IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jagatpurush

Cancer Researcher and Book Distributor

Rate this topic

Her Grace Sarada Mataji from London secured second place in Soho Street temple's book distribution marathon despite her very engaging career as a cancer researcher and full time responsibility to care for her husband and family. Upon receiving this wonderful news from His Grace Jai Nitai Prabhu, Guru Maharaj sent the following reply:

Dear Jai Nitai Prabhu,

Please accept my best wishes. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thank you very much for informing me about Sarada devi dasi's remarkable service to Srila Prabhupada. Although you are giving me the credit, I know that I do not actually deserve it. The credit goes to Srila Prabhupada's causeless mercy in the form of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. It is he who brought her to this movement and trained and nurtured her spiritual life through his wonderful devotees in this institution.

The credit naturally goes to Sarada, also, for being so dedicated to serving Srila Prabhupada and pleasing him. She knows that distributing his books is most pleasing to His Divine Grace. That is why she has taken up this service in spite of so many odds against her. Although she works full time, in her spare time, she distributes Srila Prabhupada's books. On Saturdays, she makes it a point to go out for at least a few hours. As you mentioned, in order to participate in the book distribution marathon, she even took a leave of ten days. She not only used her holidays to distribute books, but she secured second place in the marathon. This indicates her sincere desire to please Srila Prabhupada.

Incidents like this prove to me how Srila Prabhupada is attracting, inspiring and guiding the sincere souls even after his disappearance from this planet. This shows the importance of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. We can understand that Srila Prabhupada is still present on the planet in the form of ISKCON. Just as Krishna manifests Himself in His deity or in His Holy Name during His apparent absence from this planet, Srila Prabhupada has manifested himself through his institution. His Divine Grace himself mentioned that ISKCON is his body.

When I see the love and dedication of the devotees who did not have the personal association of His Divine Grace while he was on this planet, I become aware of how attractive Srila Prabhupada actually is. Although I assume a senior position and had the good fortune of serving His Divine

Grace personally, I must admit that I am learning to appreciate Srila Prabhupada's greatness from them. I am confident that with the passing of time, I will continue to have many more such opportunities to make spiritual advancement.

Thank you very much for guiding and inspiring Sarada in her spiritual life so nicely.

I hope this meets you well.

Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada,

Bhakti Charu Swami