IndiaDivine.org

Radha Krishna Deity Worship

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

I would like to know when it is appropriate to begin deity worship in the home. I live far away from a temple so it is not possible to visit regulary. I was thinking about getting my own deities of Sri Sri Radha Krsna. I have not got deities of Gaura Nitai or Jagganath Baldev and Subhadra. However I want to begin worship of Krishna and Radha. I have been Krsna conscious for around a year now, and I chant around four rounds a day. Would it be alright to buy some deities? (I have read how to look after them on the net from diff sites). I would like to know your opinion on this matter, if is should get deities yet or wait.

Hare Krishna

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

pamho.

i do understand your situation about living far from the temple because I do too. According to the Bhagavtam worshiping the Deity form of the Supreme Lord automatically brings purity and satisfaction to the mind. A person has no engagement in Deity service he will simply remain attracted to material sense gratification, and he will have no hope of giving up bad association. But deity worship is complicated. there are many standards to follow, especially that of Radha and Krishna. There are mantras to follow, the praphernalias, etc. One must not only be ready physically but also spiritually for deity worship.So I suggest that you start first with a picture.

Radhe! Radhe!

Guest guest

I am in no place to give information although getting Gaura Nitai deities as by far the best for beginners. Before this some start with a murti of Prabhupada. Next is Jagganath Baladev an Subhadra, and then Radha Krsna. Of course this is not a instant change. It will go on for a period of years. Best to start with pic forms of Panca tattva, Prabhupada and Sri Radha Krsna.

picture of Panca-tattva is best. They will give all blessings. in this age nama-kirtana is stressed and not arcana. technically to worship Radha-Krsna you should be brahmana initiated. it is nice that you have feeling to worship Krsna but to worship independent of pancaratrika-vidhi would be considered sahajiya.

Guest guest

Please have GauraNitai pictures then deities.

Because Gaura Nitai is so merciful and will accept your offenses but Radha Krsna deities Must have the topmost service they are not as accepting of these offenses that all of us make when we first start deity worship.

ALSO please keep in mind it is very important that whatever standard of worship you perform you cannot go backwards! this is greatest offense!

your standard of woship must always be getting better - you cannot slack off once you start therefore it is best for pictures to begin with.

Also Radha Krsna deities will need service everyday - so if you travel it is best Gaura nitai because if you must go away you can leave some water and nice nuts, dried fruits etc for your deities while you are away.

so much to considere.

Please visit the website www.deityworship.com where can get all the innformation for worshipping deity )or picture) in your own home and all mantras and such.

Hare Krsna!