IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mark

Double punishment ? Hell and Karma Questions

Rate this topic

Haribol!

Please excuse my ignorance but I have a question regarding

hell and karma.

If we are punished for all our sinful deeds in hell why do we need to be punished in the next life by our karma ?

I accept that this happens (and for a good reason I expect)but I just wondered why ?

Is it because karma can be both good and bad, so if we performed some good deeds in one life, we receive some good karma in return ? It just seems we are punished twice for our bad deeds, although as many of us never seem to learn our lesson, this is probably necessary!

Also, is it only humans that have karma, as animals do not have the ability to choose between good and bad actions, just acting and reacting with their instinct appropriate to the body they have taken birth in ?

If I understand correctly, if we make the right choices we keep getting better, bit by bit, through our various lives and eventually we may develop Krishna Conciousness and escape our karma (both good and bad) to return to Krishna.

Jaya Srila Prabhupada !

My humble obeisances

Mark

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

After this life we go to hell which is life on one of the hellish planets. Which hellish planet depends on our sins.

Then we return to this or other earlthy planets in a suitable body and conditions. Life is hellish on Earth too. Actually life on any material planet is hellish.

The animals are not subjected to the law of karma. Only the humans.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

The animals are not subjected to the law of karma.

The animals have lower consciousness and they do things on impulses and not by judgement like the humans.

Having said this, in Kali Yuga most humans have the mentality of animals. They do things wihtout thinking of the consequences.