IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

Childrens version of Bhagavad Gita

Rate this topic

Haribol,

Can anyone recommend a version of the Gita written for children please ? I would like to get one for my 10 year old child.

Many thanks,

Mark

Thank you Prabu.

I don't fully understand that much of the Gita either (alhought I like to think I do being rather foolish!)

I just wanted to introduce my daughter who is not into KC, in a gentle way to the teachings of the Gita.

(I may learn something from a simple childrens version too)

Haribol!

I actually did a Powerpoint presentation, [which I am about to convert to Flash, cause everybody doesn't have Powerpoint]. It's 18 Keys verses of Gita. It seems fun, but its actually serious. If I ever get it done lol. I will tell you.

Guest guest

the gita is simple to read, i find Adharmic demoniac scriptures hard to understand like the bibles, witchcraft, wicca, koran, buddha sutras, talmud.

but The New Testament Anointed Standard Translation (AST) from the greek original is pretty clear and correct as it contains the true teaching of christ not the lies and frauds the KJV and NIV has. ( anointedstandard.com )

how does one defeat arguments when one can not understand the demoniac texts? one like me as i have true distaste and distain for non-vishnava texts.

Guest guest

Haribol Prabhu,

The simplest way to make children understand the philosophy is through stories. The taste of Bhagawatam is in the fact that those are purely the activities of the supreme Lord or related to His devotees. In India it is a general practise that children are told bed time stories from the puranas. That way listening to the holy names constantly (which is fun for kids because its in story form) it purifies the heart of the child. Note the power of the holy names that they do not distinguish between a person who understands the power or not. It simply acts for the benefit of the jiva.

To answer your query, I think the best way is to let your child read story books on puranas. These you can get from many hindu temples or Krishna.com. They are the easiest way to make a child ask question. Then you can always relate the answers using Gita.

Hope this helps.

Hare Krishna.

Radhey Radhey

Guest guest

for the really little kiddies who cant read yet

Krishna.com has a great box set of Puppet shows for children

my daughter is only 2 years old and already she can tell you the strories of Dhruva Maharaj, Jada bharat, Lord Chaitanya being rescued form the sea and about 20 more stories!

It's great learning tool, and for someone like me with a real ADD type mind - it sinks in better than reading heehee.

Aum ShreeVishnave Namah

Certainly, its never late to Wake up. Although i haven't read the whole Book myself but i'd recommend you a book named:

'GEETA for CHILDREN'

This book is commented upon by Swami Shri Chinmayanandji. Yo me, he interweaves, apparantely distinct aspects of Gyan and Bhakti, in a great unity.

i can't comment upon this particular BOOK, becuase of not having read the whole book yet, but as far as the Author of this book is concerned, i'd give you a big green light.

i've been in touch with Srila Parbhupadji's uncommentable literature since quite a long but this acarya is...Its not wise to compare two (uncomparable) personalities. So i won't dig a pit in my intelligence.

But yes, you can safely gift this book to your sweet daughter. Go ahead.

A little something about the BOOK

It is a commentary by Swami Chinmayananji. The book contains 18 chapters with commentary. And after each chapter, a few questions, related to that particular chapter, are asked. It expands to around 150 pages. Nice for a kid. It costs around 30 INR.

You may ask me for futher assistance for procuring such books.

Hari Aum Tat Sat