IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
nila_madhava

are chocolates intoxicants?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

Chocolates are bad for your health due to the sugar but remember a devotee should only eat food that is first offered to Lord Krishna. In the Bhagavd-gita it states that only food cooked within 3 hours should be eaten, and also after offering.

Thus if you want to follow the Bhagavad-gita and keep healthy then no chocolates.

I gave up alcohol and caffeine drinks such as tea and coffee as I became more serious about KC, but although I have reduced my choc intake, I still give into temptation

sometimes and eat a little bit now and then, although I know I should not.

I have noticed that when I eat one bit of chocolate though, I come close to losing control and feel like cramming my face full of choc...

Its dangerous to give into even small amounts of desire for sense gratification, as this can open the flood gates !

Mark

Guest guest

HareKrishna!

You are absolutely correct! Even teeth get very spoilt in the process with loads of cavitites in the long run.

Guest guest

Yes Prabhu, chocolate is definately an intoxicant though a very mild one. Still, you will find that those who are serious in spiritual life will avoid things which are unofferable to Krishna.

There is a difference between heroine and caffeine. My advice is not to try and give up things automatically and dont feel too bad about eating it (worse is to dress as a devotee and eat it!). Remember, spiritual life is a life-long experience so dont kid yourself. In time, you will slowly wont to give it up. Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

chocolate processed with akli is caffiene free. eat chocolate that is sugar free if that is a issue for some fanatics.

Guest guest

unreal expectations, that is why people shun being honest about what they eat. one can make sugarfree or low sugar choco with no caffiene and its natural fresh and good for you. chocolate is good for you.

Guest guest

Dark Chocolate is actually supposed to be very healthy. It is not really cooked either so I dont think the 3 hr cooking thing applies. Anyway we must remember that the Gita is a mix of Sruti and Smriti, well technically it is all sruti so I should say it is a mix of absolute truth and beneficial action for that time. things like food being cooked within 3 hours of cooking has to do also with facilities at that time, such as no refrigeration. This

Guest guest

By fundies do you mean fundamentalists?

By Haritic? do you mean heretic? or do you mean Hari Tic as in a Tic on lord Hari. I hope its not the latter