IndiaDivine.org

To eradicate vasna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisances unto Him!

i want to ask how to restrain our mind and senses, how to concur them

hari bol

to control the mind and senses we must engage them in the service of the Lord by chanting, honoring prasada, looking at the Deity form, hearing Krsna-katha, etc. then the senses can be controlled.

"So therefore Krishna is described, Hrsikesa. Hrsikena hrsikesa-sevanam bhaktir ucyate. And bhakti means to serve Hrsikesa by the hrsika. Hrsika means senses. Krishna is the master of the senses, and therefore, whatever senses I have got, the master is Krishna, proprietor is Krishna. So when our senses are engaged in the satisfaction of the master of the senses, that is called bhakti. This is the definition of bhakti, devotional service. And when the senses are engaged for sense gratification, not for the master, that is called kama. Kama and prema. Prema means to love Krishna and do everything for satisfaction of Krishna. That is prema, love. And kama means everything done for the satisfaction of my senses. This is the difference. The sense is the medium. Either you do it, satisfy your senses, or you satisfy Krishna's senses. But when you satisfy Krishna's senses, you become perfect, and when you satisfy your senses, you become imperfect, illusioned. Because you cannot satisfy your senses. That is not possible without Krishna. Hrsikena hrsikesa-sevanam bhaktir ucyate." SP Bg. 2.9 Lecture