IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Serious question..I cant follow regulative principles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Out of four RPs,

1) Gambling: No

2) Intoxication: Tea, coffee. I dont drink alcohol or smoke.

3) Illicit sex: no, but I do masturbate and have sexual thoughts

4) Meat eating: No, except eggs.

As you can see, I dont follow RPs fully. What am I to do? Do I simply pray to krishna, hoping i'd become perfect as I go along. Or do I make the effort? I do make the effort but it is not working. Do I have to pray to devatas for help?

Please show me the way.

Guest guest

I forgot to mention. Will Hanuman help in controlling sexual thoughts? They are killing me.

Out of four RPs,

1) Gambling: No

2) Intoxication: Tea, coffee. I dont drink alcohol or smoke.

3) Illicit sex: no, but I do masturbate and have sexual thoughts

4) Meat eating: No, except eggs.

>As you can see, I dont follow RPs fully. What am I to do?

getting eggs out of your diet is relatively easy. after all, a nice sabji is much more palatable than an omelette.

as far as sex desire, that is extremely difficult to deal with. traditionally in india, people got married before the age of 20. thus no sexual frustration. nowadays it is delayed. but in the long run, the Vedic answer (as most cultures in the world) to sexual agitation is to get married and have children. Hari bol!

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

talking about sexual desires, relinquishing it is a big deal. However, my personal opinion is everyone has this problem.

This is natural and that is why we are born again. Srila Prabhupada says, the whole material manifestation is running based on the attracting between boy and girl (iam paraphrasing). Also, he says, we are born again in this planet because we have those desires. So, you see, you are not alone and hence you dont have to kill yourself over this.

Next, your willing to change which is a good thing. How many people you know even think these things as wrong and the people who condone these sexual activities show scientific studies as to how it is good for the body.

So, you have done a good job of coming to the platform of accepting the principles.

Next, trying to follow it is the tough part. Controlling sexual activity(including masturbation) is not easy. However, it is not impossible.

So, your efforts to stop masturbation starts at various levels. The 1st level i can think of is first prevent habits and activities that you know will have sexual elements in it. It can be anything from passionate movies, foul language, excessive association with the opposite sex, or magazines. So, it depends on you to decide what excites you and gives you these thoughts. You have to plain prevent them and not think i can do little and get out of it. Not possible!

So, simultaneously, during the same time as you do the preventive measures, you should chant everyday. This is the most crucial part, you cannot prevent your desires forever, so the only way to seal the desire is by chanting everyday and asking Krishna for His mercy. So, both prevention and chanting should be diligent and sincere.

For all this, you need vairagya and will-power. So, yes, it is not easy, if you want to serve the SUPREME, then you have to put in your SUPREME effort. That is as simple as that.

So, take baby steps first and concentrate on preventive measures and have short term goals from 1day to a week to a month and then to years. Dont think, from the beginning of your entire life. Just think of small steps and everyday CHAnt and seek krishna's blessings.

and for all this to happen, you should SINCERELY DESIRE TO STOP SEXUAL INTERESTS BEFORE MARRIAGE without which everything is a farce and Krishna knows your level of sincereity.

So, the lesson is, sincereity and preventive measures with consistent chanting and seeking Krishna's mercy. All done on a "day to day basis" and not thinking of all your future.

Hope this helps.

Haribol!

anand