IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Nicolas_Bhai

MYSTIC CONCOCTION

Rate this topic

I have some links on this; I post will having to seen your views at this. is kind of conversational link, you could even hear at this ; http://www.prabhupadavani.org/Conversations/Text/115.html

any way i will post it. -- May 19, 1975 --

Jesuit: No thank you. How many hours of prayer a day do, say, the men here do?

Prabhupada: To worship God, we have got nine processes. One is to hear about God and to speak about God -- sravanam kirtanam. Then, memorizing God's activities. Sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam .-sevanam [sB 7.5.23]. Then worshiping his feet -- just like we offer flower to the feet. Sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam .-sevanam arcanam. Then Deity worship, just like we are doing in the temple, Deity worship. Then vandanam, offering prayers, just like you do in the church. Vandanam, dasyam, to engage oneself always in the service. Sravanam kirtanam visnoh smaranam .-sevanam arcanam vandanam dasyam. Sakhyam -- to taking as the best friend, considering God as the best friend.

Jesuit: Consider God as?

Prabhupada: Best friend.

Jesuit: Best friend.

Prabhupada: Just like Arjuna did. Arjuna worshiped God as friend, the best friend. God is the best friend for everyone.

Jesuit: That's right. As John says, "God is love."

Prabhupada: Yes. So, dasyam sakhyam atma-nivedanam, to offer everything to God -- whatever I have got, my body, my money, my... everything. These are nine processes:

sravanam kirtanam visnoh

smaranam .-sevanam

arcanam vandanam dasyam

sakhyam atma-nivedanam

[sB 7.5.23] ....