IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

Ending suffering dilemma

Rate this topic

Haribol

Can anyone tell me what one should do if they come across an injured animal, insect or other creature that is in pain and beyond hope of recovery - should one end the creatures life quickly to prevent its suffering any more pain or let nature take its course and leave it to die naturally ?

My cat once caught a mouse and the mouse was badly injured and squealing in pain, and could not use its back legs any more, so I felt I had to finish its suffering by killing it quickly, although I felt quite sick by doing so.

What should one do when faced with this sort of situation ?

Hare Krishna

Did I do the right thing ?

Guest guest

There is no real right or wrong in these situations. Just act with good intentions

Guest guest

16. Sometimes piety becomes sin, and sometimes what is ordinarily sin becomes piety on the strength of Vedic injunctions. Such special rules in effect eradicate the clear distinction between piety and sin.

the action is not good or bad. The intention is. To kill anything is sad but if it is just going to suffer and die maybe better to put it out of its misery. Just do what you think is right.