IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Disabled with questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Greetings /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wont gloss this over I have spinal arthrites and wonder how put out people would be if I showed up to learn and celebrate. Kneeling and sitting on the groud are very difficult for me and getting up and down require assistance. I find joy in the books and serveral CDs I have. I want to take the next step but am scared as to how I will be recieved.

Thank you for any replies.

Guest guest

Certainly the way you SHOULD be recieved is with great hapiness and encouragement.

Devotess understand that we are not these bodies,

If these things are too difficult for you to manage then arrangemt should be made for you to undertake what IS possible.

Quite often when I have been at the temple, very eledrly people have enteretd, only to findthemselves quickly set up with a chair and nice cushion.

True servants of Krishan want nothing more than to server the devotees of Krishna. It is with great hapiness that they wish to accomodate you.

Everyone is welcome to come worship Krishna no matter what their pshysical condition.

Please do not let this stop you from coming to worship Krishna.

Haribol,

Devotees would be filled with joy if you were to show up, and I'm sure would do all they could to help you both physically and spiritually. They would be delighted to hear of the joy you find in the books and CDs, as I am.

Although not disabled, I was very nervous of going to visit my nearest temple (Coventry in the UK) for the first few times, but was received with great kindness and friendliness every time, and enjoy going there more and more with each visit. I just wish I could go more often!

Despite being a bit slow to learn things I have only ever had friendship and encouragment from the wonderful devotees there.

Disablement of any kind is not a barrier to KC.

Association with devotees is of great importance in developing KC, and the joy you have found in the books and CDs will be doubled by assocation with like-minded people.

I must admit I found my first few visits a bit mind-blowing, as finding yourself in the presence of Lord Krishna and his devotees can be somewhat overwhelming to begin with. If you find this, don't let it put you off, stick with it, and you will not regret it.

Humble obeisances

Mark