IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Full Krishna Consciousness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!!

May the supreme have mercy on us all.. I have just started reading the Gita-As It Is again and find that I am able to understand things I could'nt previously. However, something has left me slightly disheartened..There is a constant stress on becoming "Fully Krishna Consciousness" and the need to find a Bona Fide Spiritual Master. Does this mean that no matter how much we chant in terms of Japa or even in a passive state, our efforts are worthless and we are doomed as we are not fully surrendered? I would appreciate it if any Devotee's could shed some light on this..

Many Thanks and Haribol!!

Guest guest

Prabhupada is pushing us to become "fully Krsna Conscious" because he realizes the urgency of it. Also, such statements are there for the more surrendered souls to take strength in.

However, we should not become discouraged and think that there is no use in doing just "a little bit of Krsna Consciousness."

Sri Krsna says directly in the Gita (2.40):

nehabhikrama-naso 'sti

pratyavayo na vidyate

svalpam apy asya dharmasya

trayate mahato bhayat

"In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear."

The key word here is svalpam, or very little. So Krsna is encouraging us here that yes, even a very little bit of pious activity can render immense benefit. So don't lose hope! Hare Krsna.

Haribol!

I too have always worried about finding a bona fide spiritual master - but when you think about it Srila Prabhupada is THE bona fide spiritual master, so in a way you have already found one by reading his works.

Many of the questions one might have can be asked of devotees (eg on this site for instance). So do not despair, just keep on going as best as you can. Eventually you will find a living bona fide spiritual master by Krishna's arrangment when you need one.

I also wonder at what point one is considered to be "Fully Krishna Conscious" - how can you tell how you are developing ? I've been trying for nearly two years now and also feel disheartened at times, usually when I let myself down in some way or see or read about real devotees, and realise how impure I still am. I suppose its best not to try to see God but hope that he notices you by your efforts instead, and shows mercy to you. I have read that God does not mind people faults, its their indifference to him that he objects to.

By attempting to become Krishna Conscious you have started the surrendering process - keep it going!

I guess one should not worry too much and just keep on with developing ones devotional service of chanting, hearing/reading, worshiping, serving, associating with devotees, remembering Him etc, and not give up even when one falls down in some way or makes mistakes such as saying or doing the wrong thing (As I do on a fairly regular basis - my apologies to anyone I have ever offended).

If we were perfect we would not be in this world in the first place!

Hare Krishna

Mark

Guest guest

dillon

There is a constant stress on becoming "Fully Krishna Consciousness" and the need to find a Bona Fide Spiritual Master. Does this mean that no matter how much we chant in terms of Japa or even in a passive state, our efforts are worthless and we are doomed as we are not fully surrendered?

--see it positively... if you chant sincerely hare krishna, you are asking thousands of times everyday to sri rade to serve krishna. So she will provide al the things needed for krsna's service. Including the spiritual master, who is the representative of krsna, the one that we can easily love and serve because he is visible in the human platform.

So go on chanting and have full faith in Sri Radhe

(and in Srila Prabhupada who gave the instruction to find a bona fide, living spiritual master)

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

I accept to posts before, i would like to add my 2 cents worth.

Growth in in Krishna consciousness to me is just how you were before and how you are now. That is before and after krishna consciousness.

So the more we lose the conept of "I" or that is stop thinking too much of our needs in any situation and always see as an action of God or as the mercy of God, and that Krishna wants this to happen, i think that is signifcant growth.

So, but, i think we dont need to worry as Srila Prabhupada said many times how much ever advanement we make in this lifetime, and for some reason we cannot advance, Krishna will give us an appropriate body the next time for advancing. So, if we leave this body with 10% advancement we will start in our next life from 10% and not from 0%.

Also, Srila Prabhupada, that if we somehow chant for sometime even without attention, we will get a human body in the next life. So we can continue.

I think we just have to be honest and sincere to our limitations and impurities and advance accordingly.

Isnt honesty and sincereity quality of a devotee??

Haribol!

anand

Actually by reading Srila Prabhupada's books you are already initiated as his disciple, you *have* a bonafide spiritual master.... Srila Prbahupada himself says that the initiation ceremony is CEREMONIAL, true initiation begins when knowledge of Krishna is awakaned

as for full Krishna consciousness that means always being aware of Krishna in every situation at every moment

some clues to help you along the way:

#1. when you begin to see how things that previously seemed different are actually the same, know you are on your way to full Krishna consciousnes...then...

#2. giving and receiving will become one emotion, one action, and understood to be non-different....

#3. you will never experience prema until you give your love to Him (because giving and receiving are the same)

#4. lust=WANTING, love=GIVING

#5. to give your love to Him you must remember how...chanting Krishna, reading Krishna, hearing Krishna, etc, will remind you (and it's not some technical process, it's an awakenance of remembrace you feel in your heart, where the soul rests)

#6. you must suffer so that all attachment to finite things will wither away...do not inflict this suffering on yourself, but consider yourself blessed if Krishna takes everything away from you

#7. the truth can only be understood in love, not by any logic/reasoning...don't worry...it will come

#8. Krishna knows how much you can handle and how much you can't... sometimes a little comes at a time, sometimes none, and sometimes you get a brick thrown at you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

#9. you have to force yourself to ignore your passions when a situation arises and you become emotional... try to look at the situation with an even-mind and chant the holy name

#10. above all, remember that EVERYTHING comes from Krishna and it's only your perception that is thwarted by lust...you are just an observer travelling on the wings of your perception

Jai Sri Krishna Govinda Hare Murari Hey Natha Narayana Vasudeva

How much control do we have over our spiritual developement ? It is all in Krishnas hands,and He is very mysterious...Krishna says in bhagavad gita that He is time...and spiritual developement takes time and experiance and alot of understanding ....Sri Balabh Maharaja said,"Love of God is not a cheap thing," and you know its not,you got to go through some stuff to get there.

What krsna wants i think most of all is for us to be real with Him...I am not a devotee as such,but i am gratefull to krishna for being so patient with me,giving me my material needs ,making me suffer so i would learn,and for generally being there...He makes me happy,,,that should be enough for you...and when He wants to improve you,,He will.