of this forum!

you can talk, share your experienecs and give ideas.

Haribol!

anand

that was a quick reply ! Krishna gives me so many nice things...strangely enough,the electricity just got cut off for 1/2 hour.Its getting to be winter up here,and that always means one thing...the electric goes off.fortunately I was able to light the candles on my alter so I wasnt totally in the dark..

haribol,prabhus,sakis and devas....tonight I lit the candles first.today i was a bit stuck in maya,having to deal with my seemingly never ending trials with cupid, who struck me in a garden whilst i was trying to do some bhakti.But I suppose i got an answer eventually,on my due page to read in srimad bhg...6/16/35.Srila Prabhupada said "A devotee who has surrendered fully to the Lord...knows that the creative energy of all living entities...exists because they are all part and parcel of the Lord."They are part of God,but are not God..SO that sorted that out..well hopefully, cos i have to work with him on monday again.....So I will be considering the element of the "creative energy" and doing some due time with brahmacharya understanding and wondering where on earth im supposed to direct this energy,if not at my colleague.

In the last few weeks I have given up smoking,drinking,tea,coffee,fizzy drinks (see Lord Indra)and sex. I had a wierd thing happen to me which involved some enemies,my children and the police,and a large bottle of the honey,yoghurt and spring water I bathed my Lord Nrsimha in. I, eventually after raging in anger and scarring the police out of my house fell in a heap of tears and got doped up by the doctor.I was then struck with a sense of how stupid i am and it appeared I was being given a choice admit to god (and no-one else ) that i am a complete idiot,or to carry on like everyone else .So I very bravely grovelled to the Lord,and this was actually easier than not admitting I am an idiot.At that point I stopped taking the medication and after I had socked all my enemies one,i went back to work,and started developing boils all over my face.

Then yes there is more,one of my freinds who thinks he is my boyfreind took me out fishing to catch salmon..(this is part of the culture up here.).His motivation to do this was to prevent me from seeing someone else who i thought was my boyfreind but isnt.Well i caught a salmon,which i felt really guilty about even though,it is quite an art,and some people never catch one.Then the freind suggested we celebrate by drinking a bottle of whisky,which is the tradition up here,when you catch your first salmon. So we took the fish and the whisky to my mothers. late into the hours of the morning, we were all so drunk ,i phoned up the person who i thought was my boyfriend but isnt,and the guy who thinks he is my boyfreind,but isnt ,punched me in the face,and i got a bleeding nose...He then went out of my mothers house,in his car and got stopped by the police and arrested for drunk driving.He got thrown in the cells ,and has had his licence removed,and has lost his driving job, ...SOOO

Then i gave up drinking,fishing,smoking and sex...

I had to get my computer running,cos i am doing an online computer course(as is the way up here)and I thought I check out some sensible association....cos i reckon i need some....Please speak to me,,,I need krishna friends.....

Guest guest

what you want. It would help a great deal if you could give some space between paragraphs and successive sentences.

Are you asking us what you need to do regarding your boyfriend? Or, are you trying to tell us you've given up your boyfriend (and worldliness that goes with it) and starting a new life? If so, do you wish to know how to proceed, where to start, and so forth? Please be brief, so we can understand. Let's take one step at a time.

Haribol

Life sounds like its a bit hectic and confusing for you at the moment! Keep on with your devotional service, and keep away from any bad stuff such as the whiskey and killing of fishes.

I hope you can sort out your relationships and find some stability and peace. Try to be careful who you associate with as it can have a big influence on your thinking - if you cannot find a devotee to team up with do your best to find a clear-headed decent fellow.

Keep on chanting and try to simplify and purify your life.

Hare Krishna and best wishes

Mark

Guest guest

Hi there!

I am Kitty and I will come to the isle of Lewis tomorrow to work there as an au pair for an autistic child...I am from The netherlands. Lived in India before and also lived in belgium for three months in the hare krishnacommunity Radadesh8chateau de petite somme.

i am not an official devotee but I understand you and if you would like to let you know that I am there

Guest guest

Hi there!

I am Kitty and I will come to the isle of Lewis tomorrow to work there as an au pair for an autistic child...I am from The netherlands. Lived in India before and also lived in belgium for three months in the hare krishnacommunity Radadesh8chateau de petite somme.

i am not an official devotee but I understand you and if you would like to let you know that I am there my email is kjc_stubbe@hotmail.com