IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

Some Little stories

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

My 10 year old daughter has been studying 'hinduism', along with other faiths at her Church of England school where they make a point of studying other religions, and told me a couple of nice stories that she had learnt that came from the 'hindu' studies :-

'A man had died and gone up to heaven, where he met God and together they looked at the mans life, all the good times and bad times he had gone through.

All the way through his life there were 2 sets of footprints running side by side. The man asked God why there were two sets of footprints and God said that was because he had always been walking alongside the man, keeping him company through his life.

The man then noticed that whenever he had been going through a difficult time in his life, that there was only one set of footprints.

He became upset with God and said 'Why did you abandon me at these diffcult moments in my life!'.

God answered 'I did not abandon you - I was carrying you!"'

The other little story my daughter told me was as follows (I paraphrase it somewhat) :

'God was surrounded by many souls of newly arrived beings in heaven, and he asked them what they wanted to be reborn as. Almost all of the souls wanted to go back with even better facilities for enjoying themselves than they had before, like the soul that had been in a little birds body wanted to have a the body of an even bigger bird with bigger wings, so that he could fly faster and higher. All of the requests were of this order, and God granted them their requests.

Finally God came to one soul that had been in a mans body and asked him what he wanted. The man said that he wanted nothing but to stay in heaven with God, and God was very pleased and said 'This one has cracked the puzzle of life!'

Simple little stories can explain such a lot!

Does anyone know where these came from and can they point me to anymore please?

Many thanks

Haribol and AGSTP!